Trump can be sued by police over Jan. 6 riot, Justice Department says

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I rarely thought Trump would pay for the Capitol Building riot or any of his many lies.

There is no one with any kind of authority or the power with the balls to stand up to him. He will continue his hateful and demonic scourge against truth, freedom and decency without letup.

The more folks fulminate and rage against Trump, the farther away he seems to slide from any culpability.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
It could wind up in the SCOTUS in which case a split decision would probably favor Trump. But maybe the four left leaning justices would delay the vote as much as possible. And do unorthodox things like publicly severely criticizing the five who are planning to vote on Trump's side.

Maybe the four will allow orders requested by blue states to form separate security forces to protect any who would defy the SCOTUS ruling. A progressive governor could then proceed with a lawsuit against Trump.

It would be expensive by having to pay the new security force a starting wage of 40-50K per year. But the money would come in including from other countries And left leaning judges could authorize it in defiance of the SCOTUS ruling.

And when the regular authorities move in to physically try to break up those court proceedings well then the blue state run security forces would be there to stop them. Which could lead to a real Civil War 2. All the crisis in the last few years have failed to get a civil war on the level of the one in the 1860s. Maybe this one will he the one. Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Back to our regularly scheduled postings.

• Haha
Reactions: Thump553

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
If only Ruth Bader Ginsburg had as much common sense as she did medical issues, she would have stepped down and allowed Obama to nominate her replacement.

I have no idea why she thought the world would stop spinning if she quit. She was never going to survive another four years.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
If only Ruth Bader Ginsburg had as much common sense as she did medical issues, she would have stepped down and allowed Obama to nominate her replacement.

I have no idea why she thought the world would stop spinning if she quit. She was never going to survive another four years.
I would agree under normal, non-fuckery circumstances, but....

Did you forget what happened with his nomination of Merrick Garland to the SCOTUS? What would have made a 2nd nomination any different?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I would agree under normal, non-fuckery circumstances, but....

Did you forget what happened with his nomination of Merrick Garland to the SCOTUS? What would have made a 2nd nomination any different?
When she was asked to step down democrats controlled the senate so they could confirm anyone they wanted.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
When she was asked to step down democrats controlled the senate so they could confirm anyone they wanted.
It was earlier in his term then, as opposed to the attempted nomination of Garland which was in Obama's last year.

I did not remember her being 'asked' to step down that early, so yeah...I was mistaken.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It was earlier in his term then, as opposed to the attempted nomination of Garland which was in Obama's last year.

I did not remember her being 'asked' to step down that early, so yeah...I was mistaken.
Yes, sadly she did not listen and her arrogance led to the current court that is energetically dismantling her legacy.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi