Trump banned from Twitter permanantly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Adios!

537142c96868083dfa00a37f3cea5b44.jpg

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Apple is threatening to ban Parker for not moderating content that threatens violence.

Edit: posted already

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/apple-threatens-ban-parler
  • Apple Has Threatened To Ban Parler From The App Store
  • The social networking app favored by conservatives has been given 24 hours to institute a moderation policy.
I didn't expect this one. Banning conservative media just as they begin to flee to it in mass. Shutting down their speech entirely is a bold move. Risky too. Speech is the only outlet to belay violent acts. It is civil discourse, however dangerous and uncivil it may be. To hunt down and attack convservative outlets, to banish the bubble itself is VERY bold.

Also too little, too late. The religion exists. They will find a way.

Americans live in interesting times.

Parler took 3 days to remove a post calling for the execution of Mike Pence.

Parler is currently being used to plot insurrection and treason. Apple has evidence of this. Apply has a obligation to stop this or banish it from its platforms.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
  • The social networking app favored by conservatives has been given 24 hours to institute a moderation policy.
I didn't expect this one. Banning conservative media just as they begin to flee to it in mass. Shutting down their speech entirely is a bold move. Risky too. Speech is the only outlet to belay violent acts. It is civil discourse, however dangerous and uncivil it may be. To hunt down and attack convservative outlets, to banish the bubble itself is VERY bold.

If Apple takes Parler out of their App Store, he is totally silent until they can figure out another platform. Goggle will not be far behind once Apple sets the stage.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
You know what he's gonna do, right? He'll summon adulation, just like he's done since he threw his hat in the ring in 2015-16. He'll manage somehow to have rallies and stoke his ego, it's ointment for the wounds he's been suffering, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts yanked from him, the 2nd impeachment proceedings. That's your next 12 days.

No doubt his team is planning some sort of farewell tour to salvage what they can of his sanity. But at this point, after the election loss, subsequent legal failures, and the insurrection blowback...any more damage could put him in a death spiral. I mean, his brand is already shot to shit. Trump = Treason. Who the hell wants to live in Trump Tower now??

Losing his audience would be the final straw. What happens when he becomes irrelevant, and Hannity and Tucker stop taking his calls??

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Excellent news that I've been hoping for for months. This drives another stake in the heart of the wretch's plans to run in 2024. Now, if he can be impeached and a majority approves in the Senate, HE CANNOT RUN.

Yes, best news since Tuesday's runoff.

They just took away the baby's toy. He's gotta be smarting!

I wonder, the reason given is the danger of more violence being incited, based on recent activity on the account. Has he been inciting violence since Wednesday, say for the inauguration?

Are you sure this is true? Guess I'll find out on TV news tonight.
LOL, I can imagine him sitting on the throne early Sunday morning, phone in hand with multiple "rejected, account banned" coming up as he desperately tries to post.

Jan 25, 2011
I can't help but wonder which employee at Twitter got the pull the trigger on that! That and I think about 50 million bots just found themselves out of a job.

Also, lots of posts on Twitter now saying Parler is down.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
No doubt his team is planning some sort of farewell tour to salvage what they can of his sanity. But at this point, after the election loss, subsequent legal failures, and the insurrection blowback...any more damage could put him in a death spiral. I mean, his brand is already shot to shit. Trump = Treason. Who the hell wants to live in Trump Tower now??

Losing his audience would be the final straw. What happens when he becomes irrelevant, and Hannity and Tucker stop taking his calls??
Honestly, I will not shed a tear if I hear that he's kicked the bucket. Don't know for sure, but I'm not anticipating feeling sorry for this guy. He's reaping what he's sown. I'd just as soon hear that he's penniless and walking the streets, but it's not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009

They’ll just do it as a web app.
Nobody needs an apple or android app to create shit on AT
But yeah, I cannot imagine Parler lasting long. Who the fuck advertises on it and who the fuck wants to advertise to conspiracy nut bags and traitors. I’m sure there are some local deplorable businesses but that’s just not enough money.

Dec 10, 2005
Apple, Google, Twitter, etc... are under no obligation to provide a forum for speech that runs counter to their terms of service. Just like you can choose who can and cannot speechify on your property, they can do the same for their property.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
LOL, I can imagine him sitting on the throne early Sunday morning, phone in hand with multiple "rejected, account banned" coming up as he desperately tries to post.
He's addicted to his Twitter account. Not having that has got to feel like a sock in the gut for him. How the mighty have fallen. His staff are like sailors jumping off a large sinking ship, swimming as fast as they can to keep from being pulled down with the stricken vessel. He must be going nuts. The people who haven't fled must be looking at him with pity.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Apple and Google should continue to allow Parler a platform so that the FBI can keep a detailed list of Republicans and Terrorists (redundant terms, I know) who are OPENLY PLOTTING violence and treason.

Shutting down Parler is counterproductive.
If they can't plot, they can't execute. If they can plot, the FBI can find out. They aren't exactly clueless.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
From the New York Times:

Twitter said on Friday that it had permanently suspended President Trump from its service “due to the risk of further incitement for violence,” effectively cutting him off from his favorite methods of communicating with the public and capping a series of actions by mainstream sites to limit his online reach.

The move came two days after supporters of Mr. Trump stormed the Capitol, leading to at least five deaths. Mr. Trump praised the rioters in multiple tweets, including one saying, “These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long.”

Twitter said in a blog post on Friday, “After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.”

In its blog post, Twitter said that “plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the U.S. Capitol and state capitol buildings on Jan. 17, 2021.” It said that Mr. Trump’s tweets since Wednesday’s attack were “likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on Jan. 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.”

Last edited:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
So Agolf Twittler has been banned from Twitter, how long till he's banned from Golf Courses?