Trump extorting New York State for a personal favor. Quid pro quo part 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
As a non-American, I'm always happy to see left wing people 'hate' on Trump. It feels to me like there are more haters than lovers but then how he ever won the elections still baffles me. I remember everyone in my environment say 'Americans aren't that stupid, they won't let him win' Only for it to be followed by him winning the elections. Let alone all the stupid shit he's done and said only to still be supported by so many Americans...

What's your guys opninion on him? Very curious about it
The reason he won is because the Democrats didn't have an actual viable candidate to run against Trump. Hillary ran on a platform centered around her being a woman and that Trump is bad. The Democrats have also demonstrated repeated willingness to unfairly influence candidate selections and elections. No doubt Trump and most politicians are generally scumbags, but the Democrats take that to the next level.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi
Nov 25, 2013
The reason he won is because the Democrats didn't have an actual viable candidate to run against Trump. Hillary ran on a platform centered around her being a woman and that Trump is bad. The Democrats have also demonstrated repeated willingness to unfairly influence candidate selections and elections. No doubt Trump and most politicians are generally scumbags, but the Democrats take that to the next level.

Brought to you by the Ministry of Truth and Revelation.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
As a non-American, I'm always happy to see left wing people 'hate' on Trump. It feels to me like there are more haters than lovers but then how he ever won the elections still baffles me. I remember everyone in my environment say 'Americans aren't that stupid, they won't let him win' Only for it to be followed by him winning the elections. Let alone all the stupid shit he's done and said only to still be supported by so many Americans...

What's your guys opninion on him? Very curious about it
Trumps base honestly believes this about their hero --
Just take a look at Donald, a dedicated family man, with 5 well balanced children, married since 1977. A business man of highest caliber and integrity, not a blemish on an astounding record. A true American patriot who was extremely sadden he couldn't serve in the military because of bad feet. Mild mannered and soft spoken and seldom, if ever, speaks ill of anyone. Moral character above reproach. Hardworking, seldom taking time out for a round of golf or a sport event. 6'5", 200 lbs, of pure health, a true leader. Sign me "Joe Republican" - makes me want to vomit!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Brought to you by the Ministry of Truth and Justice and the American way!!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
And you didn't build that, and you could keep your doctor, and the Russians couldn't interfere with our elections?

The greatest mistake was underestimating the complicity of the GOP in wanting Russian interference. Mitch has blocked all efforts to prevent Trump benefiting from Putin and now the GOP is fine with actively soliciting it.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Holdup. Something is different. Ignore the rest of all that but do I sense a tiny ray of sunlight here?

• Haha

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
And you didn't build that, and you could keep your doctor, and the Russians couldn't interfere with our elections?
  1. A momentary lapse in communication over the complexities of our economy and how integral society at large is in making rich people... rich.
  2. An undeniable truth that insurance companies were always going to screw people over after Obama compromised by delivering the REPUBLICAN Healthcare plan. What I mean is, your insurance was always going to screw you over and Obama was wrong to not own up to that, or push for a better (M4A) solution.
  3. Republicans are the ones explicitly endorsing Trump's solicitation of foreign governments to interfere with our elections. You had your chance to impeach him for that. You made your voices VERY clear on that issue.
Whatever Obama did that wasn't perfect or ideal... he's still lightyears above and beyond the !@#$ Republicans are slinging.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Holdup. Something is different. Ignore the rest of all that but do I sense a tiny ray of sunlight here?

Watch the episode of Drunk History about Martha Mitchell, the wife of John Mitchell, who was kidnapped and drugged, then committed to a mental facility by her husband to prevent Watergate coming out. Then remember that Trump and his own are arguably as bad or worse than these people but with a GOP which has no sense of duty to their Oaths. Obama did however lie about keeping your doctor, and yes an intentional deception.

Putting all that Trump has done in terms of illegalities and attacks against the rule of law compared to pretty much anyone in the Office? Obama who?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
  1. A momentary lapse in communication over the complexities of our economy and how integral society at large is in making rich people... rich.
  2. An undeniable truth that insurance companies were always going to screw people over after Obama compromised by delivering the REPUBLICAN Healthcare plan. What I mean is, your insurance was always going to screw you over and Obama was wrong to not own up to that, or push for a better (M4A) solution.
  3. Republicans are the ones explicitly endorsing Trump's solicitation of foreign governments to interfere with our elections. You had your chance to impeach him for that. You made your voices VERY clear on that issue.
Whatever Obama did that wasn't perfect or ideal... he's still lightyears above and beyond the !@#$ Republicans are slinging.

An argument could be reliably made that Obamas doctor flub, while a stupid thing to say outright because he had no specific controls in place for that (that I'm aware of), pales in comparison to the GOP's ongoing assault of the ACA and that it's a big part of why Obama statement was false for some people.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002

I would bet my life saving that all the other candidates know that windmills do not cause cancer

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Here lets be accurate -- ok??
The reason he won is because the Democrats didn't have an actual viable candidate to run against Trump. Hillary ran on a platform centered around her being a woman and that Trump is bad. The Republicans have also demonstrated repeated willingness to unfairly influence candidate selections and elections. No doubt Trump and most politicians are generally scumbags but this adminsration has taken that to the next level.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Here lets be accurate -- ok??
The reason he won is because the Democrats didn't have an actual viable candidate to run against Trump. Hillary ran on a platform centered around her being a woman and that Trump is bad. The Republicans have also demonstrated repeated willingness to unfairly influence candidate selections and elections. No doubt Trump and most politicians are generally scumbags but this adminsration has taken that to the next level.

Don't be ridiculous. Trump won by dint of an anomalous result of the Electoral College.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Trump won by death of a thousand cuts.

voter suppression
help from Russia
help from agerrymandering
help from facebook & cambridge analytica
help from Israel
help from Fox state TV
help from wikileaks
help from criming in general
etc.

It is this game that for example Putin is a master of : Game of incomplete information. Make enough small likely winning moves and eventually ...

For example, right now, Assad and Putin is double tapping civilian areas in Syria with the direct consequence of another million refugees heading to the Turkish border, knocking on to enter the EU. You think this is an accidental byproduct or Putins main objective?
Jeeeeebus.

Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Don't be ridiculous. Trump won by dint of an anomalous result of the Electoral College.

Don't be dense. There's a reason why it was that close in the first place. Why Obama voting districts flipped.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Don't be dense. There's a reason why it was that close in the first place. Why Obama voting districts flipped.
You are both dense, it was a product of many many MANY small incidents. Either one of them flipping might have prevented Trump from the WH.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You are both dense, it was a product of many many MANY small incidents. Either one of them flipping might have prevented Trump from the WH.

There was a very pointed disinformation campaign in our election, and regardless of what anyone says, it's already been proven that a hostile foreign power was heavily involved. Just years of attacking HRC, years. IMO, she shouldn't have run in the first place.

The GOP obstructionists fought anything Obama tried to do, even if it were (and especially if) to benefit citizens.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
There was a very pointed disinformation campaign in our election, and regardless of what anyone says, it's already been proven that a hostile foreign power was heavily involved. Just years of attacking HRC, years. IMO, she shouldn't have run in the first place.

The GOP obstructionists fought anything Obama tried to do, even if it were (and especially if) to benefit citizens.
Indeed. But then again, if you accept that a targeted disinformation campaign by Fox State TV, conservative media and Russia can burn out democratic presidential candidates over a certain period... All they have to do is target next, and next and next... I mean, look at this Biden shit... didnt take long.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Indeed. But then again, if you accept that a targeted disinformation campaign by Fox State TV, conservative media and Russia can burn out democratic presidential candidates over a certain period... All they have to do is target next, and next and next... I mean, look at this Biden shit... didnt take long.

Sure, but not each target will be so easy. Both Biden and HRC have been around for decades. There's quite a few young candidates that dont have the baggage and will easily collect the young crowds support.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

It was an unprecedented, brilliant & audacious triumph of propaganda & lies. Trump & his Russian friends blended traditional methods, hacking, big data & social media trollery to devastating effect. It's a pioneering effort in the art of mind fuckery in the social media age.

Reactions: Jaskalas