Trump just ordered the gassing and shooting of peaceful protestors in Washington DC just so he could have an effing photo op in front of church

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

Except for Birx and maybe a handful of media outlets, the strong social distancing recommendations are simply not there for these protesters.

Nonsense. I don't know what media you are watching, but I watched both CNN and MSNBC and both networks frequently raised the issue of social distancing/maskd/increased risk of virus-frequently with one or two questions per interview of protestors, but both also interviewed health officials specifically on that topic. Gov. Cuomo also dwelled on it at length. The Orange One totally ignored it, of course.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Let's open up the rest of the country if you guys are perfectly happy with mass social gatherings. But I guess that won't happen huh ... social distancing, contact tracing, and staying indoors only applies to the rest of the people. What a joke.

no, it's still important. I definitely cringe every time I see this. ....but what're you gonna do? let the gestapo keep murdering specific segments of our population with no repercussions?

I know cases and hospitilzations have been climbing each day for now 7 days where I am right now in NC (NC still planning to re-open, lol; regardless of anyone's rules--these would be both Memorial Day derpers showing up in the data; and the fact that that they are testing more people than before--but that isn't terribly relevant if you're going to set a standard set of rules to follow based on case rate/week, which is climbing, however you get there)

anyway....yes, it's important. I hate that this has consumed our attention over the very serious pandemic, but this is also very serious. ...the further concern is that this is now a narrative that Trump is eager to control. He can call protesters savages, thugs, looters, nasty people; and he's doing it, and it works with the drooling masses.

Gov of MN and other governors are reporting that the majority of arrests are form non-locals, specific instigators, many of which are violent ultra right wing groups, trying to pose as protesters. so...they're travelling from previously mild-infection areas, getting themselves exposed "for the cause," and those that aren't sitting in jail will be returning to rural land and spreading virus. The spike is going to be huge. ....and it was going to be huge with states reopening anyway, regardless of data showing that there numbers were spiking.

Yeah, this is probably going to make it worse--especially because you've got a lot more movement from low-populatoin areas to these big cities, everyone pretty much behaving in ways that the virus loves.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's all empty words from what I can tell. Yes I have heard some people talking about it but it's empty words. They are not issuing fines and enforcing anything. I guess it won't be easy enforcing anything on those protesters. But thanks for the sharing the clip.

You: The intellectuals, media, elite haven't been saying anything about social distancing now!
abj: presents documentation that they have
You: It's all empty words!

....do you get it, now?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
no, it's still important. I definitely cringe every time I see this. ....but what're you gonna do? let the gestapo keep murdering specific segments of our population with no repercussions?

I know cases and hospitilzations have been climbing each day for now 7 days where I am right now in NC (NC still planning to re-open, lol; regardless of anyone's rules--these would be both Memorial Day derpers showing up in the data; and the fact that that they are testing more people than before--but that isn't terribly relevant if you're going to set a standard set of rules to follow based on case rate/week, which is climbing, however you get there)

anyway....yes, it's important. I hate that this has consumed our attention over the very serious pandemic, but this is also very serious. ...the further concern is that this is now a narrative that Trump is eager to control. He can call protesters savages, thugs, looters, nasty people; and he's doing it, and it works with the drooling masses.

Gov of MN and other governors are reporting that the majority of arrests are form non-locals, specific instigators, many of which are violent ultra right wing groups, trying to pose as protesters. so...they're travelling from previously mild-infection areas, getting themselves exposed "for the cause," and those that aren't sitting in jail will be returning to rural land and spreading virus. The spike is going to be huge. ....and it was going to be huge with states reopening anyway, regardless of data showing that there numbers were spiking.

Yeah, this is probably going to make it worse--especially because you've got a lot more movement from low-populatoin areas to these big cities, everyone pretty much behaving in ways that the virus loves.

Well said and pretty much what I feel.
I’ll simplify it more.
Protesting because you want a haircut = dumb
Protesting because Cops are chocking a guy out = not dumb but risky

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005

The point is that the outrage that was displayed over holidays and mass beach gatherings is not being applied to the nationwide mass protests. Are they going to test all these protesters? Whose going to pay for it? The point is that mass gatherings aren't sparking an "outrage" from the media like they were a few weeks ago. Times change I guess.

Wow, can you for once not keep moving your goalposts around? First, you claim that nobody was talking about social distancing during protests.

They have been.

Then you claim they should be "issuing fines and enforcing anything."

They didn't do it for the Stay-at-Home protests, so why should they do it now?

Now, you suddenly claim that there was outrage about beach gatherings that isn't applied to nationwide protests.

Not only does this miss the point articulated in the letter I posted in my first reply by 100s of public health workers, there has been significant concern about the spread of COVID-19. Multiple state officials have urged testing. I'll let the governors not named Cuomo address their concerns including Maryland, Rhode Island, Nebraska, West Virginia, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey and Colorado. Perhaps Governor Polis put it best:
“One of my greatest fears in watching the events over the last weekend is that so many people gathering in one place together will increase the spread of coronavirus across our nation, here in Colorado."

Perhaps before feigning outrage over something that doesn't exist, maybe you should do what you did a few posts ago and actually google the topic at hand instead of your lazy attempt at concern trolling.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Wow, can you for once not keep moving your goalposts around? First, you claim that nobody was talking about social distancing during protests.

They have been.

Then you claim they should be "issuing fines and enforcing anything."

They didn't do it for the Stay-at-Home protests, so why should they do it now?

Now, you suddenly claim that there was outrage about beach gatherings that isn't applied to nationwide protests.

Not only does this miss the point articulated in the letter I posted in my first reply by 100s of public health workers, there has been significant concern about the spread of COVID-19. Multiple state officials have urged testing. I'll let the governors not named Cuomo address their concerns including Maryland, Rhode Island, Nebraska, West Virginia, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey and Colorado. Perhaps Governor Polis put it best:
“One of my greatest fears in watching the events over the last weekend is that so many people gathering in one place together will increase the spread of coronavirus across our nation, here in Colorado."

Perhaps before feigning outrage over something that doesn't exist, maybe you should do what you did a few posts ago and actually google the topic at hand instead of your lazy attempt at concern trolling.
raildogg`s out look is that of a child! No adult would say the things that he says, in the manner that he say them! Only people who are not mature or shall we say are idiots would even compare crowded beaches to protesting.....you know this account could be a joke bots account...

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So the nationwide protests and riots all began with police brutality that resulted in George Floyd being killed; since then police have attacked peaceful protesters and rioters alike with tear gas, rubber bullets. They've openly attacked members of the press. And what does Trump tweet today?

"Get tough police!"

News reports I've been reading, or at least the ones that are not bylined "FOX News", indicate that acts of violence have tapered off considerably over the past 48 hours, so I'm a bit unclear who the cops are supposed to get tough with. His "Get Tough!" tweet was probably "aspirational". He's wistful that the violence is subsiding. "C'mon guys - crack some heads! how can I be a wartime president without a war?

President Dick Tater seems to be a day late and a dollar short, as usual.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trumps trophy press secretary compares his stroll to the church to Churchill visiting bomb damage during World War II.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...t-to-churchill

Indeed. Churchill often had to use dozens of police to disperse a crowd of peaceful protesters before he went anywhere... Right?

And remember that time Churchill went to a church uninvited for 30 seconds. After having the reverend thrown out and got pictures of himself holding a bible upside down? That totally happened.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Trumps trophy press secretary compares his stroll to the church to Churchill visiting bomb damage during World War II.

Indeed. Churchill often had to use dozens of police to disperse a crowd of peaceful protesters before he went anywhere... Right?

And remember that time Churchill went to a church uninvited for 30 seconds. After having the reverend thrown out and got pictures of himself holding a bible upside down? That totally happened.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
She is as bad as kellyann conway.
If that's possible.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Meh. He had opportunities to actually do stuff while he was the Secretary of Defense and to speak out after he resigned. I guess it's nice he's speaking out now, but frankly, his words don't carry much weight given his prior silence.

I agree with this however it's going to hugely chap you know who's ass.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You've posted 10 replies since I commented on this thread 2 pages ago and none have been helpful in any way. All taking up space and bandwidth. Yeah buddy, you're very efficiently wasting away bandwidth. At least others have posted something meaningful. You're efficient and accurate at being an online bully. Congrats.
Seriously still waiting for you to address the subject of the thread. You didn’t come here for a discussion you came here to get exactly the reaction you are getting.

Plonk.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Mattis just said abpout Trump -- that we are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership!!

Feb 4, 2009

Reminds me of this

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Statement from Father Robert Hendrickson, Rector at Saint Philip’s in the Hills Episcopal Church in Tucson, AZ

This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity.

Pretty much sums it up.