Trump complains about steak

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
OMG Trump eats "well done" steaks. Probably chews with his mouth open also.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I saw an amusing blurb on the Yahoo! news aggregator that purveyors used to intentionally send the Trump restaurant garbage/rotten produce and meat.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Only thing pathetic about that story is the fact he takes his steak well done. What a damn waste. No taste.
OMG Trump eats "well done" steaks. Probably chews with his mouth open also.
AND uses ketchup as a steak sauce YUK, what a waste of meat.
This alone makes him a piece of garbage human being. Nevermind all his rhetoric and hate and lies. The fuckhead eats steak well-done with ketchup. What a classless and tasteless fucktard.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
AND uses ketchup as a steak sauce YUK, what a waste of meat.

AND that its the same meal every single time.

What a horrid, boring diet.

I could only imagine the reaction if he was served a curry. lol

• Haha
Reactions: BUTCH1

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I saw an amusing blurb on the Yahoo! news aggregator that purveyors used to intentionally send the Trump restaurant garbage/rotten produce and meat.
These suppliers were so proud of selling tainted food that they told a reporter about it? And no one in the restaurant noticed? The chief would cook and serve tainted food because he couldn't tell the difference between fresh and rotten meat? And all of this was supposed to be amusing?

Reactions: pcgeek11

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
These suppliers were so proud of selling tainted food that they told a reporter about it? And no one in the restaurant noticed? The chief would cook and serve tainted food because he couldn't tell the difference between fresh and rotten meat? And all of this was supposed to be amusing?
Very amusing. Not condonable, amusing nonetheless.

Reactions: Perknose

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Very amusing. Not condonable, amusing nonetheless.
I guess the funny factor would be based on who got sick and what particular bacteria did it. Personally, I don't get much of a kick out of food poisoning.
I also have more than a little trouble believing that any food service business would do such a thing on purpose. The liability in such a foolish action is huge. If someone actually got sick and died, intent would mean the difference between an insurance payout and many years in jail.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I barely consider his behavior/requests unusual for certain VIP guests though I can see how it is curious to a lot of people.

I've seen behavior so incredibly poor in some settings that I could get away with literal murder at a jury trial if there was video of the events that preceded it.

Personally I find any kind of overly attentive and aware service extremely awkward and undesirable.

His instance on incinerating ever bigger cuts of prime meat however is worthy of much criticism.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
No, it was an interview with the former head chef. He said he had worked at several other restaurants in the area and had very good relationships with his purveyors. As soon as he took the job at Trump he noticed that the shipments from those same purveyors were of much lower quality. He hypothesized that people at the purveyors allocating the shipments did it on purpose.

No bad food was alleged to have been served. No one was alleged to have gotten sick.

The restaurant was inconvenienced and had to spend money to replace suboptimal shipments.

I was amused.

Edited: Adding link.

Last edited:

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I guess the funny factor would be based on who got sick and what particular bacteria did it. Personally, I don't get much of a kick out of food poisoning.
I also have more than a little trouble believing that any food service business would do such a thing on purpose. The liability in such a foolish action is huge. If someone actually got sick and died, intent would mean the difference between an insurance payout and many years in jail.

Why are you upset by this? Won’t the free market handle this issue easily? If they send substandard produce then find a different distributor.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I barely consider his behavior/requests unusual for certain VIP guests though I can see how it is curious to a lot of people.

I've seen behavior so incredibly poor in some settings that I could get away with literal murder at a jury trial if there was video of the events that preceded it.

Personally I find any kind of overly attentive and aware service extremely awkward and undesirable.

His instance on incinerating ever bigger cuts of prime meat however is worthy of much criticism.

Agreed. Being waited on hand and foot is very uncomfortable to me. Not like I've been to fancy places like that very much, just a couple times, but I don't like it. You know, just get the drinks out, put the order in on time, time it so the entrees don't overlap the apps, check on if the food is ok shortly after serving, then just stop by if a drink looks empty. Overly attentive white glove service is just awkward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi and K1052

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
If I was served a well done steak I would probably put ketchup on it also, only way to make it slightly edible.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I work for a foodservice distributor so let me chime in here, what they got was not technically "rotten" produce but more like the oldest they had on hand. You can also tell to a degree the amount of "marbling" a particular primal cut of mesat has, (striploin, ribeye, shortloin, ect.) while it's still in it's vacuum bag, the selectors knew it was going to trump's hotel by the printout pick label and selected the least desirable marbling possible.

Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Your faux concern is obvious and noted. Now shaddup.

Reactions: Meghan54

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I think the chefs misunderstood mumbling Trump, he probably was referring to the stakes of his 2024 election, was much bigger than if his friend ran.