Trump contests have no winners except Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Used for a political publicity stunt....
I would be a spectacularly bad choice to use for a political publicity stunt in a situation that involved food, and more importantly, alcohol.
I'd enjoy a meal chatting with any of the people I mentioned though, I'm not sure why you think that would work as a publicity stunt.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think he was referring to the reneging on the prize rather than the prize.

Bingo. Grifters gotta grift. It's compulsive behavior & that's our Donnie!

The whole thing about people being used is amusing. I wonder how many Trump contributors got used imagining that they might get to have lunch with Hair Furor.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Bingo. Grifters gotta grift. It's compulsive behavior & that's our Donnie!

The whole thing about people being used is amusing. I wonder how many Trump contributors got used imagining that they might get to have lunch with Hair Furor.
It's pretty obvious that Trump isn't particularly comfortable with the "common man", theres no way he green lit those prizes. Doesn't excuse whoever organised the competitions though.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Are you saying you have evidence that a Dem President ever ran a scam like this?

I didn't say anything about a scam. I stated who would want to have dinner with a politician.

I wouldn't.
And I damn well wouldn't donate for a chance to do it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I didn't say anything about a scam. I stated who would want to have dinner with a politician.

I wouldn't.

Well, yeh, it's obvious that you want to talk about something, anything, other than this cheesy scam Trump is running on his supporters.

As far as the rest of it goes, I'd be perfectly happy if some politician I support called me up to say I'd won a lunch date with them & would it be OK to do some publicity stuff. Not that I'd condition my support on such a chance in the first place. I wouldn't support them if I didn't want them to win so I'd be happy to do that small thing if they thought it would help.

Stryke1983

Jan 1, 2016

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't pay for it, but I think it would be interesting to have a discussion with an ex-president to get a better insight into such an important role. Their political affiliation wouldn't dissuade me. Trump is the only one I wouldn't want a conversation with and even that's only because he'd be borderline incoherent, would spend the entire time ranting or bragging and would then pretend to go to the bathroom so he could leave me with the bill.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Well, yeh, it's obvious that you want to talk about something, anything, other than this cheesy scam Trump is running on his supporters.

As far as the rest of it goes, I'd be perfectly happy if some politician I support called me up to say I'd won a lunch date with them & would it be OK to do some publicity stuff. Not that I'd condition my support on such a chance in the first place. I wouldn't support them if I didn't want them to win so I'd be happy to do that small thing if they thought it would help.

I made a comment and you wanted to turn it into something else. As usual...

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
There are certainly politicians i'd be inclined to sit down and have a meal with. Trump isn't on the list. Fast food is gross. Plus Trumps a narcissist through and through, a dinner with him would likely be him wanting his ass kissed the whole time.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
First prize - breakfast with Trump!

Second prize - two breakfasts with Trump!

Booby prize - you have to spend the whole day with him!

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I can't wait for him to install a plaque on the Oval Office:

" Donald Trump
Winner: Trump of the Year 1975-2019"