Trump Bans woke racism aka Critical Race theory from federal agencies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The relevant question would be is he refusing to take medication that's been advised by a professional or has he refused to seek further treatment after advice, because if he is on medication it's clearly not working.

Believe it or not, my question was serious. I have a theory that some medicines older people take messes with their mental state. For example it is a known fact that a lot more white males have been committing suicide and we know that older people are more susceptible to fear and hate (aka Fox News). I think our aging population and the medication they take might be related. At first I suspected something like a slow poisoning from lead due to our weakening infrastructure (see Detroit) but if that were true then we should see similar symptoms from all age groups.

I suspect that as the boomer population grows older and becomes more medicated we will start to see an even higher level of anxiety and irrationality from them.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Believe it or not, my question was serious. I have a theory that some medicines older people take messes with their mental state. For example it is a known fact that a lot more white males have been committing suicide and we know that older people are more susceptible to fear and hate (aka Fox News). I think our aging population and the medication they take might be related. At first I suspected something like a slow poisoning from lead due to our weakening infrastructure (see Detroit) but if that were true then we should see similar symptoms from all age groups.

I suspect that as the boomer population grows older and becomes more medicated we will start to see an even higher level of anxiety and irrationality from them.
It just what happens when some people get old. They get rigid in their thinking, less open to new ideas and more invested in defending entrenched ideas they already have. They are also terrible at recognising scams and legitimate sources of information. A lot of people make a lot of money by exploiting this.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You are assuming a good faith that doesn't exist. I've been here long enough to know what matters, they simply do not care. Its why I posted the Breitbart source, they wouldn't care if I had posted NYT, this is how things are now. They won't take the word of a Sandia engineer, there is no well to poison, they were lost long ago. I'm done playing the game of ceding ground to the lost, using the losing frame that only their sources are legitimate, as they won't even listen to their own sources.

why do you assume that the word of a Sandia engineer, simply by virtue of being a Sandia engineer, is unassailable by default? Your failure to recognize that base fallacy is laughable, especially considering that you believe yourself to be reasonable and informed.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
So, you're arguing that it's perfectly valid when you do it to support an argument, but invalid when your opponent points it out to you that this is what you are doing?

What a world your brain must inhabit.
Oreos is a very good example of how a right-wing authoritarian compartmentalizes information and then zealously screams the parts that he agrees with, claiming the conclusion is actually the argument.

The only thing Oreos is really good for is a peak inside the compartmentalized, paranoid brain of a zealous right-wing authoritarian.

Last edited:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
why do you assume that the word of a Sandia engineer, simply by virtue of being a Sandia engineer, is unassailable by default? Your failure to recognize that base fallacy is laughable, especially considering that you believe yourself to be reasonable and informed.
If I had meme chops, I'd make a Neil DeGrasse Tyson meme " Ohhh Sandia Engineer Badass"

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

It doesn't rely on the word of a Sandia engineer.

It either exists or it doesn't, he's just a whistle blower.

Partisan Ideological indoctrination camps at work places are wrong, never mind when they are government supported. Its just telling how far the left has fallen when they used to be the ones complaining about "god" on the money or the 10 commandments being anywhere court grounds.

That something this base level has to be explained means there is no grounds for discussion.

This should have been done long ago.

And now to take the left at their word.
Department of Education to investigate Princeton after president admits to 'systemic racism'
or were they being insincere the entire time...

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You link to sources that lie to you. Hell one of them just got done arguing that their audience expects them to lie to them.

Do you think, with them as your source, they have your best interests at heart? Then why would you even listen to them?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
It doesn't rely on the word of a Sandia engineer.

It either exists or it doesn't, he's just a whistle blower.

Partisan Ideological indoctrination camps at work places are wrong, never mind when they are government supported. Its just telling how far the left has fallen when they used to be the ones complaining about "god" on the money or the 10 commandments being anywhere court grounds.

That something this base level has to be explained means there is no grounds for discussion.

This should have been done long ago.

And now to take the left at their word.
Department of Education to investigate Princeton after president admits to 'systemic racism'
or were they being insincere the entire time...
Isn't Fox a defacto reeducation camp?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You link to sources that lie to you. Hell one of them just got done arguing that their audience expects them to lie to them.

Do you think, with them as your source, they have your best interests at heart? Then why would you even listen to them?
His feels man, they stroke his feels oh so well. The Op is scared shitless of the world and they play right into thet.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It's fall. Time for pumpkin spice waffles!

NGREDIENTS:
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
  3. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pumpkin puree, eggs and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist but slightly lumpy.
  4. Pour a scant 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into the waffle iron, close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 4-5 minutes; keep warm in oven.
  5. Serve immediately.

• Love

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I thought this has a good analysis of this issue.

Is it a TOTAL coincidence that your propaganda conspiracy carrying behind is activated during periods of, say, Cohen releases a book the details exactly what kind of Kompromat dear Putin wields over Trump?

Here, in case you missed it.

Is it me or does Puti have goo goo eyes for donald. :hearteyes:

Reactions: cytg111

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
It's fall. Time for pumpkin spice waffles!

NGREDIENTS:
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
  3. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pumpkin puree, eggs and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist but slightly lumpy.
  4. Pour a scant 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into the waffle iron, close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 4-5 minutes; keep warm in oven.
  5. Serve immediately.
it's never time for pumpkin spice anything

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
it's never time for pumpkin spice anything

Pumpkin spiced pumpkin bread in a waffle iron is one I'll make an exception to. They are like pumpkin bars, but with a better crisp.