trump hits Sessions over indictments of GOP congressmen

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...eeks-over-indictments-gop-congressmen-n906036

He actually complained that these two guys would be two "easy wins"

Ha ha. Forget the fact that these guys were going to be indicted..
Collins for insider trading and Hunter for using campaign funds for personal use.

He tweeted this:
T"wo long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff.....

Jeebus what a gigantic sack, the cheeto is.

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...eeks-over-indictments-gop-congressmen-n906036

He actually complained that these two guys would be two "easy wins"

Ha ha. Forget the fact that these guys were going to be indicted..
Collins for insider trading and Hunter for using campaign funds for personal use.

He tweeted this:
T"wo long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff.....

Jeebus what a gigantic sack, the cheeto is.

You forgot to include this:

While Trump suggested the investigations into the two lawmakers began during the Obama administration, the charges against Collins stem from actions he allegedly took last year -- including calls he placed while at the White House for a congressional picnic hosted by Trump.

The Justice Department also began investigating Hunter last year, with the House Ethics Committee announcing in March 2017 that it was holding off on taking action against Hunter because the Justice Department had launched a criminal investigation into his use of campaign funds.

Guess Obama was in office last year?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
It's now plain as day that Session had been a left wing plant his entire life. Bet he and Hillary have secretly been having an affair for years.

Reactions: Hugo Stiglitz

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Trump would rather have felons in Congress than risk losing seats for Republicans. I would say that is the personification of party before country, but it appears Trump would rather have felons regardless.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Trump would rather have felons in Congress than risk losing seats for Republicans. I would say that is the personification of party before country, but it appears Trump would rather have felons regardless.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It’s kind of amazing how long the US has soldiered on depending on the idea that the president wouldn’t be a criminal.

At this point does someone, anyone want to argue the president isn’t acting as a mob boss? Fern? Doc? Taj?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
It’s kind of amazing how long the US has soldiered on depending on the idea that the president wouldn’t be a criminal.

At this point does someone, anyone want to argue the president isn’t acting as a mob boss? Fern? Doc? Taj?
One of them will be along soon to drop a stupid comment that can't be backed up and then vanish.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Mob boss, no. Idiot, yes.
A real criminal keeps a low profile and doesn't shout stupidity from the roof tops. Trump on the other hand...

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
“We must maintain law and order at the highest level or we will cease to have a country, 100 percent....
I am the law and order candidate'"
- Trump 2016

Reactions: sandorski

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
All these outrageous lies are just going to bite him in the ass, of course the hard-core Trump-tards take no notice of anything he says or does but the rest of us DO. Sessions has a legal obligation to indict these thieves and he did so, dump slid so far off the deep end last week he's losing respect and backers and that's a good thing. When you accuse someone of Lester Holt's stature of "fudging" tapes it's not only laughably fake but very disrespectful to probably the most watched/respected news anchor in America today.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
From what I am reading here, Trump believes that both he, and his party, are above the law.

Oh, it goes well beyond trump. Republicans in general, especially those in presidential administrations, think they are above the law. The number of criminal indictments of Republicans who are apart of the president's administration far outweigh the number of Democrats charged with indictments who are apart of presidential administrations. Republicans have been corrupt, quite a bit, for over 50 years.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Mob boss, no. Idiot, yes.
A real criminal keeps a low profile and doesn't shout stupidity from the roof tops. Trump on the other hand...

He came straight out and attacked the attorney general for indicting his allies for committing crimes.

At what point do we decide this isn’t stupidity but is instead a criminal?

At this point based on Greenman's post I don't see a line short of him shooting someone in Times Square. However if he shot a minority, woman, or LGBTQ person he probably wouldn't lose support even then.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump has a criminal mind. He accepts corruption as part of how things get done & says so. He shows it in this episode, in his defense of Manafort, in his disdain for rats, flippers & spies.

I mean, let's face it- anybody who brags that they don't pay taxes because they're smart has a criminal mind.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I'll give it a go...

Liberal tears
fake news
Who cares Trump has kept all his promises
Obama's fault deep state
You guys have TDS

Basically the response will be "I got my tax cut so I can ignore that Jew in the oven thing"

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Hey Senator Graham, still believe that Trump "deserves an attorney general he can work with"?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Trump is the end all true heart of the Republican Party - he just let the cat of the bag out the bag after setting it on fire with Napalm.

Vote this garbage out.