Trump is going to jail for a long, long time...

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes, he's hired his own personal lawyer (unheard of before now) and was head of the transition team. He should've known about anything not "right" about Flynn, etc.

Pence is a guy that is known to have been in the room when the Obama transition team schooled the Trump people about the issues with Flynn, and then subsequently was somehow "lied to" by Flynn about Flynn's dealings with Russia.

You really can't make this shit up, but this is our reality.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Pence is a guy that is known to have been in the room when the Obama transition team schooled the Trump people about the issues with Flynn, and then subsequently was somehow "lied to" by Flynn about Flynn's dealings with Russia.

You really can't make this shit up, but this is our reality.
I knew Pence was bad the minute he accepted to be trump's VP.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Forgot, Pence had a fundraiser for his own PAC he just started. VPs don't usually have their own PACs, wonder what's up with that?

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
You guys need to take a look around you and realize that Trump isn't going anywhere unless he wants to...

I don't think his ego will allow it, so I think we'll have to wait for a few thousand people to die from loss of healthcare and maybe in 2018 we can get the house back. Until then we can all pray that Trump spends every last minute golfing or tweeting, because we sure AF don't want him in the whitehouse drafting more idiotic bans or defunding more national parks.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The ban is stupid. They claimed they needed a 120 day temp ban so they could implement their "extreme" vetting, it's been more than 120 days so isn't the extreme vetting in place and if not, why?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
The ban is stupid. They claimed they needed a 120 day temp ban so they could implement their "extreme" vetting, it's been more than 120 days so isn't the extreme vetting in place and if not, why?

i thought it was only supposed to be a 90 day ban.

either way, a complete FAIL at that attempt to erode our democracy.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
To get back to the original OP, Trump would be stupid to testify under oath. But he just might do it because he thinks he's always the smartest guy in the room. He is so full of himself, he will undoubtedly say something that will be a lie. He cannot control himself, he's proven this over and over. Even today with his tweet about Pelosi, always taking shots. He need to just shut up, stop tweeting, stop trolling (FBI "tapes"), and things would be much better for him and everyone else. I think everyone would be much happier if he just did that. Its not hard, but he won't.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
To get back to the original OP, Trump would be stupid to testify under oath. But he just might do it because he thinks he's always the smartest guy in the room. He is so full of himself, he will undoubtedly say something that will be a lie. He cannot control himself, he's proven this over and over. Even today with his tweet about Pelosi, always taking shots. He need to just shut up, stop tweeting, stop trolling (FBI "tapes"), and things would be much better for him and everyone else. I think everyone would be much happier if he just did that. Its not hard, but he won't.

You mean... He's unfit to be President, right? I remember some woman on TV telling us that. Too bad 63M Americans didn't listen.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Vote for stupid people. Win stupid prizes, comrade....

Reactions: ch33zw1z

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

does Trump even have an option not to testify under oath if Mueller so desires?

the rest of your post is legit, congrats.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

pretty much, but yeah: too bad enough Americans didn't realize that along with the much larger majority of Americans that understood that fact a very long time ago.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

well, they can't start the vetting until the ban is in place, duh!

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Vote for stupid people. Win stupid prizes, comrade....

I didn't vote for him, and I am not his comrade. Your attempt to claim I am, is typical though. If someone doesn't love Hillary, or bow down to Dems, he must love Russia and Trump. That is far from the truth, stop being so ignorant. My *only* compliment that I can remember giving Trump a long time ago, was that he speaks his mind. Most people do not, they say what they think people want to say. Especially politicians. The downside is, what is on his mind often times shouldn't be said.

does Trump even have an option not to testify under oath if Mueller so desires?

the rest of your post is legit, congrats.

I have no idea if he can to be honest. Even if not while during Presidency, after. He can't control his tongue, his ego is too big. If he would just stop tweeting and making dumb speeches, I think it would be much better for the country as a whole. The fact is, he is our President for the time being, and all these distractions and problems he brings on himself, hinder him from what he wants to do and operate. Those things are debatable as to of they are good or bad, but he's hurting himself more than the people he tries to take jabs at constantly. I know people are telling him this, but he's been the "big dog" for most of his life, large and in charge, not going to change now.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
We all have our fifth amendment rights.

he would still technically have to testify though right? sure, he can just plead the fifth over and over, Oliver North style, but i can't see that working out well for him in the end.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
If he would just stop tweeting and making dumb speeches, I think it would be much better for the country as a whole..

even if he did that, he would still continue to ignore/deny the current single greatest threat to our democracy, Putin. there is nothing better for the country about that, only the impeachment or resignation of Trump will be in the best interest of the country.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
even if he did that, he would still continue to ignore/deny the current single greatest threat to our democracy, Putin. there is nothing better for the country about that, only the impeachment or resignation of Trump will be in the best interest of the country.

I didn't say it would be perfect, it would surely be much better. Look at the last 40(?) days after the "tapes" tweet. How much time and talking was spent on that? Far too much. Has to be hundreds of hours at least from news agencies. Because of a dumb ass tweet. But he trolled and stirred up a hornets nest. So as I said, if he just did that simple thing of stopping, it would be better. No, not perfect. But a lot better. For everyone. Sadly, some people love it, and the love he gets for doing it from them, and how it twists up some people on the left is all the fuel he needs once you attach his ego and need to have the last word.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I didn't say it would be perfect, it would surely be much better. Look at the last 40(?) days after the "tapes" tweet. How much time and talking was spent on that? Far too much. Has to be hundreds of hours at least from news agencies. Because of a dumb ass tweet. But he trolled and stirred up a hornets nest. So as I said, if he just did that simple thing of stopping, it would be better. No, not perfect. But a lot better. For everyone. Sadly, some people love it, and the love he gets for doing it from them, and how it twists up some people on the left is all the fuel he needs once you attach his ego and need to have the last word.
I hate his tweets. But no, it wouldn't be a lot better. Aside from his tweets he's still a raging, heinous, p.o.s.. Nothing he thinks or touches or is involved with in in any way will be for the good of the people. That's the biggest problem with him.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

We are faced with the inevitable truth that he's simply unfit to lead this great nation. How America managed to overlook that completely obvious fact represents an astounding propaganda victory for perpetrators both domestic & foreign.

Reactions: Azuma Hazuki