Trump lawyers sends Bannon cease and desist

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
He also has a non-disparagement agreement apparently, although I don't know what that says exactly. It might be similar to the one Trump had every volunteer for his campaign sign.

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...ers-sign-away-right-to-criticize-him-for-life

That's right, he made them all promise to never say anything bad about him for the entire rest of their lives in order to give their free labor to him. Amusingly enough, they were left free to shit on Pence all they wanted. Regardless, any lawsuit about this could get very messy very fast. I doubt Trump would want to expose himself to that kind of scrutiny.

This just got better.

Trump's lawyers issued a cease and desist letter to the publishers of Wolff's book.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...author-book-demanding-cease/story?id=52134956

Now Trump is messing with the wrong people.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
He also has a non-disparagement agreement apparently, although I don't know what that says exactly. It might be similar to the one Trump had every volunteer for his campaign sign.

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...ers-sign-away-right-to-criticize-him-for-life

That's right, he made them all promise to never say anything bad about him for the entire rest of their lives in order to give their free labor to him. Amusingly enough, they were left free to shit on Pence all they wanted. Regardless, any lawsuit about this could get very messy very fast. I doubt Trump would want to expose himself to that kind of scrutiny.

Funny you mention Pence...not a single word about him in any of the dumps about this book so far.

Reactions: cytg111

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Does he realize that if this libel suit goes forward, there will be subpoenas and depositions of himself and his family?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Does he realize that if this libel suit goes forward, there will be subpoenas and depositions of himself and his family?

Especially about the book because no NDA applies. It is possible (admittedly unlikely) that publisher file a suit against Trump at some point. As Bill Clinton learned, being a President does not make one immune from all civil action while in office.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The author has standing to file a tortuous interference suit against Trump for sending the cease and desist letter to the publisher. And any rich Democrat can finance such a suit anonymously, as we found out with Thiel and Gawker.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I’m sure he does, which is why this is likely another empty threat.

After all he still has all those women who talked about him sexually assaulting them to sue. I’m sure that’s any minute now.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Funny you mention Pence...not a single word about him in any of the dumps about this book so far.
Boom. And there it is. Whatever Bannon has going on he deems it more successful with Pence than Trump. Bannon really is trying to squeeze Trump out of the WH.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I’m sure he does, which is why this is likely another empty threat.

After all he still has all those women who talked about him sexually assaulting them to sue. I’m sure that’s any minute now.

It's not just an empty threat, it's a clear attempt to interfere in business between an author and his publisher. That gives the author standing to sue for tortuous interference, even if Trump doesn't want to sue him, which can then lead to depositions, subpoenas, etc.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
To match Trump's litigation threats Bannon is supposedly floating the possibility of a defamation suit against Trump.

lol

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm certainly no expert in that field, but it is my understanding you can't have a confidentiality/nondisclosure agreement in government of the sort Trump claims to have with Bannon. I'm sure the publisher's and Bannon's lawyers have already gone over it and come to a conclusion about it's validity.

Trump will probably file this lawsuit the day after he files the lawsuits he promised against the women that made allegations against him last fall. Nothing came of that.

Just one more sign of weak, ineffectual President-constantly threatening actions that he never follows up on. All bluster. I'm sure China and Russia and other international competitors are taking note.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Bluff. Call it. I'd love to see depositions.

As far as the NDA goes ... it might hold some value during the campaign time period. Likely not during the time he was in the WH as POTUS. Steve didn't work for Trump, he worked for the USA. I think it would be tough to hold up otherwise. Please try though, by all means.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Just heard the publishers are moving up the release date.
Yep, this Friday. Barns and Noble at the least will be selling it, just a great big middle finger salute. I like it.

Pre-ordered the Kindle version and I hope Amazon bumps it up. I'll pay to support these people, gladly

Reactions: Aegeon and Younigue

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
To match Trump's litigation threats Bannon is supposedly floating the possibility of a defamation suit against Trump.

lol

apparently last night on some Infowars/brietbart fan news sight interview with Bannon, he reiterated that he's a huge fan of Trump, himself, and is all on board with the Trump presidency.* When asked, he wouldn't deny anything about his comments published in Wolff's book.

lol. So basically: Trump's family: total treasonous cvnts. Trump: a dummy, but I'm totally cool with him.

*this is weird, when I first typed that and posted, "presidency" came out as "fantasy" ...honestly have no idea why my mind did that. rofl.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm certainly no expert in that field, but it is my understanding you can't have a confidentiality/nondisclosure agreement in government of the sort Trump claims to have with Bannon. I'm sure the publisher's and Bannon's lawyers have already gone over it and come to a conclusion about it's validity.

Trump will probably file this lawsuit the day after he files the lawsuits he promised against the women that made allegations against him last fall. Nothing came of that.

Just one more sign of weak, ineffectual President-constantly threatening actions that he never follows up on. All bluster. I'm sure China and Russia and other international competitors are taking note.

I've heard this as well, and it was reported in the earliest post-inauguration days, when Trump's juvenile "loyalty pledges" and contracts were making their rounds. For the administration, all of this information is considered of public necessity. So, little Trumpledickless can't keep his reindeer games behind his private, solitary, locked bedroom door anymore.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I've heard this as well, and it was reported in the earliest post-inauguration days, when Trump's juvenile "loyalty pledges" and contracts were making their rounds. For the administration, all of this information is considered of public necessity. So, little Trumpledickless can't keep his reindeer games behind his private, solitary, locked bedroom door anymore.

But he is the president! All these illegal leaks about him that make him look bad should be bigly persecuted. Jarad is going to get on that next. Has he mentioned how great Thailand is? Criticize the royal family they can put you in jail.They know how to respect the person in office there!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I see the cologne of the new year is Impotent Rage, brought to you buy the Trump Collection.

Yup.

Smells like used adult diapers, KFC grease, and just a whiff of treason.

And I thought Sex Panther was funky.

Reactions: Thebobo