Trump blames Constitution's ‘phony Emoluments Clause’ for G-7 debacle

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
The putrid, traitorous orange orangutan says part of the constitution is phony.
“You people with this phony Emoluments Clause,” the president said.

I guess its phony when it interferes with your agenda of lining your pockets while selling
USA to your master vlad.
I doubt that this dumb mofo has ever read the constitution

The emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 8) that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives. The clause provides that:No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

The Constitution also contains a “domestic emoluments clause” (Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 7), which prohibits the president from receiving any “Emolument” from the federal government or the states beyond “a Compensation” for his “Services” as chief executive.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So the Trump's essentially saying that the Constitution is phony. So surprised.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
After he backs out he claimed he would have done it for free... right. How about not charging the US Government for the rest of the time spent at your properties?

Reactions: Aegeon and Pohemi

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Once again the orange pussbag draws attention to how astoundingly ignorant he really is.

Once again his base will lap it up and blame the libtards for the lack of MAGA and blocking the wanna be strong man from his desires.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
After he backs out he claimed he would have done it for free... right. How about not charging the US Government for the rest of the time spent at your properties?
Free, but the Secret Service has to pay normal rates for everything? Doesn't that include free?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Who knew that all those forefathers we built monuments to and have revered as great men for all these years were actually stupid morons who put shit in the constitution that get in the way of me making money. I mean, who knew? What the fuck is wrong with them. We need a rewrite badly. I could make it perfect. It's who I am.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm guessing trump supporters will either ignore his latest rant or they will try to justify it.

Lets see who has the balls.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Remember when our President was a professor of Constitutional Law?

1155968404_5262771909001_5262769347001-vs.jpg

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
As if he wouldn't personally profit from it even if he did it for free or at cost. Or that Trump can be trusted to actually pay for something he has agreed to pay for.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
If Trump repeats over and over again that whatever portions of the Constitution he doesn't like are "phony," pretty soon conservatives will be able to read the document cover to back and not remember those portions were even there.

See Orwell, "doublethink."

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What’s interesting is that by saying he would have done it for ‘free’ (LOL) he is accepting that foreign payments to his hotels are illegal or at least problematic. If that’s the case then his DC hotel has some serious issues to account for.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What’s interesting is that by saying he would have done it for ‘free’ (LOL) he is accepting that foreign payments to his hotels are illegal or at least problematic. If that’s the case then his DC hotel has some serious issues to account for.

His DC hotel is kinda different. It's one thing for movers & shakers to stay there on their own money to curry favor from the Hair Furor. Totally sleazy, but it doesn't cost the taxpayers anything. It's another to direct that US govt funds be spent to bolster the President's resort. That's a different level.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
His DC hotel is kinda different. It's one thing for movers & shakers to stay there on their own money to curry favor from the Hair Furor. Totally sleazy, but it doesn't cost the taxpayers anything. It's another to direct that US govt funds be spent to bolster the President's resort. That's a different level.

While I agree it is MORE corrupt to do this, that doesn’t make his DC hotel any less of a violation.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
He also said today that what is happening with impeachment can’t be what the founders intended.

I’m sure when the Trumpstrum are being quartered in the trailer parks of the nation his voters will know that’s not what the founders intended with the third either.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
While I agree it is MORE corrupt to do this, that doesn’t make his DC hotel any less of a violation.
62M Americans knew he was a crooked sleazeball when they voted for him the first time. They didn't care. Maybe they'll care more next time around.

Feb 16, 2005
jfc... how long is going to take to disinfect the whitehouse, clear the vagrants out of congress and basically fix everything this dotard has touched?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
You are forgetting that this is also him admitting that he still has full control over the company as well. Even though he claimed to be putting it in a blind trust.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
You are forgetting that this is also him admitting that he still has full control over the company as well. Even though he claimed to be putting it in a blind trust.

Yeah, I had the same thought. All the more reason that his claims that being president has cost him billions of dollars is a load of bull. I think he is more hands off about the day to day trivial type stuff, but to think he isn't thinking about his business interests while making decisions as president is laughable. I think it might be a good idea to get rid of some of the exceptions to the Ethics in Government Act.