Trump Calls Storm Response in Puerto Rico, Where 3,000 Died, ‘One of the Best’

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Now compare that statement with his comment on Hurricane Katrina...
Hurricane Maria was not a "real catastrophe" like Hurricane Katrina.....During a press briefing at an air base, Trump compared the casualties of the two major storms, suggesting that Katrina's death toll of 1,833 made it more of a legitimate crisis than Maria...."Every death is a horror," he began. "But, if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died and you look at what happened here with really a storm that was just totally overpowering

At the time the official death count was seventeen even though people across the island were telling them otherwise. Now the truth is revealed what is the reaction from Trump?

Pat himself on the back. What a fuckwad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/11/us/trump-puerto-rico-maria-response.html

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
This is Trump's 9/11 level event, except the death toll is so high not because of terrorists, but because of gross incompetence of the government. Unfortunately this won't last more than a few new cycles because of all the other crazy shit going on.

Babies in cages only got attention for a week or two.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
From his perspective, he's right. But then he's a graduate of the Adolph Hitler School Of Human Relations With Brown People.

Very few whites died, so he sees the hurricane as a win-win situation.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
He keeps bringing it up unprompted like he's going to personally change the fact that the response/recovery was bungled and 3K people died by sheer force of will.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
If he thinks the response was so great, let's get him to the frontlines of Hurricane Florence... while the hurricane is still there.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Unfortunately, I worry not many care. I don't see this as an issue driving anyone to the polls, but I hope I'm naive and wrong (which happens with regularity) .

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
I certainly don't agree with Trump's statement about the response being the best ever. Some of the companies that went in there to "fix" problems were just as corrupt and incapable as the politicians. The response was also slow, and Trump's nasty attitude didn't help. The whole thing was a disaster.

Taking a step back from the politics though, the Puerto Rican catastrophe, combined with the events that also lead up to the disaster in New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina, should be a wake up call regarding the status of our current infrastructure. While category 4 hurricanes are devastating regardless, the catastrophe in Puerto Rico was aided by the territory's neglect of its own power, water, sewer, and transportation systems.

The bottom line is, our infrastructure is what allows us to have significantly greater populations than what the land would naturally allow on its own. It was true in Rome, it is true in London, and it's true in America. When we neglect it, and then something happens that disrupts that infrastructure, what do we think is going to happen? We live in the 21st century, and we have thousands of human history behind us to learn from the importance of proper infrastructure management, and how neglect costs lives. Is absolutely unacceptable that anyone dies because of that in today's age.

Reactions: UglyCasanova

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Did you hear? Hurricane Florence is a Cat 4 but no injuries or fatalities reported in the US. No displaced families or property damage at all! FEMA is doing a heck of a job! Greatest hurricane response ever! And that's even before it makes landfall Incredible!

I, for one, certainly feel more informed after watching Trump warn about Florence.. Did you know Mother Nature is bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4w3YYByFA&feature=youtu.be

Of course this needs to be the biggest and worst storm ever, because everything is the biggest and bestest when it happens to Trump. It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water.

Reactions: jman19

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I certainly don't agree with Trump's statement about the response being the best ever. Some of the companies that went in there to "fix" problems were just as corrupt and incapable as the politicians. The response was also slow, and Trump's nasty attitude didn't help. The whole thing was a disaster.

Taking a step back from the politics though, the Puerto Rican catastrophe, combined with the events that also lead up to the disaster in New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina, should be a wake up call regarding the status of our current infrastructure. While category 4 hurricanes are devastating regardless, the catastrophe in Puerto Rico was aided by the territory's neglect of its own power, water, sewer, and transportation systems.

The bottom line is, our infrastructure is what allows us to have significantly greater populations than what the land would naturally allow on its own. It was true in Rome, it is true in London, and it's true in America. When we neglect it, and then something happens that disrupts that infrastructure, what do we think is going to happen? We live in the 21st century, and we have thousands of human history behind us to learn from the importance of proper infrastructure management, and how neglect costs lives. Is absolutely unacceptable that anyone dies because of that in today's age.

Remember when Il Douche said he'd fix all the infrastructure and it would create sooo many jobs? That was before the two trillion dollar tax scam.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Did you hear? Hurricane Florence is a Cat 4 but no injuries or fatalities reported in the US. No displaced families or property damage at all! FEMA is doing a heck of a job! Greatest hurricane response ever! And that's even before it makes landfall Incredible!

I, for one, certainly feel more informed after watching Trump warn about Florence.. Did you know Mother Nature is bad?

Of course this needs to be the biggest and worst storm ever, because everything is the biggest and bestest when it happens to Trump. It's tremendously big and tremendously wet, tremendous amounts of water.

Trump was thinking of something else when he said tremendously big and tremendously wet.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
He might be looking at it from a "how many minorities were killed" standpoint when he says the best.

Thank God you said it first, because I was thinking the same thing and scared to be that callous. But I don't think it's far from the truth, at least in his unconscious mind.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
At the time the official death count was seventeen even though people across the island were telling them otherwise. Now the truth is revealed what is the reaction from Trump?

Pat himself on the back. What a fuckwad.

Narcissism and detachment from reality can put on quite the... show.

Look for his lemmings to want to downplay the casualties and up-sell you on the shitty American response. They identify with Trump, and their Egos will have it no other way.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It's also a wake-up call on climate change, as this has led to hurricanes moving slowly and causing massive flooding by just sitting in one place. Of course, I don't expect climate change deniers to wake up anytime soon. I think they sleep with propofol. Probably more likely to OD on the stuff than wake up.

Jan 25, 2011
Thank God you said it first, because I was thinking the same thing and scared to be that callous. But I don't think it's far from the truth, at least in his unconscious mind.
At this point it’s reasonable. He’s shown nothing but contempt at at the best indifference to anything involving minorities. Hell he didn’t even mention when a black man stopped a mass shooting with his bare fucking hands for a month but has launched into several tirades when a minority perpetrated one within minutes.

There’s something to it for sure.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

Jesus christ is this shit for real?

"It's called mother nature. You never know. But we know. We love you all."

What the fuck is this shit?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
I dont care that trumpo says these bullshit statements. What pisses me off is that people still applaud him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OxwOsHHsv8I&t=318s

Here seth myers is making fun of dumbos "arrest the op ed traitor" speech. Its fucking shocking that YOU CAN HEAR PEOPLE APPLAUDING TRUMP. How ! Explain HOW you can still have people who think trump is actually right !!! A teenager with down syndrome would be smart enough to understand trump is full of shit. How im gods name have you managed to produce a population of voters so fucking delusional to think trump is anything but an idiot.

/rage