Trump attempting to redefine "wiretap" in his tweets

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You can tell Trump is on the ropes when he accused President Obama of committing a felony. Wiretapping is a specific act. He's now saying, "hey I put wiretap in quotes so what it means is all kinds of surveillance.
When asked by Carlson why he tweeted about the alleged phone tap before producing evidence, Trump said his definition of wiretapping "covers a lot of different things."

"That really covers surveillance and many other things," he said. "Nobody ever talks about the fact that [the words 'wires tapped'] was in quotes [in the tweet], but that’s a very important thing
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...wiretapping-to-house-committee-very-soon.html

But there were a series of tweets in which this was one of them
How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837996746236182529

Note words "wires tapped" are not quoted. Also he made the specific charge that Obama "tapped his phone" which is more then just general surveillance.

The WH are doing what they always do when Trump talks shit, word smith their way out. His big mouth has boxed him into a corner I hope the media and the committees investigating keep him in.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Just wait lots of interesting things are going to come to light in the next two weeks. We won't believe it. He can barely believe it himself. What his investigators have found in Hawaii is just unbelievable.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You can tell Trump is on the ropes when he accused President Obama of committing a felony. Wiretapping is a specific act. He's now saying, "hey I put wiretap in quotes so what it means is all kinds of surveillance.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...wiretapping-to-house-committee-very-soon.html

But there were a series of tweets in which this was one of them

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837996746236182529

Note words "wires tapped" are not quoted. Also he made the specific charge that Obama "tapped his phone" which is more then just general surveillance.

The WH are doing what they always do when Trump talks shit, word smith their way out. His big mouth has boxed him into a corner I hope the media and the committees investigating keep him in.

That entire interview is pure, distilled lunacy. He basically came out and said the reason he thought he was being wiretapped was because he saw a segment about wiretapping on Fox News.

This man is not mentally well.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Ken g6

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Haha what a fucking pussy. A man should speak his mind and not back down from his convictions. This is what we have to look forward to.

"I didn't actually mean a wall." "I didn't actually mean a Muslim ban." "When I said "fix" the economy I meant "price fix".

He should just drop the pretense and declare marshal law. Get the charade over with.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Just wait lots of interesting things are going to come to light in the next two weeks. We won't believe it. He can barely believe it himself. What his investigators have found in Hawaii is just unbelievable.

The 6th thing in his list will astound you! Just wait.

Reactions: Meghan54
Feb 10, 2000
I find it just exhausting dealing with the reality of a POTUS who is so persistently dishonest, professionally incompetent and proudly ignorant. We have had plenty of Presidents who suffered from some of the same deficiencies as Trump, but none who combined them all into one nacho cheese-colored shitbag.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I find it just exhausting dealing with the reality of a POTUS who is so persistently dishonest, professionally incompetent and proudly ignorant. We have had plenty of Presidents who suffered from some of the same deficiencies as Trump, but none who combined them all into one nacho cheese-colored shitbag.

That was beautiful Don, just beautiful.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Indeed, and also sadly all too true.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
hear, hear!!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I still think he has some habits. Why oh why is he raging in the middle of the night? Mmmm...

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Honestly, I find him no different than many of the right wing posters here. All you can do is call them out and shame them, unfortunately, trump is also a narcissist so he's impervious to shame. Oh well, I'll put him in ignore.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Honestly, I find him no different than many of the right wing posters here. All you can do is call them out and shame them, unfortunately, trump is also a narcissist so he's impervious to shame. Oh well, I'll put him in ignore.
Press can ask question over and over again until WH explains why Trump shouldn't apologize. Maybe someone can convince Obama to sue to get Trump to cut the shit out and stop being a dirtbag

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The white house seems to think that people thought that when trump said his phone were tapped that he meant physically unscrewed and bugged. Did anyone here think that?

Lol

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The white house seems to think that people thought that when trump said his phone were tapped that he meant physically unscrewed and bugged. Did anyone here think that?

Lol
At least not on his end of the line.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm enjoying watching the white house delay the press briefing while trying to figure out how to deal with the complete discrediting of the president's claim.

Lol amateurs.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm enjoying watching the white house delay the press briefing while trying to figure out how to deal with the complete discrediting of the president's claim.

Lol amateurs.
You are being too nice. They are formulating a lie to counter the previous lie.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You are being too nice. They are formulating a lie to counter the previous lie.

Amazingly, this could all go away if trump simply concedes he was wrong and apologize to Obama.

I'm guessing it will look like the birther "apology".

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
And the Brits were not amused by Spicer's lie about Brits spying on Trump on behalf of Obama. WH promised not to repeat the lie.

Nothing like turning a minor domestic incident into full blown diplomatic disaster.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/gchq-trump-wiretap-denial/

Lies, the brits are in on it and trying to help the Obama return as dictator for life. It's all part of the UN agenda 21 conspiracy to make us all live in the dark like Obama did in Africa and enforce Islamic law because floride in the water is polluting our natural essence. Buy your floride shield from Alex jones before it is to late.