Trump dismisses need for impeachment advisers: 'I'm the team'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
"Here's the thing. I don't have teams, everyone's talking about teams," Trump said. "I'm the team."

Wow. This may just be easier than we thought...

The irony, is, he idiocracies it. He's so blazingly stupid and blatant it's almost impossible to tell if it's bad intentions or just stupidity.

Well hopefully he will stable genius his way to ex-president status.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
There is no version of reality which could possibly be spun to save him. Trump's only defense is what it always has been -- sell outright denial. If enough of the right people want him to have nothing wrong, then they will continue to sell his denial.

But that's not what good lawyers are accustomed to doing. You can't conceive of the denial independently if you are a person who maintains a consistent tie to reality which is nearly everyone in the world and certainly any competent attorney. Strangely if you are in position to sell the denial after that defense has already been communicated, it's a lot easier than you might imagine. A strange phenomena. Someone communicating the denial publicly with a straight face makes the alternate reality a kind of reality that exists solving the conflict preventing coming up with the denial in the first place.

Ironically, Trump being the team is his only chance. But him continuing to win scares the hell out of me.

It may also be why the secrecy is going to be effective. Yeah, a lot is publicly known, but if something substantive exists that hasn't already been disclosed, the chance to formulate and be the first to present a version of things that hasn't yet been conceived of in our minds plays a huge advantage. Once we have crystalized a version of reality that is fully consistent and unopposed, it is much harder to unstick. This is why Trump not knowing what is known is so critical, including not knowing everything that all the people involved in this scam has done or said. He can't assume we know things he doesn't know himself. When he knows release of something damning is inevitable, he'll jump the gun on it (e.g. the transcript) so he has the chance to sell his story before another one is complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
as a foreigner, i feel there will come a day when trump is gone and you will be breathing a sign of relief, and you'll pat yourselves on the back thinking "we're the country that got rid of this ridiculous poresident", but to the rest of the world you will always be the country that elected him and let him ridicule your country for nearly 4 years.

seriously berlusconi ain't goit shit on trump.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
"Trump weighed in Saturday on Kelly's interview with the Washington Examiner, saying in a statement to CNN, "
John Kelly never said that, he never said anything like that. If he would have said that I would have thrown him
out of the office. He just wants to come back into the action like everybody else does." "

Like that lard ass could even stand up to a former Marine never mind throw him anywhere

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
as a foreigner, i feel there will come a day when trump is gone and you will be breathing a sign of relief, and you'll pat yourselves on the back thinking "we're the country that got rid of this ridiculous poresident", but to the rest of the world you will always be the country that elected him and let him ridicule your country for nearly 4 years.

On this note, it baffles me that Trump drones are convinced he'll leave behind a strong legacy, that he'll be warmly remembered in the same light as Reagan (who really shouldn't be venerated) or Lincoln.

Er, no... it's safe to say he'll be remembered as a screw-up and failure; if the US is like the Roman Empire, he'll be its Caligula (or, well, Commodus :grimacing:). Most of what he's done will be undone within months by the next Democrat President. He might just spend his final years in prison, assuming he doesn't flee to Russia or another country that won't extradite him to the US.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
On this note, it baffles me that Trump drones are convinced he'll leave behind a strong legacy, that he'll be warmly remembered in the same light as Reagan (who really shouldn't be venerated) or Lincoln.

Er, no... it's safe to say he'll be remembered as a screw-up and failure; if the US is like the Roman Empire, he'll be its Caligula (or, well, Commodus :grimacing:). Most of what he's done will be undone within months by the next Democrat President. He might just spend his final years in prison, assuming he doesn't flee to Russia or another country that won't extradite him to the US.

His Legacy will be as strong as Adolph's..

1572185014576.png

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No way she actually said that?

She did. Sad but true. It needs to be understood that truth isn't truth in Trumplandia. It's an obsolete concept to right wing propagandists. Jacob Wohl said it rather well-

Wohl said that the veracity of the information he spreads is not important, and that "All that matters is how far those claims travel, and how many people believe them." He further said that truth is an obsolete concept, stating that "It’s something that can’t be thought about in a linear, binary true-false, facts-non-facts – you can’t do that anymore [...] It’s just not the way it works."[21] He defended his attempt to manipulate elections, stating that "It is not illegal, unethical, or untoward for Americans to steer an American election."

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
She did. Sad but true. It needs to be understood that truth isn't truth in Trumplandia. It's an obsolete concept to right wing propagandists. Jacob Wohl said it rather well-
That is nuts. As others have said that's straight up DPRK stuff.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

You think... that we think... that it'll be over when Trump is out of office? Even when he is ex-President we'll have to contend with the voters who put Trump into office. This is the struggle of our life times, for likely the rest of our lives, to contend with a bunch of crazy fanatics sipping their own kool-aid and making up their own set of facts. I'd be more surprised if we don't elect another dredge, similar to Trump, in the next 10-20 years. I mean, I am sure (I hope) that the next Trump has more intelligence, more tact, and pretense of civility to mask the crazy... but there is always more where that came from.

And their resurgence later is especially likely as our divided form of government means that, winning elections fails to grant the victor enough power to actually make a difference. Legislation to fix our huge, glaring, issues is more like a pipe dream than a reality. Then as Trickle Down and Automation continue to crush our people's economic situation, that's just more fuel to the fire on our road to crazy town.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
You think... that we think... that it'll be over when Trump is out of office?
well, you got me.

Trump wasn't exactly intellectual during his electoral campaign, and yet he got voted over potentially much better candidates - better for the GOP, better for the red states. Why on earth did they elect trump in the first place.

Also, consider the impact that this has on American on the world scene.

You get a DEM president, everybody loves you.
You get a GOP president, people demonstrate in the streets.
Next DEM president is gonna have to find a way to convince the kurds that no we totally didn't mean to let you get slaughtered twice and everything is gonna be just fine this time around, promise.
And the Ukrainians.
..and all the international treaties over trade, pollution, political pressures on russia, moderating the middle east major players, your reputation with your european allies.

Because, you know, Germany is gonna play nice with the next president, but they know that it's only for four years because America has these ridiculous mood swings;

Surely it's in the GOP's interest to present a candidate who represents their values in a positive way, no? Surely they must understand that their international reputation is at stake here.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Trump is broke!! he cannot afford a team!!!
Plus if he had a team that means there would be people that he cannot throw under the bus!!!!

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Trump is broke!! he cannot afford a team!!!
Plus if he had a team that means there would be people that he cannot throw under the bus!!!!
Trump's ego has grown so large that there isn't enough space for it and other team members. :p

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
You think... that we think... that it'll be over when Trump is out of office? Even when he is ex-President we'll have to contend with the voters who put Trump into office. This is the struggle of our life times, for likely the rest of our lives, to contend with a bunch of crazy fanatics sipping their own kool-aid and making up their own set of facts. I'd be more surprised if we don't elect another dredge, similar to Trump, in the next 10-20 years. I mean, I am sure (I hope) that the next Trump has more intelligence, more tact, and pretense of civility to mask the crazy... but there is always more where that came from.

And their resurgence later is especially likely as our divided form of government means that, winning elections fails to grant the victor enough power to actually make a difference. Legislation to fix our huge, glaring, issues is more like a pipe dream than a reality. Then as Trickle Down and Automation continue to crush our people's economic situation, that's just more fuel to the fire on our road to crazy town.
I'm more worried about the the judges he names and the hires into agencies for the sole purpose of destroying the government from within, it will take a while to root-out all the bad players and get them removed. we likely will not find them all.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

That is one way to look at it.
Another is that we are all(the west) under assault. There is cracks in our system, if we dont fix them, this experiment fails.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I'm more worried about the the judges he names and the hires into agencies for the sole purpose of destroying the government from within, it will take a while to root-out all the bad players and get them removed. we likely will not find them all.

It will take a while but a real president will put a reverse on that shit.

Kind of like knocking down any wall Cheeto puts up.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
"Trump weighed in Saturday on Kelly's interview with the Washington Examiner, saying in a statement to CNN, "
John Kelly never said that, he never said anything like that. If he would have said that I would have thrown him
out of the office. He just wants to come back into the action like everybody else does." "

Right! :rolleyes:
Kelly wants to come back in and work again for a sleazy slimeball who won't listen to anyone, anyway.
Ha ha ha ha. What a effing liar.

I like the part where Trump threatens that he "would have thrown [Kelly] out of the office" for saying a thing after Kelly was already out of the office....

does Trump mean physically? LoL: fat, girdle-wearing bastard probably can't toss a donut more than 2 feet lest it upset his bonespurs.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

damn, so true.

I can never "but Berlusconi!" to anyone anymore. :(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I mean, I am sure (I hope) that the next Trump has more intelligence, more tact, and pretense of civility to mask the crazy... but there is always more where that came from.

I don't hope that at all. It would likely mean that such a person is vastly more effective than Trump at actually doing the things that Trump brainlessly claims he is doing. I think it was easier for the earlier responsible handlers in Trump's circle to just nod and ignore him, because they knew they were dealing with a moron child. If you replace that guy with an effective, verbal adult, with actual leadership and weight behind his/her requests, then it is much harder for that staff to simply ignore him.

Trump lives in a world of his own fantasy. You just tell him that he is great, that is great commands and dreams have been executed flawlessly, he will simple believe you and move on. That is literally how this fuckball operates, and what makes him so very dangerous in that very ineffective way--it just means he is an easy target for our far more savvy foreign antagonists, like Xi and Putin...and funny enough how true this is: Big Fat 3 (that little dude in DPRNK)...imagine that, the guy in North Korea is observably more stable than our own POTUS. how the fuck did this shit happen?