Trump/Kushner set up shell company that spent over half a billion of campaign funds

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Not if it was a PAC, which I believe it is. Now, if he felt declares he is running for president then its no longer legal.

What trump has done is simply expose just how corrupt PAC's are how fucked up our campaign finance system is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this story says that Trump funneled 2020 campaign funds into this shell company, then was paid by the shell company.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this story says that Trump funneled 2020 campaign funds into this shell company, then was paid by the shell company.
Seems legit. Is there something in the statement that surprises you? Because it appears to be expected from these assholes, from what I've seen throughout the orangutan's reign.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
A fool and their money... Not a penny that he has raised post election has gone to help the GA races. This while his fundraising emails have specifically been about those races.
with small print, rarely read by the marks, stated where the funds are actually going.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Not if it was a PAC, which I believe it is. Now, if he does declares he is running for president then its no longer legal.

What trump has done is simply expose just how corrupt PAC's are how fucked up our campaign finance system is.
Trump has exposed many flaws in our government as well.

Reactions: Pohemi

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Seems legit. Is there something in the statement that surprises you? Because it appears to be expected from these assholes, from what I've seen throughout the orangutan's reign.

I wouldn't put any of this past Trump and his cohorts. However, until this story is getting covered by other news outlets, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I wouldn't put any of this past Trump and his cohorts. However, until this story is getting covered by other news outlets, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.
What do you call a reputable source? Higher up in this thread I posted a link to the New York Times story on this from yesterday:

Reactions: Pohemi

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What do you call a reputable source? Higher up in this thread I posted a link to the New York Times story on this from yesterday:

Yes, I saw that, but I'm interested in the key allegation in the BI piece that "Trump family members" were paid by this shell company. The NYT article does not make that allegation. It basically says the shell is non-transparent so we don't know who the money went to. While also quoting a Trump spokesperson denying that any Trump family member received compensation.