• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Trump denies the racist origins of looting/shooting by quoting...wait for it....another racist

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I guess by now we've gone from sad to funny. Having to be corrected by the black chick on Fox News has it's own comedic appeal.

“Well it also comes from a very tough mayor,” Trump said, “who might have been police commissioner at the time, but I think mayor of Philadelphia, named Frank Rizzo.”

Frank Rizzo, the former police commissioner and mayor of Philadelphia, whose statue across from city hall was recently removed due to his racist policies, was not known to have said, “When the looting starts, the shooting starts.” Instead, he’s remembered for telling Philadelphia voters to “vote white” in the 1970s. Segregationist presidential candidate George Wallace, on the other hand, was known to use the phrase during his 1968 campaign.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Gotta love this part of the interview:

But Trump, once again, interpreted what the phrase means to him.

“It means two things. Very different things,” Trump said. “One is, if there’s looting, there’s probably gonna be shooting, and that’s not as a threat, that’s really just a fact because that’s what happens. And the other is, if there’s looting there’s going to be shooting. They’re very different meanings.”
What different meanings? Can anyone that interprets Turnip-speak translate? Thanks.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I guess by now we've gone from sad to funny. Having to be corrected by the black chick on Fox News has it's own comedic appeal.

Yep, that's exactly what he did. He either didn't know, because of his colossal ignorance, that Rizzo was a renowned racist, or he did, and didn't care.

Either way, there is really only one thing to do about this: fire his ass.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Situation normal; all f'ed up.
For a fox interview she actually asked him some good question. I am watching the whole interview now and at one point Trump says he has done more for the black community than any other president an alluded to maybe even more than Abe. She tossed out well we are free mister president.He then mumbled something about that he is going to take a pass on Abe. His mind is so demented. He really thinks he is the best at everything.

Reactions: Pohemi420

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I think I got this.

The first interpretation means that if there's looting, there's going to be shooting along with it.
The second interpretation means that if there's looting, there's going to be shooting along with it.

Thank you for that excellent translation. Even a pic of Trump to boot. Bravo!

ASK THE COMMUNITY