Trump is coming back to the big stage according to Fox!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It really is a religion, and like all other religions its based entirely on bullshit and used exclusively to control people, and it seems to be working really well, too.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
CPAC is so much of a Crazy People Action Committee Fox News Sunday didn't even mention it. Even Fox want to keep their people ignorant of all this golden calf worship

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
How is the public going to keep track of all these banned symbols? From the okay sign to a winged square. You are starting to compile quite a lis

First off no one has "banned" anything. But it is fair to question the intent of people who use symbols associated with groups that are antithetical to American ideals.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

So basically, for Republicans - refusing to concede when you lose is going to become a thing now: - Figured it was just a matter of time.

He’s telling the party "Go ahead, refuse to concede. Claim fraud. Never admit defeat again - oh yeah, rig the system and suppress votes while you’re at it."

Don, Jr.: “Hey; look at me! I’m using words over here!” - You wouldn’t think “my daddy showed that you can lose like a whiny bitch and a destructive lying dipshit” would be a selling point, but that’s today's conservatives for ya.
Fucking amazing in a horrible way, his father showed that you can get people to believe he won an election he clearly lost
and cause a massive horde to descend upon the capital itself resulting in 5 dead and numerous serious injury, fuck-nuts Jr thinks that was a good thing.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Moving ahead here, it seems is the Republican Platform;
  1. Worship the Idol of Donald Trump. Golden statues may be used in place of the real Trump.
  2. Troll the opposition. Say outrageous shit that you believe and don’t believe. Make others angry.
  3. Destroy the government. Put partisans and/or idiots in charge of government agencies.
  4. Fleece the Rubes. Take every opportunity to get money from your supporters.
All the other stuff, like being racists, ignoring public health, enriching the wealthy on the backs of the poors, and ripping up international agreements ... This just flows naturally from the 4 main policy planks above.

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
Just the whole thing is weird with analogies
Some of the freed Jews want a god to worship and they need a physical god not a concept of god.
Moses’s Brother says bring me your gold, I will make one (more of less this is a huge simplification). He melts the gold to make a golden calf and puts it on or near an alter. People start to worship the calf this violating the first commandment which they were all part of when Moses brought the texts down from the Mountain. Thus ignoring god. Keep in mind in the context of the story all these people witnessed gods power and various miracles.
God gets angry at them, Moses asks to handle the situation. God say okay Moses.
Moses returns and is angry, destroys the statue and I think grinds it up for all to consume. This last part gets strange in translations.

My takeaways:
Who is worshiping a false god
What does the true God think of the false idol
Gold=Campign donations, should one be donating to literally the greediest man on earth or donating that money to help the poor. The Bible is pretty clear about where that money should go
Who is strong enough to be Moses? Will it be Mitt or Liz or someone else
Consuming the broken statue is that bearing the shame of supporting it? Will Trumpers bear the shame of voting for him.
Green Jello should be the opening act for Trump's speech at CPAC.

Edit: Green Jello Sucks

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Fucking amazing in a horrible way, his father showed that you can get people to believe he won an election he clearly lost
and cause a massive horde to descend upon the capital itself resulting in 5 dead and numerous serious injury, fuck-nuts Jr thinks that was a good thing.

This is where the Republicans are going now. When I hear Don Jr., as goofy and idiotic as he is and sounds, plant the seed in the heads of thousands of the most influential and gullible conservatives that it’s okay to reject elections. There’s a historical precedent for this kind of behavior, and it leads to a dark place.

Without openly saying “might makes right,” they are dancing around adopting this as their political philosophy. If it’s ‘okay’ to reject election results just because you don’t like them - and to enforce that rejection with either open violence or the threat of violence – then, of course, you have a fascist dictatorship. The fact that millions of stupid people think they will do better under fascist dictatorship than under representative democracy is a tribute to the powers of bullshit and propaganda. If only exposing this fact to the dimwitted masses would cause those masses to turn on the propagandists…but so far, that hasn’t been the way it’s worked.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
By panel on voting do they mean, "what roadblocks can we put in front of those darkies to keep them from the polls?"
I think they mean something more like ‘what lies can we tell each other about voting which we can later use as an excuse to keep darkies from the polls.’

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
They hate HR-1 and they love them some voter ID, You know, the usual.
Also, the states trump won did it right, the others all had problems according to republicans.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Some wordsmith at CPAC is going to coin a phrase for their new "platform" that will become their newest battle cry going into the upcoming election cycles. Should be dog whistled just right where their racists and supremacists can hook up with and hoist up their flag staffs, embroidered onto their red caps and silkscreened onto their tees and BVD's with profits somehow vanishing into the night and appearing in some offshore account that Donald's lawyers cooked up.

And then there's Melania agonizing over the idea of going through another four years of being maligned and critically compared with Michelle and now Jill, both of whom are very intelligent and accomplished women in their own right.

Donald's kids? Well they're now seasoned political grifters with four whole years worth of honing their skills at ripping off their dad's cult following. I bet they can't wait to start cashing in again on those MAGA'd suckers that their dad hooked into his fold.

Sad to think that the benefits Biden and the Dems will bring to the working class Repubs will be totally ignored (yet gladly accepted) and more than likely attributed to their own Repubs in the legislature.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The CPAC straw poll says Trump, imagine that.
If trump’s removed from the poll, DeSantis wins.

Last edited:

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
WTF, they now playing Micheal Jackson?He probably is up there crying at how his song is used inapropreatly.