Trump doesnt have a plan to fight the virus on purpose. He puts the onus onto the state governors to figure out how to move ahead to deflect blame

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

Now it’s easy to see why Trump points the finger at governors and mayors...

Not coming up with a plan is a calculated political move on his part.
blaming others for his (many) failures has been working for him so far for the past 3 years. :(

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
What do you expect from a president who declared bankruptcy 4 times?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Again, add it to the list.
Pummel him with the list a week before elections.
Hope for the best.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think it's worse than that. Trump's in the "spell my name right" camp of celebrity where any publicity is good publicity. He f's this up because it keeps his name at the top of the news. There is no reason any President should be in center ring for a pandemic response; that's what the career professions are for. Trump can't stand the idea of any event getting top billing that doesn't involve himself. If people have to die for his ratings, so be it.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Now it’s easy to see why Trump points the finger at governors and mayors...

Not coming up with a plan is a calculated political move on his part.
blaming others for his (many) failures has been working for him so far for the past 3 years. :(
Since the only viable plan seems to be "stay home", does it really matter? I guess we could add "buy toilet paper" to the instructions, but quite honestly, I'm not convinced that's a viable treatment.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Who woulda thunk "burn it all down" is an idiotic way to run a country?
Not the orange menace.
Trump administration has many task forces — but still no plan for beating covid-19

"“Why don’t we let this wash over the country?” Trump asked, according to two people familiar with his comments, a question other administration officials say he has raised repeatedly in the Oval Office.

Fauci initially seemed confused by the term “wash over” but became alarmed once he understood what Trump was asking.

“Mr. President, many people would die,” Fauci said.

The president said he understood but since then has repeatedly made clear he wants to reopen things soon — although significant roadblocks remain."

You see it here folks. The orange menace doesn't give a FF about you or me.
This quotes message above needs to be put into the Biden campaign ads.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Since the only viable plan seems to be "stay home", does it really matter? I guess we could add "buy toilet paper" to the instructions, but quite honestly, I'm not convinced that's a viable treatment.

Greenman doesn't really care, do you?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This far into this and this is the best you can come up with? Willful ignorance never looks good man.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Why would you soil yourself like that in public man. Makes zero sense.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That does seem to be the new excuse, that nothing could be done anyway therefore the massive federal failure here doesn’t matter.
If everything goes butter smooth and we have a vaccine by September, you will be able to measure your losses vs. countries who got it under control up front... That shouldnt serve him well come November.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That does seem to be the new excuse, that nothing could be done anyway therefore the massive federal failure here doesn’t matter.
Unfortunately it is not the new excuse it’s been the line of the ignorant and willfully dishonest since this began.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeh, the Trump presidency is working out better for Putin than he ever imagined it would.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Burial pits are the real answer.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's rather amazing in a horrifying kind of way. Not just that ineptitude of this caliber actually exists, but that it's actually acting from the top during the worst time possible.

Yep, side step diplomacy and the American military both, just poison the country from within. Trump is Putin's version of a ricin filled pellet. America got played, hard, and with republican and NRA assistance.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It's rather amazing in a horrifying kind of way. Not just that ineptitude of this caliber actually exists, but that it's actually acting from the top during the worst time possible.

Yep, side step diplomacy and the American military both, just poison the country from within. Trump is Putin's version of a ricin filled pellet. America got played, hard, and with republican and NRA assistance.
I'd be freaked out if I lived in your world.

• Haha
Reactions: Atreus21