Trump is dominating as POTUS.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
China investing half a billion in your new business development? Yep. Trump is dominating even Bush/Cheney.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Damn, I can believe nobody's posted a photoshoped picture of the Don in some leather with a cat of nine.

Nov 30, 2006
They are trending upwards. I don’t think Trump isn’t too far off where Obama was at this time during his Presidency
*no facts handy, I could be wrong on the second part*
Trump is about 1 pt. (Rasmussen) to 5 pts. (Gallup) below Obama's approval rating at this point in their respective terms depending on the poll. I find this absolutely amazing in light of the incessant barrage of unhinged media bias directed at this administration. For example, check out the front page of today's edition of the Daily News. Trump being within 1-5 pts. of Obama is mind boggling considering these kind of horseshit smears have become effectively normative in MSM.

DdNP-0cV0AAJTaF.jpg

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump is about 1 pt. (Rasmussen) to 5 pts. (Gallop) below Obama's approval rating at this point in their respective terms depending on the poll. I find this absolutely amazing in light of the incessant barrage of unhinged media bias. For example, check out the front page of today's edition of the Daily News. Trump being within 1-5 pts. of Obama is mind boggling considering these kind of horseshit smears have effectively become normative in MSM.

It's simply amazing to me that even after your claims of media bias are disproven over and over again you continue to make them as if it never happened. It's also pretty hilarious that you think sensationalist tabloid covers are somehow the sign of liberal mainstream media bias. Do you want me to go dig up some NY Post covers about Obama and the Clintons to show conservative media bias?

Also, what about that headline is inaccurate? It was deeply disturbing to see all the smiling and gladhanding at some stupid embassy opening while dozens of protesters were killed and thousands injured only a few miles away.

EDIT: Also your poll numbers are wrong. If you look at the polling average (which any objective person would) Trump is about 7 points below Obama at this point. While I agree it's amazing that Trump is even within 20 points of Obama considering Trump's extremely poor performance, that's partisanship for you I guess.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Nov 30, 2006
It's simply amazing to me that even after your claims of media bias are disproven over and over again you continue to make them as if it never happened. It's also pretty hilarious that you think sensationalist tabloid covers are somehow the sign of liberal mainstream media bias. Do you want me to go dig up some NY Post covers about Obama and the Clintons to show conservative media bias?

Also, what about that headline is inaccurate? It was deeply disturbing to see all the smiling and gladhanding at some stupid embassy opening while dozens of protesters were killed and thousands injured only a few miles away.

EDIT: Also your poll numbers are wrong. If you look at the polling average (which any objective person would) Trump is about 7 points below Obama at this point. While I agree it's amazing that Trump is even within 20 points of Obama considering Trump's extremely poor performance, that's partisanship for you I guess.

You're full of shit as usual.

Gallup (5 pts.)
http://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Rasmussen (1 pt.)
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_may15

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You should really try reading posts before responding to them. I said your numbers were wrong because choosing individual polls instead of the polling average is wrong as the average has has long been shown to be much more accurate. Considering the average gap between the two is 7 points, to choose two polls that list them at 1 and 5 points apart is at best foolish and at worst deliberately deceptive.

Then again you're the guy who tried to claim a poll showing the majority of Americans think the media is fair to Trump or not critical enough showed that a majority of Americans thought the media was unfair to Trump so it's not like lying about polls is something new to you.

EDIT: Also, you didn't answer my question. Would you consider the NY Post's anti-Clinton covers to be disgusting evidence of conservative media bias? If so, then what bias? If not, then why does the NYDN count?

Feb 4, 2009
Trump is about 1 pt. (Rasmussen) to 5 pts. (Gallup) below Obama's approval rating at this point in their respective terms depending on the poll. I find this absolutely amazing in light of the incessant barrage of unhinged media bias directed at this administration. For example, check out the front page of today's edition of the Daily News. Trump being within 1-5 pts. of Obama is mind boggling considering these kind of horseshit smears have become effectively normative in MSM.

DdNP-0cV0AAJTaF.jpg

Obama had a similar amount of crud thrown at him it just came from different sources.
Remember the classic “You lie”
It’s part of the job to deal with it.
That cover is a bit cruel but she did go and she is effectively part of the cabinet. People did die that day.
Kind of proves the point family members shouldn’t be involved.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
lol the shit thrown at Obama, lapel pins, mom jeans, saluting, bowing, kissing ect. well ok the mom jeans was deserved.

Nov 30, 2006
You should really try reading posts before responding to them. I said your numbers were wrong because choosing individual polls instead of the polling average is wrong as the average has has long been shown to be much more accurate. Considering the average gap between the two is 7 points, to choose two polls that list them at 1 and 5 points apart is at best foolish and at worst deliberately deceptive.

Then again you're the guy who tried to claim a poll showing the majority of Americans think the media is fair to Trump or not critical enough showed that a majority of Americans thought the media was unfair to Trump so it's not like lying about polls is something new to you.
I didn't lie (that's your forte). The poll numbers I cited above are the first two polls I found on the subject. These polls, as well as those used in recent posts regarding media bias, are from major credible polling organizations. I'm not going to argue minutia with you.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I didn't lie (that's your forte). The poll numbers I cited above are the first two polls I found on the subject. These polls, as well as those used in recent posts regarding media bias, are from major credible polling organizations. I'm not going to argue minutia with you.

Haha yes, like the major credible polling organization where you cited an online poll as being representative.

Since you claimed before that you're here to learn I'm sure you'll be happy to learn that the two polls you cited were not indicative of the state of polling on Trump's popularity vis a vis Obama. It turns out that Trump is significantly less popular in the averages than the polls you cited. (something tells me you will not be happy to learn, haha)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

DdNP-0cV0AAJTaF.jpg

How is that a smear? There is no way that a sane, adult human wouldn't see the repugnant optics of this dog and pony show while people were being slaughtered in the background. It's simply unconscionable. There simply is no defense for these scum.

Feb 4, 2009
Haha yes, like the major credible polling organization where you cited an online poll as being representative.

Since you claimed before that you're here to learn I'm sure you'll be happy to learn that the two polls you cited were not indicative of the state of polling on Trump's popularity vis a vis Obama. It turns out that Trump is significantly less popular in the averages than the polls you cited. (something tells me you will not be happy to learn, haha)

I don’t get what you are going after, Trump & Obama appear to be similar in polling at their respective point in time:

Trump from Gallup
2018 May 7-13 84 35 12 (R-I-D)

Obama from Gallup
2010 May 10-16 13 47 82 (R-I-D)

The results are pretty similar to me.

I don’t agree that Obama had an easy press ride. Established press didn’t pressure him hard, less notable press pushed him very hard. These are simply reversed for President Trump. I’m not going to say either has had a conclusively easier ride overall.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don’t get what you are going after, Trump & Obama appear to be similar in polling at their respective point in time:

Trump from Gallup
2018 May 7-13 84 35 12 (R-I-D)

Obama from Gallup
2010 May 10-16 13 47 82 (R-I-D)

The results are pretty similar to me.

I don’t agree that Obama had an easy press ride. Established press didn’t pressure him hard, less notable press pushed him very hard. These are simply reversed for President Trump. I’m not going to say either has had a conclusively easier ride overall.

Polling averages are much more accurate than individual polls. Fivethirtyeight's polling average shows Obama about 7 points higher than Trump, which is a pretty big difference, especially in this age of extreme partisanship.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Which one called the last election better, I don’t know the answer

Gallup didn't do national polling for the 2016 race but polling averages were right within about 1 point, which is pretty good.

While in any given year an individual pollster can outperform the polling average, the average is overall the best. Rasmussen is a great example of this, actually. In 2016 they basically hit it on the nose. In 2012 however they were not very close (and in fact projected Romney to win). Because each pollster brings their own set of assumptions to the table averages tend to blend those together and it all comes out in the wash.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Argue all day about polls but trump is still the most despicable human being to ever be president.
I dunno, Jackson's a pretty high bar to get over. Trump's a buffoon but he hasn't (yet) death marched half a population across lands we've conquered.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
And just in

State Department holds briefing as North Korea threatens to pull out of summit with the U.S.