Trump banned from Twitter permanantly

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
The difference between calling for the overthrow of the State of Israel & genocide against Jews is apparently too subtle for you to detect. Not that you care about such distinctions except when they suit you. I mean, Trump didn't actually tell his followers to assault the Capitol, right? Not in so many words. It was all open to interpretation by the listeners Trump manipulates so well. Why are they there at all? Because Trump summoned them to "Stop the Steal!" which is an outright lie in the first place.
And to peacefully march. His words not mine.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

if you say kill kill kill and in the next breath say peace peace peace, you still said kill kill kill to begin with. saying peace peace peace after doesn't change that very simple fact.

why doesn't everyone else put this fool on ignore? he can't derail good threads if no one responds.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Trump was deserving of this ban long ago. FB and twitters mistake has been not enforcing the ToS sooner for so many accounts.

Remember years ago when R's ran it all and couldn't figure out if trump's shitty tweets were official government policy / statements? Look how far they've come.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump was deserving of this ban long ago. FB and twitters mistake has been not enforcing the ToS sooner for so many accounts.

Remember years ago when R's ran it all and couldn't figure out if trump's shitty tweets were official government policy / statements? Look how far they've come.
Yep. They would have been way better off coming up with basic standard rules and then saying: ‘fuck you our platform our rules’.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
if you say kill kill kill and in the next breath say peace peace peace, you still said kill kill kill to begin with. saying peace peace peace after doesn't change that very simple fact.

why doesn't everyone else put this fool on ignore? he can't derail good threads if no one responds.
Yeah I have him on ignore the abject dishonesty is just boring.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
A single call for peace amidst an ocean of inflammatory rhetoric doesn't absolve him, particularly when he has persistently been pedaling false information that would warrant a violent response if true. If our elections are truly not fair elections, if a significant portion of the government apparatus is successfully covering up a rigged election, then many would consider violence to be justified. The fact that Trump continued to spread this lie, continued to rile up his base, continued to use violent rhetoric is what led to the insurrection, and hence his twitter ban.

If I go and tell a lie to person A that person B raped his girlfriend, and then when police look into it, they find nothing, and I tell him the authorities are covering it up, but he should stay calm, but if he doesn't do anything, no one will, and then person A goes and beats the shit out of person B, I'm not absolved of inciting violence just because I told person A to stay calm.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Sorry, but only idiots would interpret were pissed as go do violence. And as we saw, idiots did.

Well Trump supporters are idiots. You are right on that.

Your weak defense of Trump's gross ignorance of the consequences of his and his team's words is laughable.

How exactly should Trump's lawyer's call to "trial by combat" be interpreted huh? To an angry mob of guys in camo, body armor and animal pelts? Fuckin A, really?!

And if he really did not mean those words, why the fuck didn't he call in law enforcement ASAP instead of just watching it gleefully on TV?

Please include yourself on the idiot list if you expect us to believe this utter foolishness.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Well Trump supporters are idiots. You are right on that.

Your weak defense of Trump's gross ignorance of the consequences of his and his team's words is laughable.

How exactly should Trump's lawyer's call to "trial by combat" be interpreted huh? To an angry mob of guys in camo, body armor and animal pelts? Fuckin A, really?!

And if he really did not mean those words, why the fuck didn't he call in law enforcement ASAP instead of just watching it gleefully on TV?

Please include yourself on the idiot list if you expect us to believe this utter foolishness.
First of all it would be no surprise I'm not a Trump supporter.

Second of all the house already said he's guilty of inciting an insurrection so my option doesn't matter. I've stated my opinion and why, continuing this argument is a fools errand.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Where did Trump demand his followers rush the capital and damage property? All I saw him say is peacefully walk.
here you go, dumbass. crosspposting from the other thread

yeah, this was on the 5th. If you don't understand that to be a direct incitement, then you are bigger fool than you think.

"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?" Humans have understood what this means for over a thousand years now. When the fuck are you going to engage those critical centers?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
here you go, dumbass. crosspposting from the other thread

yeah, this was on the 5th. If you don't understand that to be a direct incitement, then you are bigger fool than you think.

"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?" Humans have understood what this means for over a thousand years now. When the fuck are you going to engage those critical centers?
Where's the call to violence?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Link? Coz I have links where he condemns them. By name.
Here you go

Donald-Trump-Central-Park-Five.jpg

Every literate person paying attention knew that Trump was a white supremacist piece of shit decades ago. There was never any mystery there. Today? Still believes this shit. Publicly.

Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Where's the call to violence?

read my post. The point, obviously, is that you don't understand how words work. The rhetoric is millennia old. The fact that you don't understand these things means that education has patently failed you. There is no other way.

Do you understand what I'm referring to in my post? lol, you said continuing your own argument is a fools errand...merely 5 minutes before this response. Why persist at being wrong about something that basically the entire nation understands?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Here you go

Donald-Trump-Central-Park-Five.jpg

Every literate person paying attention knew that Trump was a white supremacist piece of shit decades ago. There was never any mystery there. Today? Still believes this shit. Publicly.
I'm against the death penalty but where's the white supremacy?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm against the death penalty but where's the white supremacy?

do you know what that open letter is? maybe not the best link, but "the death penalty" is not the point of what I linked. If you don't know what it is, then fuck you. You don't care anyway about knowing things that literally everyone else knows.

I'm tired of this "gee, I was unaware of that!" from you, constantly. You don't fucking care to be involved in actual discussions.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
do you know what that open letter is? maybe not the best link, but "the death penalty" is not the point of what I linked. If you don't know what it is, then fuck you. You don't care anyway about knowing things that literally everyone else knows.

I'm tired of this "gee, I was unaware of that!" from you, constantly. You don't fucking care to be involved in actual discussions.
Fuck you. Do you understand I've corrected myself on my opinions thank almost anyone else on this board? I'm open, but substantial proof is needed. If that doesn't work for you, b ignore me. I couldn't care less. But don't best my ass for my opinion, unless I'm clearly being a moron. In which case, I'll change my POV. As far as Trump inciting violence all I've seen is ” he meant this" all the while ignoring what he actually said in plain English (we'll march in peace for example).

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Fuck you. Do you understand I've corrected myself on my opinions thank almost anyone else on this board? I'm open, but substantial proof is needed. If that doesn't work for you, b ignore me. I couldn't care less. But don't best my ass for my opinion, unless I'm clearly being a moron. In which case, I'll change my POV. As far as Trump inciting violence all I've seen is ” he meant this" all the while ignoring what he actually said in plain English (we'll march in peace for example).
Your problem seems to be your inability to process more than a single sentence at a time.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

For angst to actually agree with you I think he would have had to verbally declare himself to be of sound mind and actually cite that he wanted his followers to violate 18 US Code 1111 (murder) 115 and 2384 (seditious acts) in order to overthrow the legally held election.

Otherwise how could anyone know what he meant.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
And your problem is the inability to independently process information outside of your echo chamber.
Sorry, doesn't work for me. Check my posting history. 15 years ago, I was a die hard conservative, even more so than you. I made a lot of posts early on that I'm not proud of today. But I am able to look at information within a broad context, look at facts, and change my mind to fit the information. You are so stuck in your world view you will take a single sentence out of context and ignore the rest in order to preserve your view that conservatives aren't any worse than progressives. You'll say you aren't a Trump supporter, but then carry water for him for page after page with ludicrous arguments. Have the strength to accept you may be wrong, and a whole new world will open up for you.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Sorry, doesn't work for me. Check my posting history. 15 years ago, I was a die hard conservative, even more so than you. I made a lot of posts early on that I'm not proud of today. But I am able to look at information within a broad context, look at facts, and change my mind to fit the information. You are so stuck in your world view you will take a single sentence out of context and ignore the rest in order to preserve your view that conservatives aren't any worse than progressives. You'll say you aren't a Trump supporter, but then carry water for him for page after page with ludicrous arguments. Have the strength to accept you may be wrong, and a whole new world will open up for you.
Cool story bro.

The problem is I'm not a Trump supporter. Never have been. What I cannt tolerate is fake news even against Trump. He never incited violence. I have a problem putting blame where it doesn't doesn't belong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DaaQ and Pohemi