Trump is coming after your SS and Medicare!

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Ah, another promise taken back. If they need to cut money, why don't they go after the military budget?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Once in a while Trump really stumbles into a minefield and sets a couple off just because he can’t read the signs.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Tax Cuts totes pay for themselves....
Must hold back...Stupid Republicans...fooled again...
giphy.gif

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Many ways to scam the middle class and the poor out of their income and shove it into the pockets of the wealthy.

One of those ways is to make sure the base of the Repub Party, their blue collar working class folks agree that taking away their Medicare and Social Security benefits is good for them.

In this regard the Repub Party has been immensely successful. My proof? Has there been any large scale resistance from the party's working class base over the very numerous times this effort to strip them of their gov't benefits, some of them critical to their survival and quality of life? If there was, it must've been done in a really really super secret kind of way.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
If this is what it takes to open Trump voter eyes because it would personally hurt them, then I say let him. Cut it all.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Many ways to scam the middle class and the poor out of their income and shove it into the pockets of the wealthy.

One of those ways is to make sure the base of the Repub Party, their blue collar working class folks agree that taking away their Medicare and Social Security benefits is good for them.

In this regard the Repub Party has been immensely successful. My proof? Has there been any large scale resistance from the party's working class base over the very numerous times this effort to strip them of their gov't benefits, some of them critical to their survival and quality of life? If there was, it must've been done in a really really super secret kind of way.
SS benefits have been eroded year after year, decade after decade through understated inflation.

Nov 8, 2012
Ah, another promise taken back. If they need to cut money, why don't they go after the military budget?

Fat needs to be trimmed from all sides of the steak. Some more than others - no doubt.

But the hands off my <insert government program> messaging needs to fucking die in a fire.

Nov 8, 2012
SS benefits have been eroded year after year, decade after decade through understated inflation.

Along with humans living longer and tons of fraudulent/abused disability claims.

Regardless, the concept of government managing an "investment" of sorts is fucking hilarious in the first place. Make a government mandated 401k where all wages have to enter and be placed in Index funds along with payment for an insurance program or something.

Fucking monkeys could manage money better.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Fat needs to be trimmed from all sides of the steak. Some more than others - no doubt.

But the hands off my <insert government program> messaging needs to fucking die in a fire.
Okay, we've trimmed SS but not at a rate to keep up with the tax cuts handed out to the wealthy. Maybe we should stop handing out debt-supported tax cuts to the wealthy and we wouldn't need to make more cuts to SS.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Along with ever growing income inequality pushing more of the national income out of the SS tax base. We can't afford SS benefits because the rich are pocketing more of the income generated by the labor of the workers.

You can't confuse him with facts & logic when he's in a state of truthiness. It seems to be a permanent thing for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Watched that video in OP.

All I want for Christmas is a new POTUS.

Preferably a Democrat one. The Repubs put the best of what they could find in the Oval Office by the name of Donald Trump, the narcissistic, egomaniacal, pathologically lying, adulterous tax cheat and money launderer.

So we now fully understand that they can't be trusted anymore with how they go about picking the leaders of their party and therefore the rest of us must make sure they don't harm themselves again like they did with picking that Russian sympathizing womanizer of theirs.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse