Trump Fires Bolton

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Three National Security Advisers in 2.5 years, one of whom is in jail. Perfectly normal. God knows what bottom-feeding kiss-ass he'll find to fill the spot.

I wonder if Bolton manned up and told Tan the Conman that announcing to the world that he's in love with the brutal dictator of North Korea isn't a good choice.

ElMonoDelMar

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2004
Were I the Iranians I wouldn’t waste any time inviting Trump to Tehran. Bolton out, Afghan deal in a coma, and Trump is mega thirsty for a foreign policy “win”.

Unless there's a Trump property in Iran, I'm guessing he'd decline the invite.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
No need for Trump to find a replacement NSA. He's already got at least a couple of them over at FOX. The bonus feature is that FOX pays them so Trump doesn't have to.

But wut-eva's. The walls of his gilded stateroom are closing in on Trump as his Ship of State slowly sinks into that swamp he said he was going to drain. Everybody is telling him what to do to help him keep his ship afloat but he doesn't trust them and he thinks he always knows best anyway so why have them around to begin with? He wants temps. Easier to get rid of, pays less.

Besides, all he wants out of his hirelings is for them to stroke his ginormous insatiable ego and to steal from them the aura of being the leader of the world's most powerful influential personalities. His need to initially surround himself with generals (what no sissy girly admirals?) was a perfect example of such.

Reactions: Meghan54

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Just because the President has a national security advisor doesn't mean he listens to them or ever intended to. OTOH, Bolton did what Trump wanted in breaking the NSC. It's like how he had Tillerson break the State Dept,

Reactions: tweaker2

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Why should anyone give him credit? Trump hired him.

The stability exuded by this administration is stunning.

He hired him, but it doesn't look like he took his usual advise (bomb, bomb, bomb) and he got rid of him. Look, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but when he's right, we shouldn't be afraid to acknowledge it, even if he still is a horrible president. But he hasn't done any wag the dog bullshit...yet. Which is more than can be said about Bush's and even Clinton.

Reactions: HurleyBird
Mar 11, 2004
He hired him, but it doesn't look like he took his usual advise (bomb, bomb, bomb) and he got rid of him. Look, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but when he's right, we shouldn't be afraid to acknowledge it, even if he still is a horrible president. But he hasn't done any wag the dog bullshit...yet. Which is more than can be said about Bush's and even Clinton.

The thing is, he apparently fired him for not enabling Turmp to do whatever the fuck he wants. While I am no fan of Bolton, this turn of events should be troubling to people as it seems to indicate Turmp is starting to take an active interest in foreign policy.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I feel sorry for neither.
Bolton should have known it'd end this way.
As for Trump, its more fuel for the failed re-election fire.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Is this how Fox News keeps their sheeple brainwashed? This is laughable at best
Tucker Carlson: John Bolton Is a ‘Man of the Left’ and One of Trump Admin’s ‘Most Progressive People’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-carlson-john-bolton-man-021421467.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAH

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Is this how Fox News keeps their sheeple brainwashed? This is laughable at best
Tucker Carlson: John Bolton Is a ‘Man of the Left’ and One of Trump Admin’s ‘Most Progressive People’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-carlson-john-bolton-man-021421467.html

Yeah, because Bolton has a stellar reputation on the left. Just the other day I was talking to my liberal friends and we all agree that Bolton's shit smells like rose petals.

Carlson is such a clown.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Oh man I was going to start speculating about how Fox was going to handle this. I sure hope Tucker doesn't speak for the group. I know Bolton was a Fox contributor in the past, but I have no idea how much sway he has over there. Given his tweet it seems he holds a grudge. I somehow hope his Fox friends use that to turn on Trump, but I'm not sure it's very likely now.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Haha. Trump wants to loosen sanctions on Iran to get a meeting with Rouhani at the UN and Bolton blew a gasket arguing against it. This happened the day before Bolton was fired.

Art of the deal indeed. Lol.

Also the republicans would be all over Tv denouncing Obama as a basically a traitor for negotiating with Iran because that’s what they actually did.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Oh man I was going to start speculating about how Fox was going to handle this. I sure hope Tucker doesn't speak for the group. I know Bolton was a Fox contributor in the past, but I have no idea how much sway he has over there. Given his tweet it seems he holds a grudge. I somehow hope his Fox friends use that to turn on Trump, but I'm not sure it's very likely now.

This is even effing nuts for Tucker and that's saying something.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Feb 4, 2009
Chuck & Nancy should troll and invite Bolton to the Democratic Party. Maybe offer to meet up with Bolton.

Sadly their troll game is weak

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Indus