Trump claims he can overrule states on ending COVID-19 shutdowns

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
This violates the 10th Amendment explicitly. This isn't an argument between so called co-equal branches, this isn't the business of Trump in any way and any order is unenforceable, period
Since when has the constitution stopped anyone from trying to exert their will?

So long as the GOP controls the judicial and executive branches, who is going to stop Trump from withholding funds and manipulating the state governments in a major way?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I don't know if you guys have been sleeping or what, but Donald Trump has already been aquitted of a federal crime he absolutely did.
Why are you arguing about what's constitutional or not constitutional? It clearly doesn't matter to him.
We need to vote the piece of shit out and that's seriously our only option.

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
Lies, unfounded conspiracy theories, declarations without a microbe of evidence is not an exchange of ideas. People have told you many times but you keep trolling.
This is yet another emotional response from you, an attack against the poster who doesn't agree with you rather than a simple addressing of the content.

The one time I didn't bother presenting evidence to support a claim, which I found out is sort of a no-no here, it was something you can google for yourself and read. A claim is not evaluated to be true or false based on whether or not a link is posted. It doesn't bother me if you have a problem with that. I learned my lesson but will let you hold that against me forever if doing so makes you feel better.

You seem to be yet another one that's immediately calling someone a troll because they don't agree with you. I'm okay with you doing that, too.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Since when has the constitution stopped anyone from trying to exert their will?

So long as the GOP controls the judicial and executive branches, who is going to stop Trump from withholding funds and manipulating the state governments in a major way?
The courts? They've done it before to Trump when he's tried to withhold funds from states because they defied him on something completely unrelated, e.g. CA refusing to cooperate with attempts to deport people.

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
The courts? They've done it before to Trump when he's tried to withhold funds from states because they defied him on something completely unrelated, e.g. CA refusing to cooperate with attempts to deport people.
...and yet the courts let the feds withhold money from states for choosing to legalize pot (or at least, used to, for ages). What's up with that?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I don't know if you guys have been sleeping or what, but Donald Trump has already been aquitted of a federal crime he absolutely did.
Why are you arguing about what's constitutional or not constitutional? It clearly doesn't matter to him.
We need to vote the piece of shit out and that's seriously our only option.
I'm sure I've never cared as much about an election outcome. I'll be celebrating for weeks if that happens. If it doesn't I will be fighting depression for sure ... by any means necessary.
5f29a72921dd8fdb90f226a583ff4b0d.jpg.max800.jpg

Last edited: