Trump Claims He Is ‘Seriously’ Considering Ending Birthright Citizenship for Children of Illegal Immigrants

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
And since we are going to amend the constitution, why are presidential terms only limited to two?

Roosevelt was elected four times! Why cant Trump?!

Are you that much of an idiot that you have no idea why the 22nd Amendment exists?

The GOP decided as soon as they had power during the post-war period that they would make sure that no one else could ever wield that much power again in the United States, the will of the people be damned. The GOP won most state governorships and assemblies, as well as super-majorities in both the HoR and Senate in order to enact it.

Might I suggest using Google next time so you don't look like an idiot.

Reactions: kage69

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
SCOTUS can't pull decisions out of thin air. As with all common law courts, their decisions must be based both on the law and precedent. With regards to birthright citizenship, both the law and precedent are clear and settled. The law would have to be changed.

As for Roe v Wade, it too is based on the 14a. Just like Heller v DC and McDonald v Chicago. Like I said earlier, be careful what you wish for.
One feeling I have about about glenn1 is that he is empathy deficient the result of which will make the law appear to him to be based, not on any inward sense of justice, but on what way the wind is blowing at the time of adjudication based on a preponderant imbalance or power on the court toward the political left or right. The law then, will appear to be entirely subjective and not rooted in a centuries old climb out of the primordial muck. He is more lizard than mammal. I think it is your acutely evolved heart driven intellect that sets you above his kind of thinking. :wineglass:

Reactions: Vic and ivwshane

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Oh he's seriously considering it?

Well shit.

Let's hope he doesn't "hereby order" it. Those poor invaders will regret the day they messed with The Chosen One.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
And since we are going to amend the constitution, why are presidential terms only limited to two?

Roosevelt was elected four times! Why cant Trump?!

Ya gotta love it when alt-righters are so blazingly fucking stupid they, with an absolute arrogance of ignorance, inadvertently make your case for you and argue against their own... while claiming victory no less.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Ya gotta love it when alt-righters are so blazingly fucking stupid they, with an absolute arrogance of ignorance, inadvertently make your case for you and argue against their own... while claiming victory no less.

Well, how about two terms? ;)