Trump banned from Twitter permanantly

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Which tweet led to this? Protip: none. It was Trump supporters that led to this.

edit: oh I found it.

Fuck yeah. That has "storm the capital and commit acts of violence" all over it. :rolleyes:

This was no ones fault but the terrorists who did it.

He told the terrorists "we love you!" in a video posted to Twitter while they were still assaulting the US Capitol. Fuck off.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Which tweet led to this? Protip: none. It was Trump supporters that led to this.

Fuck yeah. That has "storm the capital and commit acts of violence" all over it. :rolleyes:

Years of encouraging violence against "others". Hope your satisfied with enabling it.

Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Every time I think there’s not some new level to which people will sink I am wrong, haha.

He told them the election and therefore the presidency was illegally stolen from him, which means it was a coup. He then directs the people who believed his lies to head to the capitol because if they ‘don’t fight like hell they aren’t going to have a country anymore’.

Trump is in serious danger that this satisfies all necessary elements of the statute which criminalizes such conduct.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Donald Trump didnt build the world up to this point. Rupert Murdoch did. He constructed the massive bonfire log by log over decades.

Donald threw the match.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
He told the terrorists "we love you!" in a video posted to Twitter while they were still assaulting the US Capitol. Fuck off.

Theres a cherry picked statement if I ever saw one. Similar to the "fine people on both sides" statement. Fuck the rest of the statement, you got your sound byte!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Every time I think there’s not some new level to which people will sink I am wrong, haha.

He told them the election and therefore the presidency was illegally stolen from him, which means it was a coup. He then directs the people who believed his lies to head to the capitol because if they ‘don’t fight like hell they aren’t going to have a country anymore’.

Trump is in serious danger that this satisfies all necessary elements of the statute which criminalizes such conduct.

Dude your twisting his quotes lulz. His "we wont have a country anymore" is from his SOTU address in June 2016 talking about getting tough on immigration:
If we don't get tough, and we don't get smart – and fast – we're not going to have a country anymore -- there will be nothing left.
Transcript: Donald Trump's national security speech - POLITICO

Quit twisting shit to make your narrative.

In his speech at the rally before the march on the capital (This is what Trump told supporters before many stormed Capitol Hill - ABC News (go.com) ) he repeated all kinds of false numbers. But a call for violence wasnt there. In fact, what he said was:
I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Quit making shit up. Youre better than this fskimospy.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Dude your twisting his quotes lulz. His "we wont have a country anymore" is from his SOTU address in June 2016 talking about getting tough on immigration:

In his speech at the rally before the march on the capital (This is what Trump told supporters before many stormed Capitol Hill - ABC News (go.com) ) he repeated all kinds of false numbers. But a call for violence wasnt there. In fact, what he said was:

No, this is the quote from the Capitol riot:

Our brightest days are before us. Our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody until I came along had any idea how corrupt our elections were, and again most people would stand there at 9 o'clock in the evening and say I want to thank you very much, and they go off to some other life, but I said something is wrong here, something is really wrong, can't have happened and we fight, we fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore.

Reactions: soundforbjt and pmv

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

But your leaving out other, inflammatory parts like "we will never concede!, will will never give up!" or "only through strength can we win", all this, (plus worse from Rudy, Don Jr, Mo Brooks) got that crowd whipped into a frenzy. Then, like a true prick, he puts it all on Pence's shoulders "all he has to do is send it back to the states for a re-vote" when Pence clearly had no such authority to do anything like that at all. These people were so looking for a scapegoat chants of "hang Mike Pence!!" could be heard as they breached the entrance, indeed, a functioning gallows was put together. Who the hell knows just how ugly this could have been if there was no protected area to whisk them away to.

Reactions: pmv

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-speech-save-america-rally-transcript-january-6
  • Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about.
  • ... I said, “Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.” And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.
  • So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue
  • So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.
I see it. Liz Cheney saw it. The "terrorists" saw it. Why can't you?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-speech-save-america-rally-transcript-january-6
  • Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about.
  • ... I said, “Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.” And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.
  • So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue
  • So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.
I see it. Liz Cheney saw it. The "terrorists" saw it. Why can't you?

Yeah. Something is wrong so lets march " over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. "

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
But your leaving out other, inflammatory parts like "we will never concede!, will will never give up!" or "only through strength can we win", all this, (plus worse from Rudy, Don Jr, Mo Brooks) got that crowd whipped into a frenzy. Then, like a true prick, he puts it all on Pence's shoulders "all he has to do is send it back to the states for a re-vote" when Pence clearly had no such authority to do anything like that at all. These people were so looking for a scapegoat chants of "hang Mike Pence!!" could be heard as they breached the entrance, indeed, a functioning gallows was put together. Who the hell knows just how ugly this could have been if there was no protected area to whisk them away to.

Wheres the call to violence? Or does strength mean violence?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

False. It is a quote from his speech on 1/6. Will you edit your post and retract?

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

No, you are being disingenuous. It's not the first time he said it, but he definitely said it at the rally. I broke it all down, and explained with a short analogy for the obtuse and those pretending to be obtuse in this post in another thread:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...events-of-1-6-21.2589520/page-3#post-40409251

Just because there is no single incriminating sentence that would send him immediately to jail. Doesn't mean his hour+ long screed proclaiming a stolen election, that you have to be strong and fight to stop, or our country is doomed, isn't clear as day to any but the most willfully blind.

Reactions: blackangst1

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
False. It is a quote from his speech on 1/6. Will you edit your post and retract?

Why? I posted the text of the quote when it was said. So Im not retracting a true statement.

Here is the transcript of the 1/6 speech. At what time point did he say this?
Donald Trump Speech "Save America" Rally Transcript January 6 - Rev

edit: guidryp quoted it. Thank you for that. So we're both right. Meh. I still dont see a call to violence. So fight like hell means storm the capital and commit violence? You guys really interprate it that way?

LOL

• Haha

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Why? I posted the text of the quote when it was said. So Im not retracting a true statement.

edit: guidryp quoted it. Thank you for that. So we're both right. Meh. I still dont see a call to violence. So fight like hell means storm the capital and commit violence? You guys really interprate it that way?

LOL
His supporters interpreted it that way.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

LOL
From your own link -

And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Speaking of things people should be better than, don’t quote things that disprove your point.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No, you are being disingenuous. It's not the first time he said it, but he definitely said it at the rally. I broke it all down, and explained with a short analogy for the obtuse and those pretending to be obtuse in this post in another thread:

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...events-of-1-6-21.2589520/page-3#post-40409251

Just because there is no single incriminating sentence that would send him immediately to jail. Doesn't mean his hour+ long screed proclaiming a stolen election, that you have to be strong and fight to stop, or our country is doomed, isn't clear as day to any but the most willfully blind.
Yes, read that fucking speech. The entire thing is an incitement to violence.

Reactions: BUTCH1

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
From your own link -

Speaking of things people should be better than, don’t quote things that disprove your point.

That can be interpreted a hundred different ways man. But I still dont see a clear call for violence. Have you never said "I could kill him/her" or something? (yes you have). Were you serious?

• Haha

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah. Something is wrong so lets march " over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. "
You scold others for 'cherrypicking statements' and yet you cling to this ONE line like it excuses every other thing he stated. It's hilarious.
LOL
That can be interpreted a hundred different ways man. But I still dont see a clear call for violence. Have you never said "I could kill him/her" or something? (yes you have). Were you serious?
You must be strong, carrying all that water. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ivwshane

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So now you have shifted from claiming he didn’t say it on that day to that he said it but it’s okay.

Again, will you now edit and retract after being proven wrong by your own links?