Trump lawyers sends Bannon cease and desist

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Trump sues everyone. He tried to sue Bill Mahar when Mahar said his parents were orangutans. Thing is, Trump doesn't really have the money to pay his lawyers when it comes to all of Trump's idiot lawsuits. All Bannon has to do is use some Brietbart money and actually fight back.

These idiots wasting each others' money. hilarious.

Reactions: cytg111

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
He won’t sue because then he could be forced to give testimony tying Trump and family up in court for months.

Reactions: esquared

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
He won’t sue because then he could be forced to give testimony tying Trump and family up in court for months.
Yep. This.

I hope he does sue. It'll be nice reading all of the testimony given during the trial. Lmao.

Can tomorrow possibly top today???

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Thing is, Trump doesn't really have the money to pay his lawyers when it comes to all of Trump's idiot lawsuits.
he doesn't have to, we're paying for it one way or another

save some money, don't hide behind lawyers - they should have their bitch fight on twitter where we can all watch

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The morally corrupt devourering eachother.. I love it.
I just cant find Bannons angle, he is at least 3 steps ahead of Trump, I cant find his endgame... Is it vanity? He wants to down in history books a certain way? What?

Reactions: esquared

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I just cant find Bannons angle, he is at least 3 steps ahead of Trump, I cant find his endgame... Is it vanity? He wants to down in history books a certain way? What?
Michael Caine's speech from The Dark Knight comes to mind

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Isn't Bannon's goal to tear all government down? His loyalty is to that, that's his endgame. That's how he wants to be remembered. Or do I have that wrong? Any way, if I don't, shaming Trump, his family... ultimately the party works toward that agenda.

Mar 11, 2004

The thing is, Bannon is a failure. He has to realize that his political power, especially if its hitched to Turmp, coupled with shitshows like Roy Moore, he's going to just start losing as Republicans adjust to fighthing his candidates, or if they don't, then failing against Democrats as people are seeing how shitty they are. He desperately needs to wash himself of Turmp's stink as that will ruin him politically. Hell, I have to imagine that Bannon being associated with the Turmp tax cuts which are going to knife the fuck out of the dolts that bought into Bannon/Breitbart's shit is going to hurt him if he doesn't distance himself from that. And he might be angling for something bigger (i.e., he basically wants to become Roger Stone or Karl Rove). But he's tarnished right now. I think Turmp has lost his usefulness as an idiot for Bannon, so he's hoping to get ahead of things and dictate the narrative about himself and try to salvage his political clout moving forward.

Mostly, I think this is simply practical though. I think its really settling in that Mueller's investigation will have serious ramifications for those involved. And so he's playing for getting special protection by becoming a witness/informant, hoping he'll be able to skirt any serious consequences. And he gets to burn the people he butted heads with so its a win-win for him.

Mar 11, 2004
Trump sues everyone. He tried to sue Bill Mahar when Mahar said his parents were orangutans. Thing is, Trump doesn't really have the money to pay his lawyers when it comes to all of Trump's idiot lawsuits. All Bannon has to do is use some Brietbart money and actually fight back.

These idiots wasting each others' money. hilarious.

First, sorry but fuck Bill Maher. Second, that's a fucking terrible example, as Bannon had an actual non-disclosure agreement with Turmp, so its not even remotely close to the same situation.

I'm not sure if Bannon is trying to call his bluff, distract, or just being opportunist, but I do think you're right that he's basically taking advantage of the fact that Turmp can't really afford to litigate this. Since Turmp fired Bannon, I figure Bannon would argue that he's no longer under NDA, and putting legal effort into this while trying to prepare and handle the Mueller investigation will just hurt him dealing with that. And there's risks to this going to trial as it could possibly lead to Turmp's NDAs getting shredded legally or something that would potentially open the floodgates for all manner of information to come out.

I feel like more than anything though, Bannon is angling to establish something legally to benefit himself, just not sure what. If that means trying to become an informant for Mueller, or get Turmp to legally basically say Bannon didn't know shit to try and keep heat from the Mueller investigation away from him, or something else entirely.

Reactions: tweaker2

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The thing is, Bannon is a failure. He has to realize that his political power, especially if its hitched to Turmp, coupled with shitshows like Roy Moore, he's going to just start losing as Republicans adjust to fighthing his candidates, or if they don't, then failing against Democrats as people are seeing how shitty they are. He desperately needs to wash himself of Turmp's stink as that will ruin him politically. Hell, I have to imagine that Bannon being associated with the Turmp tax cuts which are going to knife the fuck out of the dolts that bought into Bannon/Breitbart's shit is going to hurt him if he doesn't distance himself from that. And he might be angling for something bigger (i.e., he basically wants to become Roger Stone or Karl Rove). But he's tarnished right now. I think Turmp has lost his usefulness as an idiot for Bannon, so he's hoping to get ahead of things and dictate the narrative about himself and try to salvage his political clout moving forward.

Mostly, I think this is simply practical though. I think its really settling in that Mueller's investigation will have serious ramifications for those involved. And so he's playing for getting special protection by becoming a witness/informant, hoping he'll be able to skirt any serious consequences. And he gets to burn the people he butted heads with so its a win-win for him.

All very good points.
I have tried to google when exactly "Fire and Fury" was written, ie. when Bannon made the decision to take this course? I am thinking it must have been about the same day he was "fired" but cant verify it.

Isn't Bannon's goal to tear all government down? His loyalty is to that, that's his endgame. That's how he wants to be remembered. Or do I have that wrong? Any way, if I don't, shaming Trump, his family... ultimately the party works toward that agenda.

It may be that simple? Sort of hope so.

Endgame: "deconstruction of the administrative state".

http://fortune.com/2017/02/25/bannon-trump-cabinet-cpac/

Holy crap!

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Bannon will probably get sued for breach of the NDA. Outcome is questionable but Trump can cost him some money defending himself in court. If Trump granted access to the writer not sure how seriously a judge will take team Trump's arguments.

Really would like Trump to sue the author then EVERYBODY gets deposed and discovery pries all sorts of shit loose. He may have learned from his mistake with D'Antonio though.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
NDAs are only as strong as the payment received. At most Bannon would have to repay whatever contract he signed. Likely the book deal and other fallout from his complete opening up of the shitshow inside the trump administration is worth more than that. If it does go to court, then it puts Trump family in a position of saying something incriminating under oath. No way will they do that.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
NDAs are only as strong as the payment received. At most Bannon would have to repay whatever contract he signed. Likely the book deal and other fallout from his complete opening up of the shitshow inside the trump administration is worth more than that. If it does go to court, then it puts Trump family in a position of saying something incriminating under oath. No way will they do that.

As only a practicing internet lawyer I'm not sure if a breach of contract suit over the NDA would end up with Trump family members deposed.

Suing the author for sure would.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Bannon and Trump deserve each other and it's amusing to see them vying to be the biggest assholes on the planet.

This is from ABC

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party,” the president said in a statement. “Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base — he’s only in it for himself.”

Bannon responded to that statement on Breitbart News' SiriusXM show on Wednesday, telling a listener who called in, "The president of the United States is a great man. You know I support him, day in and day out, whether going through the country giving the Trump miracle speech or on the show or on the website."

Credit to Bannon on screwing the minds of Trumpettes. He must have rolled on the floor laughing after that one.

I preordered Wolff's book and bought more popcorn.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I’m pretty sure Trump could go after him for other damages related to the breach of the NDA. That being said, I sincerely doubt Trump wants Bannon to sit down for a deposition under oath about what he knows or said and I sincerely doubt Trump wants to be deposed either. Trump has way, way too much to hide.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Reportedly Trump's attorney has sent Wolff a letter demanding he stop publication of the book. LOL.

I need to stock up on popcorn and wine.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I’m pretty sure Trump could go after him for other damages related to the breach of the NDA. That being said, I sincerely doubt Trump wants Bannon to sit down for a deposition under oath about what he knows or said and I sincerely doubt Trump wants to be deposed either. Trump has way, way too much to hide.

These statements are untrue according to the WH, so how can Bannon disclose anything under an NDA complaint that never happened? Putting my Evil Bannon Hat on for a minute I might welcome this and demand that Trump prove his allegation, then countersue when he can't/won't all the while maintaining that Trump is a worthy President of the highest intellectual and ethical order. Possible stroke in the making.

Reactions: Zorba

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Bannon has a tell all book coming out, he needs to promote it and a feud with the POTUS gets him a whole bunch of free advertising. Trump probably gets a cut if sales reach a certain number. Omarosa (I think that's her name) also has a dirt filled tell all book coming out, though it appears she isn't pushing it as hard as Bannon. I think she's going to play the racial angle and try for a groundswell. I doubt Trump has a role her campaign.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
These statements are untrue according to the WH, so how can Bannon disclose anything under an NDA complaint that never happened? Putting my Evil Bannon Hat on for a minute I might welcome this and demand that Trump prove his allegation, then countersue when he can't/won't all the while maintaining that Trump is a worthy President of the highest intellectual and ethical order. Possible stroke in the making.

He also has a non-disparagement agreement apparently, although I don't know what that says exactly. It might be similar to the one Trump had every volunteer for his campaign sign.

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...ers-sign-away-right-to-criticize-him-for-life

That's right, he made them all promise to never say anything bad about him for the entire rest of their lives in order to give their free labor to him. Amusingly enough, they were left free to shit on Pence all they wanted. Regardless, any lawsuit about this could get very messy very fast. I doubt Trump would want to expose himself to that kind of scrutiny.