Trump extorting New York State for a personal favor. Quid pro quo part 2

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Here is the quote.
“I’m seeing Governor Cuomo today at The White House,” Trump tweeted. “He must understand that National Security far exceeds politics. New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits & harrassment, start cleaning itself up, and lowering taxes. Build relationships, but don’t bring Fredo!”

Trump wants NY to drop the lawsuits against him and is using the Global Entry process as the quo. Question you Trumpers on board with a President extorting states with the power of their office for personal favors? What if Trump holds up state funding unless they investigate a rival or arrest an enemy? Don't act like that wouldn't happen. People didn't we'd get this far. This is the very issue that got him impeached.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Throws a nice little alt right utilized "slur" in there at Chris, too. Trump really is a piece of shit.

Whenever we get a next democratic president (I worry it may be a long time), I look forward to all of our "conservative" posters giving he or she the same latitude they've given Trump. I mean, that's what we expect, right?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Throws a nice little alt right utilized "slur" in there at Chris, too. Trump really is a piece of shit.

Whenever we get a next democratic president (I worry it may be a long time), I look forward to all of our "conservative" posters giving he or she the same latitude they've given Trump. I mean, that's what we expect, right?
Conservatives have permanently lowered the standards for themselves on any issue of character, morality, rule of law, standards and ethics. Fuck all of them who have given Trump a pass.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

lol, good luck with that. What will happen is they will go right back to working themselves into a frenzy about things not 1/10th as bad as anything Trump has done so far. What’s really going to be irritating though is that they will point at those minor scandals and say that it’s just the same as whatever Trump was doing. You can count on that.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
lol, good luck with that. What will happen is they will go right back to working themselves into a frenzy about things not 1/10th as bad as anything Trump has done so far. What’s really going to be irritating though is that they will point at those minor scandals and say that it’s just the same as whatever Trump was doing. You can count on that.
Like Obama's tan suit? I see what you mean.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Oh I'm aware. I'm sure the current threads will come in as handy references. That said, as you're saying, they have absolutely no shame in hypocrisy and will claim #bothsides, and that wearing a tan suit is the same as saying we don't want immigrants from shit hole countries.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008

More than likely we'll just convince ourselves that the new President was born in another country and grumble about that for 4-8 years. I might even complain if he/she goes golfing just to be a real hypocrite :)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Or just imagine the next President is someone of high moral character. We can complain we need a racist hater.

Damn that President Klobachur. Why is she obeying the law!!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014

They're going to take the 'high road' and hold you accountable for the slightest transgression. An easy solution would be to always reply with one of the 30000+ tweets trump has in his twitter account. I am not even joking when I say there's one for every occassion

Get ready for laughs
https://www.reddit.com/r/trumpcriticizestrump

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Or it will be like this. Truly amazing
Sarah Sanders Says Without Irony That Michael Bloomberg's Language Is 'Offensive'

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Or it will be like this. Truly amazing
Sarah Sanders Says Without Irony That Michael Bloomberg's Language Is 'Offensive'

But of course. Bloomberg supports a slew of Republican policies. Many that Trump has explicit endorsed. That makes Bloomberg offensive and racist. Fox has been busy attacking him since at least Tuesday. Crystal clear marching orders there. Meanwhile the irony is beyond lost.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But of course. Bloomberg supports a slew of Republican policies. Many that Trump has explicit endorsed. That makes Bloomberg offensive and racist. Fox has been busy attacking him since at least Tuesday. Crystal clear marching orders there. Meanwhile the irony is beyond lost.

It is kind of funny/amazing to see them attacking Bloomberg for policies he USED to endorse that Trump CURRENTLY endorses.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
As a non-American, I'm always happy to see left wing people 'hate' on Trump. It feels to me like there are more haters than lovers but then how he ever won the elections still baffles me. I remember everyone in my environment say 'Americans aren't that stupid, they won't let him win' Only for it to be followed by him winning the elections. Let alone all the stupid shit he's done and said only to still be supported by so many Americans...

What's your guys opninion on him? Very curious about it

Always good to remember that he got millions fewer votes than his opponent, he only won because the system was rigged in his favor.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
As a non-American, I'm always happy to see left wing people 'hate' on Trump. It feels to me like there are more haters than lovers but then how he ever won the elections still baffles me. I remember everyone in my environment say 'Americans aren't that stupid, they won't let him win' Only for it to be followed by him winning the elections. Let alone all the stupid shit he's done and said only to still be supported by so many Americans...

2 words...electoral college. There are enough stupid people in red states

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I sure hope Cuomo tells Trump to go fuck himself, NY-style.

Trump wouldn’t go into that meeting with Global Entry as the only carrot on a stick. Jess got to have something else politically or personally damaging on Cuomo. Think of all the unpublished National Enquirer dirt he has access to, and all his other “intelligence” sources (both domestic and foreign.) Global Entry is just the public “quid”.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

I got up to revision 12 of a response trying to explain in a constructive, insightful way on the whys and hows of american society.
Each one turned out to be a long winded academic exercise that I ended up taking way to seriously.
I give up.
Short answer - With economic success, military might and geography to our advantage keeping baddies at bay....As a rule of thumb, American society is cowardly and dumb as rocks. Fortunately, we have a lot of good people (constantly replenished with people from around the world) keeping the jackasses at bay.

Last edited: