Trump is banking that a majority of the public are idiots, dont fact check and thus will believe the lies he tells

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I don't think it's as black and white as that. Many educated Republicans also seemingly believe and make similar dumbass arguments as the uneducated, low income Trumpanzees. For example, do you think many educated Republican voters think climate change denial is actually bogus? I don't. They genuinely believe it no matter what evidence you show, and they'll put up the same dumbass arguments uneducated Republicans will.

There's also the issue of senility for many GOP voters. Average age of Fox viewer is around something like ~70 yrs old. All those people get to vote even if their reasoning has declined significantly. it's so easy to manipulate these people.

Yes, there are always exceptions to every rule. In general, however, I don't think most of the educated really buy his BS. They may at times be willfully ignorance because on some level they fear that checking things may force them to change their views and they don't want this. But I don't think there are too many educated ones with no doubts about Trump. They just won't share them with people openly.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The average IQ at a Trump rally is lower than the air temp in the room.

Nov 29, 2006
Well he is not wrong. Which is just a sad indicator what this country has become. Thus we get people like Trump who exploit the ignorant masses for personal gain.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Honestly, that's a pretty safe bet and it appears to be working for him thus far. It got him elected to the most powerful position in the world.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Dems could easily beat Trump with a reasonable candidate that puts America and its workers first.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z