Trump campaign lawyer calls for the assasination of the former US Cybersecurity cheif.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
While Trump didn't say it DiGenova should have immediately fired. Trump won't do it because he supports violence while at the same time claiming to be for "law and order". Another one to add to my Trump whatabout thread. Now Chris Krebs has to take legal action to protect himself.

diGenova, a lawyer for the president's re-election campaign, called for the former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) to "be drawn and quartered, taken out at dawn and shot."

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I notice silence from all the Trumpers in this forum. Well at least one republican is doing the right thing.
Sterling, a Republican, grew visibly emotional as he described an incident in which a video of a Dominion Voting Machines contractor in Gwinnett County was spread online with claims of vote manipulation. After the video circulated, the man was accused of treason and found a noose outside his house. The man's family members have received death threats, Sterling said.

Georgia election official pleads with Trump and Republicans to 'stop inciting acts of violence' - CNNPolitics

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
While Trump didn't say it DiGenova should have immediately fired. Trump won't do it because he supports violence while at the same time claiming to be for "law and order". Another one to add to my Trump whatabout thread. Now Chris Krebs has to take legal action to protect himself.

Well, in normal times, this would simply be dismissed as the hyperbole that it is. Any *reasonable* person would know that this is not a literal statement. Unfortunately a lot of Trump's more "enthusiastic" base is far from reasonable, and this type of statement could indeed incite violence.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
He and many of Trumps lawyers behavior prove they are unfit, and the bar association should revoke their law licenses.
Have to say I am glad Bill Barr finally spoke up that they found no evidence of significant fraud in the election. About time somebody spoke up, but I didnt think it would be Barr. I guess he knows he will be out of a job soon, so is trying to look like he has a semblance of truthfulness at least. It is just criminal that McConnell and some of the other Republican leaders have not stepped up and said it is time for all the absurd lawsuits to stop.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Have to say I am glad Bill Barr finally spoke up that they found no evidence of significant fraud in the election. About time somebody spoke up, but I didnt think it would be Barr. I guess he knows he will be out of a job soon, so is trying to look like he has a semblance of truthfulness at least. It is just criminal that McConnell and some of the other Republican leaders have not stepped up and said it is time for all the absurd lawsuits to stop.
Probably safe to say that Trump has already called for Chief Judge Beryl Howell to be fired. Will Barr roll over like a good lapdog, or demonstrate a little character?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
He and many of Trumps lawyers behavior prove they are unfit, and the bar association should revoke their law licenses.
Idiots like Giuliani, Powell for incompetence. Barr, Starr and Dershowitz for how they twisted the rule of law. DiGenova and forget name of other impeachment lawyer for being pond scum.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I guess its better than joining in with the crazy rudy gang, but this isn't any redemption for him acting
like the orange menace's flunky stooge for the past 18 months.

History will not look kindly on bill barr.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Imagine if an Obama lawyer said anything like this. Republican lawmakers would have rightfully flipped their shit.

Instead Democrats are polite. They should start calling these filth what they are. It's pathetic

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Looks like Barr, being so adept at heading off and piloting soft landings for his client Donny Dipshit insofar as criticisms and accusations aimed Trump's way go, is trying to maneuver his own way back into the real world while attempting to escape unscathed from the fantasy world he and Trump lorded over for such an interminable period of time. He's burned off whatever credibility and integrity he had as Trump's Diaper Duty Dingus and personal attorney and so sorry (not) Bill there's no coming back from that EVER. You got the Trump brand burned on your forehead. Live with it Bill, you asked for it. Your name should live in infamy in our American history books along with Trump, McConnell and their millions of enablers.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
"...should be shot" isn't something that he should have said. This administration is festering corruption, has been since way before Jan. 20, 2017. I wish I could say I'm optimistic. I used to be an optimistic person. I hate to think I'm just going sour, but I have to think that pessimism may be warranted these days. I like Biden's tone... but will he get the traction he needs?
Hopefully no longer "attorney Joe diGenova" but "former attorney Joe diGenova".
Yeah, if that doesn't get him disbarred, what will???????????

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Looks like Barr, being so adept at heading off and piloting soft landings for his client Donny Dipshit insofar as criticisms and accusations aimed Trump's way go, is trying to maneuver his own way back into the real world while attempting to escape unscathed from the fantasy world he and Trump lorded over for such an interminable period of time. He's burned off whatever credibility and integrity he had as Trump's Diaper Duty Dingus and personal attorney and so sorry (not) Bill there's no coming back from that EVER. You got the Trump brand burned on your forehead. Live with it Bill, you asked for it. Your name should live in infamy in our American history books along with Trump, McConnell and their millions of enablers.
Yeah, he's evidently trying to crawl his way back to credibility, but it's too little too late.
McConnell's all about policy, obstruction, agenda, legislative (and if necessary legal) maneuvers. He will not get philosophical, moral, emotional. It's outside of his sphere of mental and professional activity. Have you witnessed any humanity from that creature? I have not.
Probably safe to say that Trump has already called for Chief Judge Beryl Howell to be fired. Will Barr roll over like a good lapdog, or demonstrate a little character?
From here until Jan. 20, that's what you can expect from him... hints of character. Not the real thing. The most I'm hoping for from him is refusal to do Trump's bidding. I think we'll get some of that.

Edit: Just watched the video. That guy Sterling's awesome.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I don't get how you 'take someone out at dawn' to shoot them, after you've already 'drawn and quartered' them. That seems to be doing things in the wrong order.

From wiki (not for the faint of heart...probably needs one of those "trigger warnings" in case anyone has previously been put to death and then returned to haunt AT forums for all eternity)

To be hanged, drawn and quartered was a punishment in England used for men found guilty of high treason.

The full punishment was made up of the following - the victim was:
  1. Dragged, usually by a horse, on a wooden frame to the place where he was to be publicly put to death. This is one possible meaning of drawn.[1] A more likely meaning of drawn is the removal of the inner organs.[2]
  2. Hanged by the neck for a short time or until almost dead (hanged).
  3. Removed from hanging and placed on a table. Still alive, the victim was cut open in the abdomen and his intestines and sex organs removed (this is another meaning of drawn—see the reference to the Oxford English Dictionary below). The removed organs were burned in a flame, prepared close to the prisoner.[3]
  4. The victim's head was cut off, and the rest of the body hacked into four parts or quarters (quartered).

So, as he didn't mention hanging, the idea was to chop them up into bits, including decapitation, and _then_ take them out and shoot them? Seems like overkill.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I don't get how you 'take someone out at dawn' to shoot them, after you've already 'drawn and quartered' them. That seems to be doing things in the wrong order.

From wiki (not for the faint of heart...probably needs one of those "trigger warnings" in case anyone has previously been put to death and then returned to haunt AT forums for all eternity)

So, as he didn't mention hanging, the idea was to chop them up into bits, including decapitation, and _then_ take them out and shoot them? Seems like overkill.

I remember being told in junior high school that drawn and quartered was simply having a rope attached to each of your 4 limbs, and to each rope a horse was hooked up. Then they just told the horses to pull until things became un-attached. That could be wrong, or just another method.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

I can't imagine the disciplinary arm of our legal system continuing to be valid if this guy or Sydney Powell retain their licenses. That mechanism operates at a seemingly slow but deliberate pace, but historically it has been through and effective. Giuliani probably has problems as well, but politics and age work very much into his case. If he signed any of those three dozen plus frivolous lawsuits the Trump campaign recently filed, he has real problems of bar action regardless of what happens to his potential criminal problems or any pardon.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Depends who's AG. With Barr, maybe not.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Dems reported him to the Bar.

His defense: I was kidding when I said we should kill that guy.

Reactions: esquared