Trump Is Refusing to Pay Contractors For Work During the Shutdown

Nov 8, 2012
There is very little facts or information here - because this is Vanity Fair afterall - not in anyway a reputable source. But we can't expect much else from complete retards like OP.

First: Typically, government contractors are paid on a "mass" basis. For example, my wife is employed by a federal government contractor. They were paid through mid-February, and thus paying the employees was of no issue unless they went past that date (which they didn't). I'm sure other contractors are similar to this. I'm also sure it varies on a case-by-case basis.

Second: Backpay is not the same thing as "refusing to pay contractors for work during the shutdown". If t he person (contractor) legitimately worked hours during the shutdown, then they should be compensated for such. No question. In this article that doesn't seem to be the case because they are using the term "backpay" - which is entirely different from actually doing work hours.

Quit with your shit media sources and stick to facts kthx.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There is very little facts or information here - because this is Vanity Fair afterall - not in anyway a reputable source. But we can't expect much else from complete retards like OP.

First: Typically, government contractors are paid on a "mass" basis. For example, my wife is employed by a federal government contractor. They were paid through mid-February, and thus paying the employees was of no issue unless they went past that date (which they didn't). I'm sure other contractors are similar to this. I'm also sure it varies on a case-by-case basis.

Second: Backpay is not the same thing as "refusing to pay contractors for work during the shutdown". If t he person (contractor) legitimately worked hours during the shutdown, then they should be compensated for such. No question. In this article that doesn't seem to be the case because they are using the term "backpay" - which is entirely different from actually doing work hours.

Hey stupid, I'm one of those federal contractors. Assuming you are not a lying Trumptard, we are in the same situation. We are funded through a large part of this year. The reason I would have been in trouble mid-February is the people who cut the checks to the contact companies were furloughed. Any payments to people like me were fronted by our company until they are paid which they were not going to do forever.

However a large contingent of contract workers were just furloughed and were not getting paid. Furloughed govt employees are getting back pay so why not contractors?

Democrats are trying to correct this as part of the final bill.

Better tell your wife to get her story straight.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

Really you could have taken less time to google it for other sources than write that/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...-back-pay-gov-t-funding-deal-lawmaker-n971226

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/...r-back-pay-in-funding-deal-hits-gop-roadblock