trump Has Repeatedly Tried to Ban or Punish Reporters Who Annoy Him

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
We know that just recently he removed CNN’s Kaitlan Collins from the Open Media Event for trying to question him earlier.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...atedly-tried-to-ban-and-punish-reporters.html
"In addition to his frequent public and private complaints that he is mistreated by the press, Trump has asked his aides to ban or revoke the credentials of reporters who offend him."

Not sure that's in his best interest because even his beloved faux news reporters will call him out on that.
Yep, fatty is the thinnest skinned president I have seen.

Then at the end of the article has SHS actually saying
"For her part, Sanders responded on Friday by arguing, in part, that Trump was “the most accessible president in modern history.”"
Ha ha ha ha . o_O:eek::rolleyes:

I don't know whose is a worse suck-up, SHS or Kellyanne Conway.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The only problem we have here is that Trump is trying every way possible to emulate his idol over there in Moscow. That he can't do things the way Putin does in Russia is driving Trump nuts, but he's trying his best to make it happen. It's just about the only way he can get Mueller and the Rule of Law that Mueller represents off his back.

Trump can't control the Press like Putin does in Russia and that right there is one of the very few things that's keeping us and the world in touch with what Trump's been up to. As with Bush and Cheney and the current Repub controlled Legislature, Trump needs secrecy like he needs the air he breathes to accomplish those things he can never let the people know of until it's too late for the nation or the free world to do anything about.

I swear if Trump were given the chance he'd turn our nation into a dictatorship in a New York minute and his supporters would absolutely love it. Well, until they find out that Trump is going to treat them like they were Democrats or worse the moment he gains absolute power that is.

Reactions: ladyjd

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This came out today of a meeting he had with the heads of the NYT.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ny-times...lling-journalists-enemy-people-162456874.html

The times posted this after cheeto tweeted that they "Spent much time talking about the vast amounts of Fake News being put out by the media & how that Fake News has morphed into phrase, “Enemy of the People.”"

They (the NYT), felt they needed to clarify about the meeting and what was really talked about.
"
Sulzberger explained that his primary reason for accepting the meeting was to raise concerns about Trump’s anti-press rhetoric."

“I told him that although the phrase ‘fake news’ is untrue and harmful, I am far more concerned about his labeling journalists ‘the enemy of the people.’ I warned that this inflammatory language is contributing to a rise in threats against journalists and will lead to violence,” Sulzberger said."

Again, cheeto leaves out a vast amount of what really happened.

Reactions: Aegeon
Feb 4, 2009
This came out today of a meeting he had with the heads of the NYT.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ny-times...lling-journalists-enemy-people-162456874.html

The times posted this after cheeto tweeted that they "Spent much time talking about the vast amounts of Fake News being put out by the media & how that Fake News has morphed into phrase, “Enemy of the People.”"

They (the NYT), felt they needed to clarify about the meeting and what was really talked about.
"
Sulzberger explained that his primary reason for accepting the meeting was to raise concerns about Trump’s anti-press rhetoric."

“I told him that although the phrase ‘fake news’ is untrue and harmful, I am far more concerned about his labeling journalists ‘the enemy of the people.’ I warned that this inflammatory language is contributing to a rise in threats against journalists and will lead to violence,” Sulzberger said."

Again, cheeto leaves out a vast amount of what really happened.

Classic Useful Idiot easily manipulated scenario.
Trump: I want to have a private meeting with you Mr. Reporter. I want nothing published
Reporter Boss: No problem
Discussion, reporter boss keeps his end of the deal.
Trump: I had a private chat with fake news and they say I’m the greatest
Reporter boss man: nope that’s not what happened

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Great article-

“No people ever recognize their dictator in advance,” she reflected in 1935. “He never stands for election on the platform of dictatorship. He always represents himself as the instrument [of] the Incorporated National Will.” Applying the lesson to the U.S., she wrote, “When our dictator turns up you can depend on it that he will be one of the boys, and he will stand for everything traditionally American.”
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ssolini-hitler-180961407/#3YHB6QWZ77rQmaLJ.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter