Trump Jr's girlfriend has covid-19

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
She's going to recover, be just fine, and then the narrative will shift to "See, it's not that horrible of a disease!"

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
We'll see in the next couple of weeks if any others close to her come down with it.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
She's going to recover, be just fine, and then the narrative will shift to "See, it's not that horrible of a disease!"

Or else, it's actually a fake news story designed to do exactly that. "My son's girlfriend got the WuFlu and recovered without any problems. Proof that it's not as bad as the evil fake news media wants you to believe. "

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Or else, it's actually a fake news story designed to do exactly that. "My son's girlfriend got the WuFlu and recovered without any problems. Proof that it's not as bad as the evil fake news media wants you to believe. "

Maybe, but doubtful. They drove all the way back from Mt. Rushmore. I don't see Jr. wanting to slum it like that.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
I think you're right, and it's probably a good thing. It would set an awful precedent, even though Trump is an outright criminal and deserves jail. He's going to once again take advantage of the system's structure to evade responsibility. Thinking on it, he may be better off in jail really. He's going to soil himself on Twitter and Fox News constantly after being tossed out I bet. Stirring up and radicalizing his base even more with the anger of a 'rigged' loss to work with.

History will crucify him though, we can count on this. There is a constant trend through history of things moving forward, movements based on oppression, racism and bigotry slowly receding. Movements like Trump's based on racism, fantasy, religious zealotry have consistently been ostrasized and taught as a warning. Trump will be no different. Him and his movement will go down as the worst America has ever seen, at least up until that point. Worst is probably a bit hyperbolic, that would probably be the Confederacy in the civil war. Then again, Trump seems to be pretty fond of the confeddegenerates..

The next Trump could actually be tactical, cognizant and intelligent. That is what I would be scared of. A functional Trump, more like Putin. The radicalized base will still be there, and be fucking angry, after Trump is turfed. A Trump with a brain could have gotten away with a lot more. Trump is a moron scoring own goals near daily.
Did history crucify confederate flag or General Lee or General Bragg? We hope Trump will be remembered as the worst of the worst, but I am not going to bet on it. Yes, half the country will rightly remember him as the greatest fuckup that ever was, but the other half will hang his portrait over their bed.

And yes, you're correct, woe is us if the next Trump is an intelligent human being capable of navigating American politcs without alienating large swaths of populace. Which is why it's more important than ever to hold Trump and his entire administration accountable. Did the world end when 100+ officials in Reagan administration pled guilty or went to jail? No. I would argue there is nothing more appropriate than holding corrupt politicians accountable, even if it's the POTUS. Especially if it's POTUS.

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
Does anyone know where she stands?
Have the hydroxy and the clorox worked their magic?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I don’t wish them ill health or death but I also am not sad to hear she contracted it.

These are genuinely bad people who pushed dangerous anti-science on the country that probably got people killed. If their own bad advice comes back to bite them well, they reap what they sow.
NO! They need to get sick enough to get their fucking attention. Let some of them spend a couple of weeks in the ICU, and take months to fully recover. Remember it is just the "sniffles"

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I thought she was asymptomatic...i.e. just a carrier/spreader?

Either that or mild symptoms. She'll need to isolate, of course, but she may not need to rush to get treatment unless her condition worsens.

Feb 4, 2009
I’m torn because Jr is sort of like Dad, lacking in all emotions except feels that involve Him or Dad.
I don’t think Jr is capable of sympathy.
It is possible Jr doesn’t say anything because he is incapable of saying “She is sick” or saying “thankfully she has recovered”
However the President hasn’t said anything or talked about good genes and such so maybe she is still sick.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I’m torn because Jr is sort of like Dad, lacking in all emotions except feels that involve Him or Dad.
I don’t think Jr is capable of sympathy.
It is possible Jr doesn’t say anything because he is incapable of saying “She is sick” or saying “thankfully she has recovered”
However the President hasn’t said anything or talked about good genes and such so maybe she is still sick.

One would hope Jr's girlfriend doesn't have Trump genes...

Feb 4, 2009
One would hope Jr's girlfriend doesn't have Trump genes...

She’s got white people genes....

But seriously the President associates success with good genes. She is successful so she has good genes. President likely think Beyoncé has good genes too but he will never say that.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
She’s got white people genes....

But seriously the President associates success with good genes. She is successful so she has good genes. President likely think Beyoncé has good genes too but he will never say that.
Lol no. He is the only one with good genes.

Feb 4, 2009
Lol no. He is the only one with good genes.

Superior genes, certainly Ivanka has superior genes, Jr has superior genes, retard has good genes, Tiffany has good enough genes.
I’m totally serious about the President judging good genes by how successful someone is.

Nereus77

Dec 30, 2016
Superior genes, certainly Ivanka has superior genes, Jr has superior genes, retard has good genes, Tiffany has good enough genes.
I’m totally serious about the President judging good genes by how successful someone is.

Like an orange, dumbass Hitler?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
He looks like he's holding in a massive dump, or just starting to let it go.

Naw man, people have been say'in he likes prairie-dogg'in it 'cuz the perv side of him gives him some kind of weird sadist satisfaction out of doing that. I mean, jus' look at his face when he's standing around watching the world go by. It's like you can't figure out whether he's in pain or in ecstasy at any given moment.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The disconcerting thing is that he might not. Remember, he also disparaged his brother Fred Jr. (as an airline pilot he was just a "bus driver") and just tried to block the publication of a book from his niece Mary Trump (admittedly an inflammatory one, but still). The golden rule with Trump is that he will throw absolutely anyone under the bus if he sees them as a liability, and that includes family.
Drumpie threw Dr. Birx under the bus today in a tweet calling her "pathetic." He really knows how to make enemies. Or shall we say, he knows how to make people wary of him. This is a strange man.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Drumpie threw Dr. Birx under the bus today in a tweet calling her "pathetic." He really knows how to make enemies. Or shall we say, he knows how to make people wary of him. This is a strange man.

Simply put, he's a pathological narcissist. If he'd been born maybe 30 to 40 years later, he'd have been diagnosed at a younger age and recommended for treatment.

On this note: he also withdrew his nomination for FCC Commissioner O'Rielly to serve another term... why? Because he dared question the FCC's authority to limit the Communications Decency Act's Section 230... and really, Trump's desire to punish internet companies for pulling conservative misinformation. And O'Rielly is a Republican!