Trump doesnt have a plan to fight the virus on purpose. He puts the onus onto the state governors to figure out how to move ahead to deflect blame

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Given that NY is the epicenter and having a comparative different result from other states, the answer is, probably not.

Not deflecting away from it. We need national and local leadership to combat this thing. The federal government can set policy, guidelines and provide economic relief, but promoting and enforcing shelter in place guidelines is better managed by the states.

Which explains why states need to fend for themselves & protect their PPE & ventilator supplies from the feds. Badmouth governors & the press. Blame Obama, GM, 3M & everybody else. Scapegoat Fauci. It also explains how Trump says he can force states to end social distancing lockdowns. Oh yeh. You betcha.

You never seem to tire of being an apologist.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Given that NY is the epicenter and having a comparative different result from other states, the answer is, probably not.

Not deflecting away from it. We need national and local leadership to combat this thing. The federal government can set policy, guidelines and provide economic relief, but promoting and enforcing shelter in place guidelines is better managed by the states.
The Federal Government under Trumps direction is not capable of dealing with this pandemic! It is up to the states working together if need be against a Federal Government that so far has promised everything and given nothing!!
Nice try deflecting back to the federal Government!
I

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Which explains why states need to fend for themselves & protect their PPE & ventilator supplies from the feds. Badmouth governors & the press. Blame Obama, GM, 3M & everybody else. Scapegoat Fauci. It also explains how Trump says he can force states to end social distancing lockdowns. Oh yeh. You betcha.

You never seem to tire of being an apologist.
And you never tire of blaming Trump for everything. Has he made mistakes, you betcha. I am not saying otherwise. Dr. Fauci has acknowledged both the things Trump has done wrong and right. I trust his opinion.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Hmm. He's acting as if someone's got his back. I wonder who that could be. Of course all bets are off if the state ends up a total basket case. Or there will be the usual "I've never met DeSantis" line.
I just heard that FL won't peak until the first week of May which is when Trump wants to start his opening.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The daily shit show is in progress. It's official, it's all the WHO's fault and we are defunding it. Problem solved.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You know I never voted for Trump! But with that said -- I have a serious question for those who did vote for Trump.
Did you ever for a moment believe that Trump would put the economy over peoples lives?
Did you for even a moment believe that Trump was unfit and not capable of dealing with a national emergency?
Finally why doesn`t it make you angry that Trump bases his response to various states that need help, by how they treat him???

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Florida's Gov has deemed WWE Wrestling TV shows as an essential business, wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that the owner is Linda McMahon who is in Trump's cabinet.

Just follow the money...

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You know I never voted for Trump! But with that said -- I have a serious question for those who did vote for Trump.
Did you ever for a moment believe that Trump would put the economy over peoples lives?
Did you for even a moment believe that Trump was unfit and not capable of dealing with a national emergency?
Finally why doesn`t it make you angry that Trump bases his response to various states that need help, by how they treat him???
Trump has based his entire presidencey on the Dow Jones Industrial Average, so of course I KNOW he would put that above anyone's life. That is how that sick fucks mind works.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I think his plan is to get up in front of millions of americans each day to read list of people and companies until this blows over.

He is a powerful list reader.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Let me ask you.....why do you think NY had it so bad while western states like CA did much better?

Any ideas besides trashing Cuomo?

Hint: Trump cut off air travel from China Jan. 23. He cut off air travel from Europe on Mar. 11. Given NY is home to two major international air terminals and the U.S.'s primary economic hub......any ideas yet?

Another hint: Cuomo cannot unilaterally cut off international air travel.

Ideas? Any synapses sparking at all?

Thought not......

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Let me ask you.....why do you think NY had it so bad while western states like CA did much better?

Hint: Trump cut off air travel from China Jan. 23. He cut off air travel from Europe on Mar. 11. Given NY is home to two major international air terminals and the U.S.'s primary economic hub......any ideas yet?

Thought not......

not to mention that NYC has a highly developed mass transit system, unlike the rest of the US...which makes it that much easier for the virus to spread.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

Thought not......
Leadership at the state and city level, or in NY’s case, a lack.

NYC is not the only major hub with international airports. LAX had flights pouring in from China and Europe, same as NY

Swing and a miss from you..as usual.