Trump is Time magazine's Man of the Year

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I saw the thread this morning, and read through all the posts.

Most of the folks here are reasonably literate and some are even "bright." NOBODY GETS IT! Look at the SUB-TITLE on the TIME page, or as it was noted on TV news. It SAY-UZZZ:

"PRESIDENT OF THE DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA"

Mission-Accomplished, TIME staff!

My own idea was to make it a "tie" for Person of the Year: Trump and Roof

What disgusted me most occurred yesterday.

First, the outgoing Prez gave one of his best presentations ever to the military at CENTCOM. It was punctuated by cheers and clapping, followed by a throng of fatigues crowding around Obama for hand-shakes and selfies.

Next, a Red Congressman from the generally-Blue state of New York appeared to comment.

Disparagement.

Criticism.

Dismissal.

Denial.

So we're back to that sub-title again, with very good reason for non-Trumpers to turn against a very weak tide.

To understand Trump, you wouldn't need to know of any of the last year's history and the campaign. You could simply review Apprentice and the Birther frenzy.

On the outside, he's full of himself, he boasts of himself, he hints at his perfection in a loud, uncivil voice and tone.

There's a little squeaky voice as a "sub-frequency" to the loud one.

It says "People must LOVE me! [Why don't they LOVE me?!] I'll MAKE them LOVE me!! I INSIST that people LOVE me! I DEMAND that they LOVE me! [Why don't they LOVE me?]"

Historical analogs are often inaccurate. There are parallels between Trump's psych profile and personality with the those most named and dismissed by his supporters as "Leftie-smears."

For me, Trump is the most disgusting example of a human being I've ever witnessed in my nearly 70 years on the planet. Maybe if I lived in the early central-European 30s and my German was better than it is, I might be equally disgusted. But I've been disgusted since Apprentice, and my disgust grows as we head toward 21 January.

Do you want to get under his skin? Just write paper letters and e-mails to barrage the White House after January, with a short simple message: "Nobody loves you. Everybody hates you." Pile them high!

PS-update: Righties could try and provide an antidote to a letter-writing campaign. But sociopaths never come off as genuine in their feelings. Look at 'em as they tout their new "Leader." I cannot imagine how anyone can be so blindly dishonest.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iRONic and tweaker2

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I saw the thread this morning, and read through all the posts.

Most of the folks here are reasonably literate and some are even "bright." NOBODY GETS IT! Look at the SUB-TITLE on the TIME page, or as it was noted on TV news. It SAY-UZZZ:

"PRESIDENT OF THE DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA"

Mission-Accomplished, TIME staff!

My own idea was to make it a "tie" for Person of the Year: Trump and Roof

What disgusted me most occurred yesterday.

First, the outgoing Prez gave one of his best presentations ever to the military at CENTCOM. It was punctuated by cheers and clapping, followed by a throng of fatigues crowding around Obama for hand-shakes and selfies.

Next, a Red Congressman from the generally-Blue state of New York appeared to comment.

Disparagement.

Criticism.

Dismissal.

Denial.

So we're back to that sub-title again, with very good reason for non-Trumpers to turn against a very weak tide.

To understand Trump, you wouldn't need to know of any of the last year's history and the campaign. You could simply review Apprentice and the Birther frenzy.

On the outside, he's full of himself, he boasts of himself, he hints at his perfection in a loud, uncivil voice and tone.

There's a little squeaky voice as a "sub-frequency" to the loud one.

It says "People must LOVE me! [Why don't they LOVE me?!] I'll MAKE them LOVE me!! I INSIST that people LOVE me! I DEMAND that they LOVE me! [Why don't they LOVE me?]"

Historical analogs are often inaccurate. There are parallels between Trump's psych profile and personality with the those most named and dismissed by his supporters as "Leftie-smears."

For me, Trump is the most disgusting example of a human being I've ever witnessed in my nearly 70 years on the planet. Maybe if I lived in the early central-European 30s and my German was better than it is, I might be equally disgusted. But I've been disgusted since Apprentice, and my disgust grows as we head toward 21 January.

Do you want to get under his skin? Just write paper letters and e-mails to barrage the White House after January, with a short simple message: "Nobody loves you. Everybody hates you." Pile them high!

PS-update: Righties could try and provide an antidote to a letter-writing campaign. But sociopaths never come off as genuine in their feelings. Look at 'em as they tout their new "Leader." I cannot imagine how anyone can be so blindly dishonest.

Like him or not, they own his ass and every single thing he screws up and ruins from now 'til doomsday.

The left won't even have to make up horror stories and nightmarish visions of a foreign born Muslim commie out to destroy the nation from the inside out like the GOP did to Obama. All the left has to do is tell the object facts of the matter about Trump and point to the trail of plutocratic/oligarchic edicts he is flowering his path to personal glory and fame with.

As horrific as the GOP slandered Obama's character and tenure, Trump's character and real accomplishments won't need any slandering from the left at all. Trump's been slandering himself just from being himself, so long as he gets the attention he thinks he deserves.

Sad part of all of this is? Just as the folks who voted for him ignored all the blatant damaging warning signs that Trump was freely and openly displaying during his campaign, they'll ignore every decision Trump makes that sends them further down the economic ladder and eventually, into poverty.

In so many ways, voting for Trump is like marrying an abusive selfish lying husband whose only intent is to get off on subjugating and belittling his bride(s) into submission, while the bride(s) willingly submit to the abuse in fear of the shame they face in making the wrong decision, all while desperately hoping they can shape him into what they wanted to see in him in the first place.

Denial is the tool of choice, regrets in silence and futile defiance the price to pay for it.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Like I've said many times, if there was a lesson to be learned from Frisch's 1953 dramatic play "The Arsonists," it is "don't wait too long in silence and futile defiance."

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
He deserves it, Although I wouldn't have been upset if Putin or Farage won it. These 3 are Titans who may not be perfect but are leading the free world.

Putin is helping lead the free world? Do you even know what that means.

Feb 16, 2005
I'm sure the irony of you calling her superficial twatwaffle while judging her without knowing much of anything about her completely escapes you :D
you misinterpreted this, I meant the poster was the twatwaffle, but thanks for playing

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Putin is helping lead the free world? Do you even know what that means.

The right is our version of the russian authoritarian regime. where is moonbeam to talk about the conservative brain defect. Its not just america.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I think they really captured him well for the cover

dMh2Ad1.jpg

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Just a matter of time until the public can break and shatter that fragile ego into a million pieces.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
"A politician is an ass upon which everyone has sat except a man." -- E.E. Cummings

Griffinhart

Golden Member
Dec 7, 2004
So, what's the controversy here? Time has made every newly elected president person of the year for the past 80 years.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Like him or not, they own his ass and every single thing he screws up and ruins from now 'til doomsday.

The left won't even have to make up horror stories and nightmarish visions of a foreign born Muslim commie out to destroy the nation from the inside out like the GOP did to Obama. All the left has to do is tell the object facts of the matter about Trump and point to the trail of plutocratic/oligarchic edicts he is flowering his path to personal glory and fame with.

As horrific as the GOP slandered Obama's character and tenure, Trump's character and real accomplishments won't need any slandering from the left at all. Trump's been slandering himself just from being himself, so long as he gets the attention he thinks he deserves.

Sad part of all of this is? Just as the folks who voted for him ignored all the blatant damaging warning signs that Trump was freely and openly displaying during his campaign, they'll ignore every decision Trump makes that sends them further down the economic ladder and eventually, into poverty.

In so many ways, voting for Trump is like marrying an abusive selfish lying husband whose only intent is to get off on subjugating and belittling his bride(s) into submission, while the bride(s) willingly submit to the abuse in fear of the shame they face in making the wrong decision, all while desperately hoping they can shape him into what they wanted to see in him in the first place.

Denial is the tool of choice, regrets in silence and futile defiance the price to pay for it.

Just acknowledging your hopeful points here. He is so-o-o-o self-destructive. That's why he needs "handlers."

Anyone who discovers their own extreme narcissism will eventually face every single moment in their lives when they were their own worst enemy. They may have proceeded through their lives blaming anyone else or someone else for this or that setback. With Humpty-Trumpty, any risk will follow from his failure to discover. Not only will he be his own worst enemy, but he will pull us all down.

Reactions: tweaker2

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Just acknowledging your hopeful points here. He is so-o-o-o self-destructive. That's why he needs "handlers."

Anyone who discovers their own extreme narcissism will eventually face every single moment in their lives when they were their own worst enemy. They may have proceeded through their lives blaming anyone else or someone else for this or that setback. With Humpty-Trumpty, any risk will follow from his failure to discover. Not only will he be his own worst enemy, but he will pull us all down.

In true capitalist fashion, he wants to use us as stepping stones in order for him and his ilk to be on top. Pulling us down is simply an acceptable consequence of their goals. For some "odd" reason, Trump and his ilk have seen fit to place themselves above the gov't, its laws and the people it represents by attempting to disassemble it and then restock it with people exactly like Trump, thus enabling them to bypass the will of the people, just like Bush and Cheney did. I swear the exact same game plan that these two crooks used to fatten their portfolios and those of their big business friends is now being replayed by Trump and the people he is filling his cabinet with.

Trump is their dream come true. And Trump, in true corporatist fashion, will behave as the corporatist he always was, is and will be. He's scammed his way to the top of the heap and from there he will run this new "Corporate States of America" he now owns (along with that like minded big money controlled rubber stamping legislature he inherited) like the businessman he is. His business instincts will compel him to assign as his highest priority a self-interested urge to extract as much profit out of the system for himself and his billionaire buddies and he is in the perfect position to do it.

As evidence of this, he refuses to separate himself from the businesses he runs even though it represents a complete and alarming lack of ethics and upholding of traditions of the office he will inherit. He has shown that he is willing to take an unprecedented chance at having an conflict of interest suit filed against him because he cannot resist the temptation to exploit the biggest profit making opportunity he's had in his lifetime.

Therein exposes his highest priority: Profit for himself and his ilk over the welfare and security of the nation he will lead for the next four years.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, that does it. I'll never pick up another Time Magazine.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I MUST update this thread! I MUST!

It has just been called to my attention, and I myself hadn't noticed it.

If you can find the TIME cover featuring Trump, look carefully at Trump with the letter "M" behind him.

Give the photographer and award! He's captured the Devil's spawn with his portrait!!