Trump is ‘the chosen one, sent by God to do great things,’ says president’s adviser

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
pardon me -- I have toi get a mop to clean up all the vomit -- I think I am sick!!

Trump has been described as the “chosen one” by his secretary of energy, Rick Perry.

In the preview of an interview shown on Fox News on Sunday night, the adviser, who has drawn scrutiny for his role in the Ukraine scandal, also compared the US president to a number of biblical kings.

“God’s used imperfect people all through history,” Mr Perry told the broadcaster. “King David wasn’t perfect, Saul wasn’t perfect, Solomon wasn’t perfect.”

He revealed that he gave Mr Trump “a little one-pager on those Old Testament kings about a month ago”.

“I shared it with him and said, ‘Mr President, I know there are people that say you said you were the chosen one and I said, ‘You were,’” Mr Perry said.

“I said, ‘If you’re a believing Christian, you understand God’s plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government.’”

After the interview was teased on Fox & Friends, Fox News journalist Ed Henry claimed that Mr Perry said the president was “sent by God to do great things”.

The energy secretary’s comments come amid the ongoing impeachment inquiry into Mr Trump, who has been accused of improperly seeking help from Ukraine officials to boost his chances of re-election next year.

Mr Perry has so far declined to cooperate with a congressional subpoena, neither providing documents nor testifying to impeachment investigators.

During his time in office, the Texan politician has been instrumental in supporting what Mr Trump has called a policy of American “energy dominance”, helping to increase exports of US fossil fuels.

Having first been appointed as secretary of energy in March 2017, Mr Perry is due to stand down from the role on 1 December.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
pardon me -- I have toi get a mop to clean up all the vomit -- I think I am sick!!

Trump has been described as the “chosen one” by his secretary of energy, Rick Perry.

"Let no one be mistaken – Donald Trump’s candidacy is a cancer on conservatism, and it must be clearly diagnosed, excised and discarded. It cannot be pacified or ignored, for it will destroy a set of principles that has lifted more people out of poverty than any force in the history of the civilized world – the cause of conservatism."​

Rick Perry, 2015

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
We
"Let no one be mistaken – Donald Trump’s candidacy is a cancer on conservatism, and it must be clearly diagnosed, excised and discarded. It cannot be pacified or ignored, for it will destroy a set of principles that has lifted more people out of poverty than any force in the history of the civilized world – the cause of conservatism."​

Rick Perry, 2015

If trump ever looses sway over the republican base he will find out how many true friends he has. I imagine these people who have been forced to grovel will have a bone to pick.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I'm just waiting for some Cleric to anoint Trumps forehead with Olive Oil that has been prayed over.... Oh wait is there any sect that still does that?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm not religious, but the only way it'd make sense for Trump to be part of a divine plan is if he were the false idol that led people astray.

You can actually see that behavior, come to think of it: the hypocritical Christians who worship Trump like a god despite his being a fundamentally immoral person.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm not religious, but the only way it'd make sense for Trump to be part of a divine plan is if he were the false idol that led people astray.

You can actually see that behavior, come to think of it: the hypocritical Christians who worship Trump like a god despite his being a fundamentally immoral person.

They have actually grappled with this. The (slightly) less delusional among them have decided that Trump is like Cyrus, the ungodly man who is still used as an instrument of god to help the faithful. While this is pretty nutty at least it acknowledges that Trump is not even remotely Christian. The truly deranged have decided that Trump actually IS now an exceptionally godly man and that all that bad stuff he did changed somewhere around 2015 and now he's a good guy.

• Wow

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

I see a strong case for concluding that he is the Antichrist and rapture is upon us!

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
it's nothin but politics.

They are all nuts, and will say anything to get votes.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Rick Perry, 2015

They all had a great epiphany & saw the light of Jeezus emanating from Trump. They fell to their knees to worship & fellate their new Master.

Reactions: whm1974

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That would mean that god has a sense of humor. I dont know how to feel about that.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He doesn't believe that, he's just vomiting up what evangelicals dumber than him need to hear, given the hole Team Treason has dug itself into.

Remember when people listened to Rick Perry?

Yeah me neither.

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
If this is not one of those use religious as tools I don't know what it is. Brb need to clean the floor.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

In the preview of an interview shown on Fox News on Sunday night, the adviser, who has drawn scrutiny for his role in the Ukraine scandal, also compared the US president to a number of biblical kings.

“God’s used imperfect people all through history,” Mr Perry told the broadcaster. “King David wasn’t perfect, Saul wasn’t perfect, Solomon wasn’t perfect.”

He revealed that he gave Mr Trump “a little one-pager on those Old Testament kings about a month ago”.

“I shared it with him and said, ‘Mr President, I know there are people that say you said you were the chosen one and I said, ‘You were,’” Mr Perry said.

“I said, ‘If you’re a believing Christian, you understand God’s plan for the people who rule and judge over us on this planet in our government.’”

After the interview was teased on Fox & Friends, Fox News journalist Ed Henry claimed that Mr Perry said the president was “sent by God to do great things”.

The energy secretary’s comments come amid the ongoing impeachment inquiry into Mr Trump, who has been accused of improperly seeking help from Ukraine officials to boost his chances of re-election next year.

Mr Perry has so far declined to cooperate with a congressional subpoena, neither providing documents nor testifying to impeachment investigators.

During his time in office, the Texan politician has been instrumental in supporting what Mr Trump has called a policy of American “energy dominance”, helping to increase exports of US fossil fuels.

Having first been appointed as secretary of energy in March 2017, Mr Perry is due to stand down from the role on 1 December.
He was a governor of one of the biggest states in the country? He must just of had money backers through his whole political career. Must have a place where the hand goes up his ass to move his lips. I'm reduced to babbling, I'm so...whatever.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
My mom espoused something like this not that long ago. I was watching a video on quid pro quo, and she ended up catching the tail end of it. After it was over, she made a remark like, "What did he even do!?" I explained the details as best as I could, but in the end, all I got was something like "There's only one person that chooses the president."

Honestly, I didn't say anything in response to that. Whenever someone makes a remark like that, it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
My mom espoused something like this not that long ago. I was watching a video on quid pro quo, and she ended up catching the tail end of it. After it was over, she made a remark like, "What did he even do!?" I explained the details as best as I could, but in the end, all I got was something like "There's only one person that chooses the president."

Honestly, I didn't say anything in response to that. Whenever someone makes a remark like that, it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.
or it is better to sleep and let the dog lie......

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
When Perry insinuates that Trump isn't perfect, it has to be one of the greatest understatements in all human history.

Roosevelt wasn't perfect. Truman perhaps had more than his share of shortcomings. Ike wasn't perfect. JFK wasn't perfect. Nixon certainly wasn't perfect. Ford may have had problems walking and chewing gum at the same time. They say Reagan was needing memory assistance as early as his first term. Bush wasn't perfect, and they say a misstep by his ambassador to Iraq may have catalyzed the Gulf War. Clinton had a problem with his Slick Willie. Dubya had been cell-phone videoed picking his nose and licking his fingers at a baseball game -- and by many other measures, he wasn't perfect. Obama "mis-spoke" about a red line in the sand.

But Trump? Trump is lower than invertebrate bottom feeders in a pool of crocodile piss.

There should be but two religions in our secular government: Belief in the Constitution, and belief in common sense. But if you want your personal religious beliefs to hold sway in all matters of government, you should be deterred by the simple fact that Law is an overlap of moral principles agreed to by all parties -- including Atheists and Muslims.

I've said many times recently that the Bible Thumpers were Devil Worshippers in Christian clothing. To say that Trump is a "Chosen One" just demonstrates a likelihood of my mere suspicion.

And Perry? That guy is dumber than a sack of hammers . . . . An errand boy sent by Big Oil clerks to collect a bill . . .

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's all perfectly spherical. People resort to supernatural explanations when they can't explain things. Which means they can't explain why they voted for Trump. Might as well say the Devil made them do it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's always fun to see conservative "Patriots" argue in favor of the Divine Right of Kings.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
These idiots love conspiracy theories to reinforce their beliefs.