Trump Doesn't Own Most Of The Products He Pitched Last Night

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Maybe Trump has a claim to say he owns it?

If he gave it to his son it may well be in a Trump family trust. In casual terms he could reasonably say he owns it. All the above statement tells us is that Trump and the Trump org and its affiliates have no ownership. It doesn't actually tell us who does own it.

When you have billions and approx 500 businesses the ownership/organizational structure is likely quite complicated.

Fern

So to be clear, you're saying that Trump Wineries saying that Donald Trump doesn't own any part of it doesn't mean that Donald Trump doesn't own any part of it.

So basically they are liars. Either that or the guy who lies basically constantly is a liar. Gee, I wonder which is more likely.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Heh heh.
Trump brings a hilarity to this otherwise boring as hell election year that's unmatched!

I would have thought there was no one on the planet- long before this election- that didn't know Trump was a shameless self-promoter who ONLY cares about shamelessly pushing his name and his various 'businesses'. That's it. That's litterally ALL there is to the man. Everything else is just puff and smoke.

Trump wine, Trump steaks, Trump fucking University, Trump's dumbass TV show where he got to play some sort of 'titan of industry' hiring and firing people in front of cameras... it's all just a load of bullshit!

Yet it just cracks me up no end both sides take any of this shit seriously! The guy is having the biggest laugh of his life, nothing more. I halfway want the guy to win just to keep the joke rolling. He's a self-promoting hack buffoon, but in reality, he's no worse than the other so-called 'serious' candidates (ie: mostly also buffoons) so at least it'd be a funny 4 or 8 years watching people lose their minds.

Ahh the election year circus...

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Yep, this. So what if he doesn't technically own it, he used to and it's still owned by family and his manager at Trump Org. Family is family.

I can't tell if you are just trolling us or not. The positions you take for Trump are very entertaining, so good job if you are messing with us. I'm guessing you believe your parent's own your house (Or car, or iPhone, or computer, or whatever you may own)? Family is family. :D

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I can't tell if you are just trolling us or not. The positions you take for Trump are very entertaining, so good job if you are messing with us. I'm guessing you believe your parent's own your house (Or car, or iPhone, or computer, or whatever you may own)? Family is family. :D
Yeah they do think they own our house, actually. And we didn't get a dime of help from them. It can be annoying but family is family. I enjoy when they stay for a couple of weeks. If they wanted to move in permanently then I'd tell them to chip in so we can get a bigger house with an in-law suite.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Heh heh.
Trump brings a hilarity to this otherwise boring as hell election year that's unmatched!

I would have thought there was no one on the planet- long before this election- that didn't know Trump was a shameless self-promoter who ONLY cares about shamelessly pushing his name and his various 'businesses'. That's it. That's litterally ALL there is to the man. Everything else is just puff and smoke.

Trump wine, Trump steaks, Trump fucking University, Trump's dumbass TV show where he got to play some sort of 'titan of industry' hiring and firing people in front of cameras... it's all just a load of bullshit!

Yet it just cracks me up no end both sides take any of this shit seriously! The guy is having the biggest laugh of his life, nothing more. I halfway want the guy to win just to keep the joke rolling. He's a self-promoting hack buffoon, but in reality, he's no worse than the other so-called 'serious' candidates (ie: mostly also buffoons) so at least it'd be a funny 4 or 8 years watching people lose their minds.

Ahh the election year circus...
Yeah, because Trump didn't pull 213 million off The Apprentice and Trump Org doesn't have 300 million in profit a year. Go look at the numbers, you won't even make 1/300th of what Trump Org made this year in your lifetime. But have fun collecting welfare.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yeah, because Trump didn't pull 213 million off The Apprentice and Trump Org doesn't have 300 million in profit a year. Go look at the numbers, you won't even make 1/300th of what Trump Org made this year in your lifetime. But have fun collecting welfare.

You seem to be very insecure with your small penis (or trumps small penis) because I have no idea what that has to do with the post you quoted.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
More low IQ responses. Low IQ responder voting for low IQ hillary. Sanders is running circles around her tonight

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Fess up.. you went to Trump University *snicker* didn't you? :D

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Eric is the Executive VP of Trump Org so yes Trump owns the winery. Just because it's in Eric's name doesn't mean anything. The other stuff is just licensed. You guys know how that works right? lol. What's next, Melania's skin care products aren't technically in Trump's name so he can't say they're his products? GTFO

I own your car. Just because it is in your name doesn't mean anything. That's how possessions work now.

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005
More low IQ responses. Low IQ responder voting for low IQ hillary. Sanders is running circles around her tonight

Low IQ was the crowd at last night's Trump "town hall" with Hannity. Half the crowd looked straight out of a trailer park.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Low IQ was the crowd at last night's Trump "town hall" with Hannity. Half the crowd looked straight out of a trailer park.
Trump draws the biggest crowds which is all that matters. Anybody that is actually high IQ knows that both parties are fucking us over which is why they're trying so hard to stop Bernie and Trump.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Trump draws the biggest crowds which is all that matters. Anybody that is actually high IQ knows that both parties are fucking us over which is why they're trying so hard to stop Bernie and Trump.

Yep and those high IQ people are so smart that instead of electing politicians who can be bought and paid for, who create laws that help businesses avoid taxes, pay their employees less and outsource their workers and hires illegal immigrants are better off getting rid of the middleman and electing a businessman who buys political favors, pays his employees low wages, and outsources and hires illegal immigrants, and avoids paying taxes, directly. They are so, so smart, elect the very thing you hate with the hope that he will change things! Brilliant! Elect the guy who has more baggage than hillary!

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

I'm not sure how those two sentences connect. I hope you're not saying, that all a good leader needs is the ability to draw large crowds.

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005
I agree ivwshane. Trump is the problem, directly. What is even more troubling is he says he is going to bring in all his business friends to run the government. Seriously people, that would be handing the keys directly to the lobbyists. How is that better than right now? Bernie seems to be the only real choice here if you want the government to move away from corporate interests.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So to be clear, you're saying that Trump Wineries saying that Donald Trump doesn't own any part of it doesn't mean that Donald Trump doesn't own any part of it.

So basically they are liars. Either that or the guy who lies basically constantly is a liar. Gee, I wonder which is more likely.

Parse the statement. If it were owned by a Donald Trump family trust would it be an accurate statement?

I say yes.

Fern

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Parse the statement. If it were owned by a Donald Trump family trust would it be an accurate statement?

I say yes.

Fern

Haha, so basically you're saying it's Schrodinger's Winery. It is simultaneously 100% owned and 0% owned by Donald Trump. An impressive feat!

How about we go with this standard: if a business says it is 0% owned by someone we believe them unless strong evidence to the contrary presents itself. Just say it with me: Trump lied yet again.

Not to mention that he was lying about almost every other product on that stage as well. Doesn't his contempt for his supporters bother you? He clearly thinks that they will swallow anything he says, no matter how hilariously, obviously false.

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005
Haha, so basically you're saying it's Schrodinger's Winery. It is simultaneously 100% owned and 0% owned by Donald Trump. An impressive feat!

How about we go with this standard: if a business says it is 0% owned by someone we believe them unless strong evidence to the contrary presents itself. Just say it with me: Trump lied yet again.

Not to mention that he was lying about almost every other product on that stage as well. Doesn't his contempt for his supporters bother you? He clearly thinks that they will swallow anything he says, no matter how hilariously, obviously false.

Yeah, I don't get what the guys in this thread are trying to prove. Completely remove the winery and there are plenty of lies still there.

Trump owns a steak and water company like I own a textile mill by ordering a gross of t-shirts from Vista Print.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
lol Yeah, it's a shame that Trump supporters can't have high IQs like the Democrats that need other people to pay for their health care, education, day care, cell phone, broadband, birth control . . .

Hey, look at the bright side: Without those low IQ people, all the high IQ people wouldn't have any free government-distributed shit. We can't all be ticks, some of us have to be the dog.

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005
lol Yeah, it's a shame that Trump supporters can't have high IQs like the Democrats that need other people to pay for their health care, education, day care, cell phone, broadband, birth control . . .

Hey, look at the bright side: Without those low IQ people, all the high IQ people wouldn't have any free government-distributed shit. We can't all be ticks, some of us have to be the dog.

Actually, a Trump supporter's IQ is so low they don't even know what is good for them. Most rural and southern folks would immensely benefit from democrat policy. They've been hoodwinked with ideology though.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Actually, a Trump supporter's IQ is so low they don't even know what is good for them. Most rural and southern folks would immensely benefit from democrat policy. They've been hoodwinked with ideology though.
lol Yeah, clearly that's it.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

Are you intentionally acting like an obtuse jackass?

Parse. the. words.

It's a prepared statement, likely for legal purposes, hence I assume it was carefully crafted and examined it accordingly.

Yes, the answers 100% and 0% can both be accurate.

If I put my commercial building in the Fern Family trust can I be said to "own" the building? Yes. However, if I'm dragged into court and someone suing me is trying to get that building can I tell the judge "no, I don't own it" and be accurate? Yes, I can.

Another example: My father owns 100% of XYZ stock, can I say I own 0%? Yes, obviously. However, if the IRS asks me I must say I own 100%. See code section 318. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/318

So yes, like Schrodinger's cat the correct answer can simultaneously be both 0% and 100%.

I'm not trying to argue whether Trump has lied or not. I'm commenting on what appears to be a carefully crafted statement by attorneys.

Fern

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Parse. the. words.

It's a prepared statement, likely for legal purposes, hence I assume it was carefully crafted and examined it accordingly.

If I put my commercial building in the Fern Family trust can I be said to "own" the building? Yes. However, if I'm dragged into court and someone suing me is trying to get that building can I tell the judge "no, I don't own it" and be accurate? Yes, I can.

Another example: My father owns 100% of XYZ stock, can I say I own 0%? Yes, obviously. However, if the IRS asks me I must say I own 100%. See code section 318. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/318

So yes, like Schrodinger's cat the correct answer can simultaneously be both 0% and 100%.

I'm not trying to argue whether Trump has lied or not. I'm commenting on what appears to be a carefully crafted statement by attorneys.

Fern
Nobody's THAT good an actor. lol

However, "Schrodinger's Winery" did make me laugh out loud.

Subyman

Mar 18, 2005

Parse. the. words.

Fern

Dismiss the winery. What about the others?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

Parse. the. words.

Fern

You're getting too cute by half. If he doesn't legally own it, he doesn't own it.

Are we really arguing this? The winery put out a statement saying he doesn't own it. The statement is very very explicit and carefully worded and moreso very surprising that it said what it said. They went out of their way to disavow any association with Donald Trump and any of his affiliates.

The defense of Trump is taking on some epic proportions.

And Fern ask yourself. In the midst of this issue, why would the winery even put out a statement like that?

Last edited: