News Trump: Mar-a-Lago just raided by FBI

Page 156 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Slightly different situation; as I believe the exact reason is that MBR is a defacto head of state. Yes of course some of it also has to do with dependency on gulf oil (which is another issue - and side track - but it seems that the oil we produce can't be refined by the refinery we created so more drilling isn't going to solve our problem but rather new refinery capable of processing large amounts of the oil we drill would be the only solution as long as we are dependent on oil - end of side track.]

However Trump is an american citizen and if the Saudi were to harbor him i do think there would be hell to pay. Of course only time will tell - for first Trump needs to flee and then Saudi need to harbor him for us to learn the truth if there is indeed hell to pay [whatever 'hell to pay' means].

I think there is a very large difference between a journalist and the person who knows our nuclear secrets.

If Saudi Arabia chose to house Trump as he fled prosecution here we would destroy them.

• Haha
Reactions: Luna1968

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Is it painful to be such a dishonest shill?
I’m sure the people in prison today for the same offense would be happy to hear they were imprisoned over a nothing burger.

It’s not even just the crime, it’s also the potential damage. We know Chinese spies were walking around Mar a Lago unimpeded and Trump just had highly classified documents sitting around. This may have gotten people killed.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Wonder what nothing burger the MAGAtards will complain about when Biden leaves office?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Slightly different situation; as I believe the exact reason is that MBR is a defacto head of state. Yes of course some of it also has to do with dependency on gulf oil (which is another issue - and side track - but it seems that the oil we produce can't be refined by the refinery we created so more drilling isn't going to solve our problem but rather new refinery capable of processing large amounts of the oil we drill would be the only solution as long as we are dependent on oil - end of side track.]

However Trump is an american citizen and if the Saudi were to harbor him i do think there would be hell to pay. Of course only time will tell - for first Trump needs to flee and then Saudi need to harbor him for us to learn the truth if there is indeed hell to pay [whatever 'hell to pay' means].

Seriously, wtf are you talking about?

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Seriously, wtf are you talking about?
There was a long article during the last oil crunch that talked about light and heavy oil and why oil companies won't invest in number of types of refineries. First we have limited refinery capacity and most are designed for light cruise and not the heavier oils found domestically. Furthermore the oil companies recognize (in the macro sense) that oil is on its last leg and refuse to build more and different type of refineries because they feel long term it is a bad investment. I.e, opening more drilling sites won't help diddly domestically.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
There was a long article during the last oil crunch that talked about light and heavy oil and why oil companies won't invest in number of types of refineries. First we have limited refinery capacity and most are designed for light cruise and not the heavier oils found domestically. Furthermore the oil companies recognize (in the macro sense) that oil is on its last leg and refuse to build more and different type of refineries because they feel long term it is a bad investment. I.e, opening more drilling sites won't help diddly domestically.

Actually, I think you'll find a number of refineries in the TX Gulf coast area that are dedicated to sour, heavy sulfur crude oil...the kind Venezuela sends or the tar sands in Canada.

And you do know that Texas has huge amounts of sweet, light crude. Of course you do....no one could go on such a mini-rant without knowing that.

Ever heard of WTI? One of the benchmark crude oils? West Texas Intermediate....a sweet, light oil.

In fact, this chart kinda says it all....

5-chart.jpg

Look at that....lots of US light crude, not a lot of heavy, sour.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Really? They sure wanted that pipeline built to get to that really horrible tar sand oil from Canada.

Reactions: KMFJD

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Canuckistan should build their own fckn refinery.
Lol we don’t want to bear the costs to refine. But am wondering when the Middle East and Russian oil fields are drained dry and if renewables sources aren’t enough, how important Canadian shale will become?

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
You know i suppose this isn't the season for this sort of comment but the reality of the situation is if Trump were to have a fatal heart attack that would solve a lot of problems....

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
You know i suppose this isn't the season for this sort of comment but the reality of the situation is if Trump were to have a fatal heart attack that would solve a lot of problems....
Rather him have a non fatal one so he's a drooling idiot. Okay that's more a stroke, but anything that incapacitates him so he suffers for another decade and being a laughing stock. But thing is, if he's forced to wear adult diaper for the rest of his life, Melania and kids definitely won't be around to help him. He can suffer with Steven Miller and any clowns that still wish to associate with him.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Rather him have a non fatal one so he's a drooling idiot. Okay that's more a stroke, but anything that incapacitates him so he suffers for another decade and being a laughing stock. But thing is, if he's forced to wear adult diaper for the rest of his life, Melania and kids definitely won't be around to help him. He can suffer with Steven Miller and any clowns that still wish to associate with him.
Far better to question him in open court and get stuff out in the open.