Trump Fires Bolton

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Carlson dissing Bolton is like a snake attacking its own tail. Like crap being piled on crap. Like Trump saying he is the guy that treats Russia tougher than anybody else.

But hey, it's all good with his base and every Repub swinging dick and tit in Congress are afraid to piss them off and get primaried by them so Trump the 'Lil Choo Choo Who Can't is chugging down Trainwreck Alley doing what he does worst than anybody else.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
The more preposterous the lie the better it will sell to the conservative faithful. Bolton is a war monger, but he's no Leftist. I'm glad he's gone.

Walrus stash is a POS and should have never been appointed by any POTUS to anything. This is this crazy reality TV presidency we have.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Unless there's a Trump property in Iran, I'm guessing he'd decline the invite.
You say this in jest, but did you forget that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard likely laundered money into one of Trump’s projects in Azerbaijan through shell companies?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump wants to loan the Iranians 15B to get back less than Obama got with his deal.

I’ll bet you could actually see steam coming out of Bolton’s ears.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I never did like Bolton!! But with that said -- It struck me as comical that Trump ha fired Bolton!!
Comical because Bolton is a known hawk and would savor us going to war!
Yet Trump is a known coward and had to get rid of Bolton!!
After all -- what coward wants to be responsible for a war?

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said his former top national security adviser was "way out of line" with his administration's foreign policy goals and repeatedly slammed the veteran diplomat for advocating for U.S. military engagement in Iraq.

In his first remarks on John Bolton since his dismissal, Trump said the two "maybe" split on good terms. Bolton, Trump's third national security adviser in as many years, had disputed Trump's characterization Tuesday that he had been fired.

"I hope we left on good stead, but maybe we haven’t," Trump told reporters gathered in the Oval Office. "John wasn’t in line with what we were doing."

Trump blasted Bolton for making "some very big mistakes," including his role as an advocate for the invasion of Iraq in 2003 – which happened years before Trump brought him on board at the White House. Trump also blasted Bolton for suggesting that the U.S. was seeking to embrace the "Libyan model" for North Korea.

Analysts have noted that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been fearful to give up his nuclear weapons program precisely because he worries about what happened to former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who was turned out of power and assassinated in 2011.
"That's a question of being not smart, to say something like that," Trump said.
The controversy over Bolton's comments on North Korea took place months ago.
Trump's decision to fire Bolton came amid more recent internal tensions at the White House over negotiations with the Taliban to end the war in Afghanistan. Bolton opposed a planned secret meeting with the Taliban at Camp David that the president scuttled over the weekend.
Trump also said Bolton was "way out of line" on how to deal with political unrest in Venezuela. Bolton and Trump have both called for a peaceful transition of power from Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to opposition leader Juan Guaido. Trump has ramped up economic pressure on Venezuela in recent weeks.
Trump said he is considering at least five candidates for the job and said he will name a replacement next week. Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., a Trump ally, said the president told him he is considering at least three candidates: Keith Kellogg, a retired general who temporarily filled the role in 2017; Brian Hook, a senior State Department official and Rick Waddell, a former deputy national security adviser.
Graham made the remarks in an interview with Fox News.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Trump: John Bolton was way out of line on North Korea, Venezuela

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Caribou Barbie, I keep tellin youse.
Yeah last time she was out in public she embarrassed herself quite well so she qualifies for the job. She makes a strong case for wishing that alien abductions were real. :p

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Imagine Trump trying to turn Bolton into one of his sycophant ass-sucking stooges as Bolton tries to manipulate Trump into accomplishing his dreams of marching our military down the throats of our weaker enemies in order to force them into becoming client puppet states to do with as he pleases.

Yeah, well there goes another guy who was arrogant enough to think that he could exploit Trump's well known frailties for accomplishing his own agendas.

That only works if you're one of those iron-fisted dictatorial leaders that Trump wishes he could be like. Hired hands are beneath him.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Another fool goes down in flames after thinking they work for the narcissistic man baby and come out ok.

Read through the clinical description and tell me it doesn't describe Trump to a T.

From the Mayo Clinic:

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

• Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
  • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
  • Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump wants to loan the Iranians 15B to get back less than Obama got with his deal.

I’ll bet you could actually see steam coming out of Bolton’s ears.

I saw that. Trump wants to ease sanctions on Iran and give them money in order to have them simply TALK about entering an agreement that Obama already had them locked in on.

He is seriously the world’s worst dealmaker. One thing Bolton was right about was keeping him away from hostile countries as he knew they would roll him.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I always find it funny how Trump, over and over, keeps trashing the people HE CHOSE TO HIRE.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Trump should have paid more attention to his instincts that Bolton looked like a loon with that stupid mustache. Clearly a sign of a sick need to draw attention to oneself. Look, a man you can grab by the feet and paint with.
Trump could have made quite a few happy little trees.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The more preposterous the lie the better it will sell to the conservative faithful. Bolton is a war monger, but he's no Leftist. I'm glad he's gone.
it's amazing he can keep a strait face saying that