News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
The people bitching don't actually care, if they released it in full 10 minutes later the same people would be bitching about something else. It's not good faith.
They will be bitching about something else AFTER they manipulate and spin it into a democrat witch hunt because Trump is Above the law in their eyes.

Go back to what Trump said during is campaigning in 2016.. he could shoot someone in time square and not lose a single vote.. The difference now in 2022, is he could shoot dozens of people execution style in time square. The republican's, his supporters, would churn out what they believe is an acceptable defense for such executions, and in the end, blame the executions by the hand of Trump on the democrats. And Every single one of the deplorables would believe ever word and cheer him on. Again, in their eyes, he can do no wrong, still wanting him to fuck this country up even more.

edit: spelling

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The people bitching don't actually care, if they released it in full 10 minutes later the same people would be bitching about something else. It's not good faith.

Aw.... Those are the operative words I've been looking for.
That is why no right wing media will admit to what the eye sees.
That is why they refuse the truth and the facts.
That is why you should never pay any attention to right wing media when it concerns Donald Trump because you are just wasting your time.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
One of his former defenders but turned on him after Jan 6, why should we believe these former officials? They weren’t there for that final month.

*face palm* > _ <

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The fact that you have to say that out loud is bad enough. I may not like Bush as POTUS, but the thought of Bush selling the US out doesn't even cross my mind but I can't say the same for Trump.

pcgeek is under the impression that MBS and the Sauds are such nice young fellows as to gift $2 billon straight to the Kushner family--THE KUSHNER Family; not the US--without any publicly known-recompense, instantly and apparently without conditions. lol. Yes, the very patient and very generous House of Saud, just gave Kushner 2 billion and just happily waiting for it to be "worth something!" eventually.

Ah, to share in the childlike innocence and paste-eating sensibilities of a fucking idiot such as pcgeek. How easy life must be, when everything that is obvious will never be obvious, if it is something that hurts just a bit.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Someone slept through the Helsinki Summit.

yeah, and there's that, too. How convenient that the GOP and Trumpkin followers conveniently forget that very public day-long taint-licking that Trump gave to Putin on the international stage.

You all fucking know it.

I even recall half of you shitstains admitting to a bit of "disgust" over the affair. But here we are 4 years later--you've all got your heads again lodged straight up and past that golden prostate, and apparently in great comfort.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
yeah, and there's that, too. How convenient that the GOP and Trumpkin followers conveniently forget that very public day-long taint-licking that Trump gave to Putin on the international stage.

You all fucking know it.

I even recall half of you shitstains admitting to a bit of "disgust" over the affair. But here we are 4 years later--you've all got your heads again lodged straight up and past that golden prostate, and apparently in great comfort.

I have never seen anyone kowtow to Putin as much as Trump did then. Not even the leaders of countries that depend on Russia.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

wait, so you mean it wasn't a nonsense, desperate claim that Trump pulled out of his ass in about five minutes, the moment after seeing what was collected from his tacky palace? You mean Trump didn't make something up, that people as brilliant as pcgeek and greenman and brandondipshit didn't immediately latch onto as also somehow being "logical" and worth arguing about as if it was obviously a valid argument?

you mean these guys keep ignoring the issue (classification is completely irrelevant). and still continue to give a pathological narcissist criminal rapist liar the benefit of the doubt, every fucking time he opens his mouth?

you mean these fucking idiots have no self-respect and simply don't give a fuck that they coast through life as fucking clowns?

Oh, here will be the greenman response: "that's just 18 people saying it was a lie. I need to wait until the investigation into what they said and the proof that it was never said, absolutely! These 18 lawyers and assistants words need to be evaluated thoroughly, while the one thing Trump said should be taken at face value and to be nice, we should assume what Trump said is true until he gives us a reason not to assume so...." exactly how that guy is thinkin.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
That makes sense to me.

That being said, I'm curious of your thoughts on the statutes cited by the warrant since they do not require anything be classified. Obviously he could still be charged with crimes not listed on the warrant, but I find omission of 18 USC 1924 interesting here, perhaps the DOJ anticipating an attempted defense and seeking to make it irrelevant from the beginning.

Fskimonspy gave the correct answer. These statutes are rarely enforced if classified information is not involved. And I think that is especially true if the offender is a former POTUS. If we're talking about documents which would not be any kind of security breach, politically, a prosecution would be viewed as petty.

But there are 11 "sets" of classified documents here, and I don't think much of Trump's declassification defense. And as to his intent, it's a slam dunk so far as I'm concerned. He was contacted first by NARA then FBI (subpoena) and both times he handed over some documents but not all. He was undboutedly warned by both agencies that retention of these records was illegal. You don't purposefully withhold certain documents when requested by government agencies with cited legal justification for the requests unless you meant to misappropriate such documents to begin with.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
LOL reading what Trumpers left on Rob Reiner's Tweet about Trump will be going to prison soon. I just spent 20 minutes reading thru hate-filled comments from them, and I don't know if I was even halfway thru the replies. What a lovely bunch of people. And I thought Archie didn't like him, poor Meathead. The irony in a ton of them saying "Dems couldn't make anything stick for 4 years because they have nothing, so it's time to give up on the witch hunt. Trump 2024!" yet the same people will say "Hillary needs to be in prison!" Pretty sure Trump was going at her for just as long with no results.​

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Fskimonspy gave the correct answer. These statutes are rarely enforced if classified information is not involved. And I think that is especially true if the offender is a former POTUS. If we're talking about documents which would not be any kind of security breach, politically, a prosecution would be viewed as petty.

so, a blowjob is worse, politically.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Oh man, this must surely trickle his prostate in an uncomfortable fashion

I would think Ivanka or Melania over Jared, but it doesn't really matter who it is from a practical standpoint

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
pcgeek is under the impression that MBS and the Sauds are such nice young fellows as to gift $2 billon straight to the Kushner family--THE KUSHNER Family; not the US--without any publicly known-recompense, instantly and apparently without conditions. lol. Yes, the very patient and very generous House of Saud, just gave Kushner 2 billion and just happily waiting for it to be "worth something!" eventually.

Ah, to share in the childlike innocence and paste-eating sensibilities of a fucking idiot such as pcgeek. How easy life must be, when everything that is obvious will never be obvious, if it is something that hurts just a bit.
I mean, it only makes sense, that's like twelve dollars to you and me, why would that be so suspicious? You wouldn't give someone twelve dollars in hopes you'd reap benefits eventually?

/s

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
By the way, the stupid hearing didn't go well at least in my book. Judge wants to release the Probable Cause warrant if the FBI and him can agree on redactions.
This is a very dumb move and I predicted it would be. Trump is already complaining. I hope the FBI says F off judge, we will take this on appeal, all the way to the SCOTUS if they can't agree on redactions.
This idea that an ex president is something special is why we are where we are.

Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it actually ...

Judge was willing to go paragraph by paragraph. So I wouldn’t be worried about any vital info remains sealed.

Yeah, what I expect to come out of this will be a "win" overall in that part of what will remain will be the list of other good faith steps that the DoJ went through before going ahead with the warrant. That'll be bad for TFG as it eliminates one of his already tenuous narratives.

The reasons that Team Treason wants the affidavit released will almost certainly be redacted, leaving only boilerplate or info is unhelpful to them.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Public figures should not be exempted from public opinion, especially when it comes to deciding whether they should be elected to office, simply based on whether or not a court has found them guilty of a crime.
It is up to you, Greenman, not to rush to judgment of either side or lose faith justice can prevail. It is a conservative trait to have low tolerance for uncertainty and to want everything to be simple and cut and dried. Others will condemn Trump without trial. other will proclaim his innocence, even if convicted. Only you can contain whatever forest fire Trump and is record generate in you. But I don't think it is just conservatives that over-react to uncertainty. People with moral concerns, who believe in right and wrong and furthermore think they know what the good is, will feel rage toward any evil they perceive, a rage hard to bear and one we will gladly dump on others as fast as we can. consider the value of patience in the face of what we yet don't know. Have faith. Even monkeys know when they a game they play has uneven rewards. An urge to justice is genetic. It can't be fully suppressed and over the centuries we can see real progress. Life is good.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
What secret documents were taken and what did they pertain to?
Were they or were they not declassified?
What was specified in the warrant?
Why were Trumps passports taken?
Why wasn't Trump arrested when the classified documents were found?

I've read "experts" claim opposing points of view on all of those questions. Which experts do I trust?
Clearly anyone that claims Trump is a criminal will be the correct expert here, but you fellows have been talking about Trumps obvious guilt in several crimes and acts of treason for years, but Trump still hasn't been charged with a crime or sat before a jury.

I want a trial, I want everything laid out for the whole world to see. I want the charges listed and the evidence presented. I want to know who what when where and why. If Trump is guilty, I want his fat ass in jail, if he's not I don't want to hear any more about it.
Mostly you are displaying your ignorance here. Most of those questions have been answered or the reasons they are not answered in the manner you want are clear if you've followed widely available news.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
but you fellows have been talking about Trumps obvious guilt in several crimes and acts of treason for years, but Trump still hasn't been charged with a crime or sat before a jury.
I want a trial, I want everything laid out for the whole world to see. I want the charges listed and the evidence presented. I want to know who what when where and why. If Trump is guilty, I want his fat ass in jail, if he's not I don't want to hear any more about it.

Trump's like a cat, he has 9 lives. But instead of them being lives they're the ability to weasel his way out of situations. Also, he would have been impeached out of office if the GOP has any balls and the conscience to do what's right. But they lack both, still they knew his ass should have been thrown out of office. Also, a man we all know OJ was found innocent of double homicide. You can be found innocent and be clearly guilty as fucking hell. While there are people who believe OJ really didn't do it, Trump supporters are mirror images of those idiots. If he manages to somehow slither his slimy ass out of this predicament and walk away, good for him. But he's still a crook and an innocent verdict here won't change my mind. I'm assuming at minimum he'll actually he brought up on charges, even if he gets away with it. But if he somehow manages to evade even being charged with something and goes back to trying to be our next president. He's still guilty to me charges or not.

If he walks away from this scot-free I'll lose a ton of faith in our government and until I die I won't shut up about his guilt here. Would be hilarious and sad if he's not charged and ends up golfing with OJ.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it actually ...

Yeah, what I expect to come out of this will be a "win" overall in that part of what will remain will be the list of other good faith steps that the DoJ went through before going ahead with the warrant. That'll be bad for TFG as it eliminates one of his already tenuous narratives.

The reasons that Team Treason wants the affidavit released will almost certainly be redacted, leaving only boilerplate or info is unhelpful to them.
You do realize that Trump is pretending to want it released.