Trump forcing census to end door knocking a month early...

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Team Treason will try anything, and this dipshit is now putting the brakes on the census, effectively making it impossible to finish the job. More fascist bullshit from the conman and Russian asset, in a different time I'd call it unbelievable. Moscow Mitch and that fossil Wilbur are to blame as well.

White House pressures bureau to wrap up counting for political gain

"It's going to be impossible to complete the count in time," says one of the bureau employees, an area manager who oversees local census offices. "I'm very fearful we're going to have a massive undercount."

All about staying in power, to hell with people who aren't republicans. Open those schools! But the census, well we have to think about the virus after all! Eat shit traitors. Hurry up November, we need to excise this cancer.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Is this another one of those things our excuse makers will say, "who cares because he can't do it"?

Just another way to move this country to apartheid, White minority rule

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just going to manipulate the data anyway. We see what's going on with COVID data already. Get out and vote to flush the shit out of our government.

Jun 18, 2000
Is this another one of those things our excuse makers will say, "who cares because he can't do it"?

Just another way to move this country to apartheid, White minority rule

No, they'll just say if you wanted to be counted you should have filled out your census form already.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Homerjs, how many of your friends and family are voting this election? What’s their enthusiasm level and do you have an idea of who they are voting for?

I ask because voting is the only remedy and we’ve got to get more people involved in elections in general.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Note in curious to know what districts/states were prioritized to be counted first. Where are they stopping the count?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Homerjs, how many of your friends and family are voting this election? What’s their enthusiasm level and do you have an idea of who they are voting for?

I ask because voting is the only remedy and we’ve got to get more people involved in elections in general.

Yes. Donate and volunteer as well, to the extent possible.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Everyone I consider a friend is voting for Biden this fall including one person that supported Trump. Every relative if voting this fall for Biden.

I have my list of people beginning in Aug I'm donating to every month through Oct

Senate races
Sara Gideon to take out Susan Collins
Amy McGrath to take out Moscow Mitch
Jamie Harrison to take out Lindsay Graham
Doug Jones from Ala

One time to the DNC because they will need lawyers this fall

Biden will have enough rich donors doesn't need me

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
About 4 out of 10 households nationwide have still not participated in the constitutionally mandated count of every person living in the U.S., and self-response rates are even lower in many communities.

Hey good news we reduced our population from ~330M to just under 200M. Shouldn't have any issues with unemployment now!

Obligatory sarcasm

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Nominating a nursing home escapee does not help voter turn out, at all.
Thankfully it is against Trump, so maybe it makes no difference.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Everyone I consider a friend is voting for Biden this fall including one person that supported Trump. Every relative if voting this fall for Biden.

I have my list of people beginning in Aug I'm donating to every month through Oct

Senate races
Sara Gideon to take out Susan Collins
Amy McGrath to take out Moscow Mitch
Jamie Harrison to take out Lindsay Graham
Doug Jones from Ala

One time to the DNC because they will need lawyers this fall

Biden will have enough rich donors doesn't need me

I'm going to donate to Jaime Harrison as well. The same one whose skin color they darkened in Graham's political ad. He's creeping up on Graham in the polls. Would love to see that two-faced asshat get his walking papers.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Nominating a nursing home escapee does not help voter turn out, at all.
Thankfully it is against Trump, so maybe it makes no difference.
Biden consistently outpolled all his younger opponents in head to head matchups against Trump and currently enjoys a huge lead.

Maybe in the end he still doesn’t win but so far it’s hard to see how someone can complain about his results. He’s crushing it.

Reactions: Ken g6

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
This is HUGE news, almost on the scale of a Supreme Court nomination. The census affects distribution of federal funds, number of Congress members and many other things. The GOP used the 2010 census with great effectiveness to gerrymander elections, etc and retain absolute control with a minority vote position all through the last decade.

Working against this has been Obama's and Eric Holder's main project for the past few years. I expect a spirited response to this power play.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Is this another one of those paranoid conspiracy theories people that Trump would in no way do?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Sounds like Pelosi has some work to do, holding this admin accountable on this subject.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Sounds like Pelosi has some work to do, holding this admin accountable on this subject.

I would hope no one would need to remind you how our government works but just in case you need a refresher: no one person in particular in Congress can hold anyone in the other two branches accountable, Congress as whole must do it.

Now that you’ve been refreshed, I’m sure you’ll update your post to reflect that reality otherwise your post might look ridiculous and partisan.

Reactions: nickqt

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Hey good news we reduced our population from ~330M to just under 200M. Shouldn't have any issues with unemployment now!

Obligatory sarcasm

COVID, and lack of gov't leadership may help us reach that 200M goal!

/s
:(

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I would hope no one would need to remind you how our government works but just in case you need a refresher: no one person in particular in Congress can hold anyone in the other two branches accountable, Congress as whole must do it.

Now that you’ve been refreshed, I’m sure you’ll update your post to reflect that reality otherwise your post might look ridiculous and partisan.

If you are finished with that ridiculous tirade, I suppose I need to spell it out for you.

Only power Democrats have is in the House. Pelosi is in charge there, where hearings can be held. That is the only place where this issue would be dragged out of the shadows and see the light of day. Where Congress critters can try for transparency and accountability on this issue. Not to mention pass legislation to directly address it. Regardless of what Republicans do (or don't do) on the issue, it needs to go on record as much as is possible.

Land it on Mitch's desk where we expect it to die, but shoving it up his !@# is part and parcel the job.

I do not want this issue to be swept under the rug or to go quietly into the night. It needs to be fought for where possible.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Maybe a Judge can do more than the House of Representatives and at least make headlines out of this fiasco.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
COVID, and lack of gov't leadership may help us reach that 200M goal!

/s
:(
I don't think it would be quite that bad. Your chances of dying from a COVID infection without any treatment are, at worst, about 1 in 5, on average. Which happens to be about the same as the chance that Trump will win reelection, according to fivethirtyeight.com.