Trump breaks up with Kim, calls off summit after VP is mildly insulted. Might make up later. Update

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
My opinion was stated, the present administration has gutted the State Department. The articles provide factual information to back up my opinion. They apparently don't meet your apparent high standards of journalism so you refuse to read them. Your issue, not mine. :)
You stated your opinion, then I gave an opinion, to which you replied only to complain that I didn't read your links. My interpretation continues to be that leftist State employees are leaving in a petulant huff instead of toughing it out and serving their country. It's all too common lately to see ideology placed in front of country, when it should instead be way down the list of priorities. Those people deserve to be flushed from the system, because they are part of what's wrong with our political establishment.

Nov 25, 2013
You stated your opinion, then I gave an opinion, to which you replied only to complain that I didn't read your links. My interpretation continues to be that leftist State employees are leaving in a petulant huff instead of toughing it out and serving their country. It's all too common lately to see ideology placed in front of country, when it should instead be way down the list of priorities. Those people deserve to be flushed from the system, because they are part of what's wrong with our political establishment.

It's obvious that you don't actually understand what's going on and that you don't care to. You can stop making repeating yourself anytime now.

btw, hail Trump!

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
It's obvious that you don't actually understand what's going on and that you don't care to. You can stop making repeating yourself anytime now.

btw, hail Trump!
It's obvious you don't care to consider points of view that conflict with your pre-established notions. But I will join the conversation once in a while anyway, if you don't mind.

And I won't snidely make assumptions about who you support, either.

Nov 25, 2013
It's obvious you don't care to consider points of view that conflict with your pre-established notions. But I will join the conversation once in a while anyway, if you don't mind.

And I won't snidely make assumptions about who you support, either.

You should take this shtick on the road. I think you might have a career as a (bad) stand up comic.

Nov 25, 2013
Hmm, it's a shame that you want to go down this road. I'm afraid I won't be joining you, though.

What, you're still here? Don't you have some cultural marxists to root out of the swamp? I know that it's dirty work but someone has to do it and I'm sure you do a wonderful job.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Leftist, Leftist, Leftist! That's like McCarthy's claim of 200 Commies in the State Dept. Purge the Heretics!

That allegation couldn't be substantiated if your life depended upon it.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I guess I could just keep on quoting your posts, they seem to be doing a better job of revealing your nature than anything I could accomplish myself.
What, you're still here? Don't you have some cultural marxists to root out of the swamp? I know that it's dirty work but someone has to do it and I'm sure you do a wonderful job.

Nov 25, 2013
I guess I could just keep on quoting your posts, they seem to be doing a better job of revealing your nature than anything I could accomplish myself.

As good a job as your words do?

"My interpretation continues to be that leftist State employees are leaving in a petulant huff instead of toughing it out and serving their country. It's all too common lately to see ideology placed in front of country, when it should instead be way down the list of priorities. Those people deserve to be flushed from the system, because they are part of what's wrong with our political establishment."

Get the scary "leftists" and root them out. C'mon, get busy now.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Leftist, Leftist, Leftist! That's like McCarthy's claim of 200 Commies in the State Dept. Purge the Heretics!

That allegation couldn't be substantiated if your life depended upon it.
Oh, cmon, I don't see Reds under the bed, that's the Democrat's job now.

It's just my opinion regarding what is happening at State, and you are right that it can't be proven. Time will tell.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
As good a job as your words do?

"My interpretation continues to be that leftist State employees are leaving in a petulant huff instead of toughing it out and serving their country. It's all too common lately to see ideology placed in front of country, when it should instead be way down the list of priorities. Those people deserve to be flushed from the system, because they are part of what's wrong with our political establishment."

Get the scary "leftists" and root them out. C'mon, get busy now.
Um, I don't mean leftist in an insulting way, particularly. Is there a different term I could use that won't get your guys' knees all jerky?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Oh, cmon, I don't see Reds under the bed, that's the Democrat's job now.

It's just my opinion regarding what is happening at State, and you are right that it can't be proven. Time will tell.

You're just here to support the Supreme Leader by tearing down anybody who stands against the insanity of his actions. The notion that this is because of leftists in the State Dept is absurd.

"Just my opinion" is becoming the conservative way of saying "I don't have to make sense & you can't make me, so there!"

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
You're just here to support the Supreme Leader by tearing down anybody who stands against the insanity of his actions. The notion that this is because of leftists in the State Dept is absurd.

"Just my opinion" is becoming the conservative way of saying "I don't have to make sense & you can't make me, so there!"
I'm more of a devil's advocate than anything. Most of the threads in here contain little in the way of dissent.

In reality I have a hard time supporting most political figures, since 99% of what comes out of their mouths is simply irrational, but I'll concede that the way I participate tends to makes me look like a Trump fluffer. I guess that's just the way it's going to be, although having those kinds of incorrect notions about people reduces the possibility of a useful interaction drastically.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Um, I don't mean leftist in an insulting way, particularly. Is there a different term I could use that won't get your guys' knees all jerky?

It's a bullshit way to put it in terms of partisan politics. Career diplomatic corps people are highly apolitical. They just can't stomach Trump.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
It's a bullshit way to put it in terms of partisan politics. Career diplomatic corps people are highly apolitical. They just can't stomach Trump.

I'm a little curious about your assertion, of course diplomats would be likely to profess their non-partisanship, to what extent that carries through to job performance would be pretty tricky to measure.

It's not me that's injecting partisan politics into everything, I'm just observing that it's become pervasive. Occam's razor leads to an obvious conclusion that left-ish people and probably some never-Trumpers are the ones leaving.

It doesn't even seem like a controversial opinion to me, but whatever.

Nov 25, 2013
I'm a little curious about your assertion, of course diplomats would be likely to profess their non-partisanship, to what extent that carries through to job performance would be pretty tricky to measure.

It's not me that's injecting partisan politics into everything, I'm just observing that it's become pervasive. Occam's razor leads to an obvious conclusion that left-ish people and probably some never-Trumpers are the ones leaving.

Just a reminder, you were actually provided with links that had information on what's been going on. Links that you refuse to look at.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Just a reminder, you were actually provided with links that had information on what's been going on. Links that you refuse to look at.
I skimmed some of it. There didn't seem to be anything concrete that would directly contradict my supposition. I wanted to look at the NY times article, but I don't want to subscribe.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Which means it's not a partisan thing at all when staunch conservatives & so called leftists agree that Trump is an abomination. Restoring our credibility in the realm of diplomacy will be a daunting task after he's gone.

Renunciation of the JCPOA serves this country not at all. The list of impossible demands from Pompeo indicates that they intend no future progress, either. It's a challenge to Iran to renounce the agreement & the NPT, develop nuclear weapons they apparently are willing to live without otherwise. If they do, then what? Start a war, effectively close the Strait of Hormuz cutting off 20% of the world's oil?

Nearly the whole world would stand against us, one way or another. What a great idea, huh?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I do recall that throughout the history of the state department that people complained that it was a leftist organization. I'm sure its why existing employees are complaining about nothing to do because trump knows they will just sabotage him.

Thank god for people like you though, who call it like you see it. You feel it so you know it must be true, facts be damned!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I skimmed some of it. There didn't seem to be anything concrete that would directly contradict my supposition. I wanted to look at the NY times article, but I don't want to subscribe.

In Firefox, right click the link, select "open in a new private window" from the drop down menu. Voila.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Which means it's not a partisan thing at all when staunch conservatives & so called leftists agree that Trump is an abomination. Restoring our credibility in the realm of diplomacy will be a daunting task after he's gone.

Renunciation of the JCPOA serves this country not at all. The list of impossible demands from Pompeo indicates that they intend no future progress, either. It's a challenge to Iran to renounce the agreement & the NPT, develop nuclear weapons they apparently are willing to live without otherwise. If they do, then what? Start a war, effectively close the Strait of Hormuz cutting off 20% of the world's oil?

Nearly the whole world would stand against us, one way or another. What a great idea, huh?
Many Democrats were against it in 2015, when a majority of Congress passed INARA with a veto-proof majority; a great number of Democrats having grave concerns about the deal. I don't think Iran has given up its nuclear ambitions, they just want time to get better at hiding them.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Many Democrats were against it in 2015, when a majority of Congress passed INARA with a veto-proof majority; a great number of Democrats having grave concerns about the deal. I don't think Iran has given up its nuclear ambitions, they just want time to get better at hiding them.

Yeh, Congress voted to have the right to review the deal in a non-binding way-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Nuclear_Agreement_Review_Act_of_2015

Shee-it, Sherlock- that was one of the safest votes ever because it didn't do a damned thing but it made 'em all feel good.

Nice innuendo wrt Iran,as well. They rushed to comply with the deal & the IAEA tells us that they've complied entirely. It's good for them as far as they're concerned. It seems highly unlikely that they'll do anything to screw it up even past the point where they can produce LEU once again. With the deal, they'll be a full partner in the world economy by then which is what they've wanted all along, to get out from under sanctions in place since their revolution in 1978.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes, He isn't a Democrat.

So, further proof that he's a moron. Demographically, you do realize that the poorly educated support republicans at a significantly greater rate than they do republicans, right? And Trump at a disturbingly high rate within that line.

I asked for evidence, you again provided a feels argument that explicitly rejects the exact type of evidence used to make such arguments, regardless of how thin it is, it's what we have.

Go back to school, gramps. :D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Trump throws a fit because of nothing, calls off the meeting, looks so stupid that even he has to reverse course, and now it may be back on? Kim not only looks responsible but sane, while the US is no longer credible, at all.

dude guys this is such a win! Moon and Kim only met in secret because Trump is such a brilliant negotiator to call things off. So Smart. So Brain.

Winning!