Trump Asserts Executive Privilege Over Full Mueller Report

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
What's the current situation with the Mueller report? I've been busy with unusual family events lately. First Barr released a rose-tinted summary, then what happened?
Barr lied then refused to testify before House, ignoring subpoenas all around, now ignoring court orders. Its pretty much fucked in the head and acts like a dictatorship. Pelosi is still blocking impeachment for reasons of 21 dimensional chess.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What's the current situation with the Mueller report? I've been busy with unusual family events lately. First Barr released a rose-tinted summary, then what happened?

Barr is trying to steer discussion away from the report & his own obstructive behavior.

It's about what he thinks Mueller could have said, spying on the campaign & throwing shade on his own department. Conspiratorial traitors & shit. Total obfuscation.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and Burpo

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Barr lied then refused to testify before House, ignoring subpoenas all around, now ignoring court orders. Its pretty much fucked in the head and acts like a dictatorship. Pelosi is still blocking impeachment for reasons of 21 dimensional chess.

It doesn't appear that Pelosi is blocking Nadler, Schiff & others from moving in that direction-

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...tement-robert-mueller-response-sot-nr-vpx.cnn

I think Pelosi would rather be working on policy & constructive efforts rather than having the discourse consumed by impeachment. She's probably coming to the realization it probably won't work that way. She'll just call it oversight for now.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It doesn't appear that Pelosi is blocking Nadler, Schiff & others from moving in that direction-

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...tement-robert-mueller-response-sot-nr-vpx.cnn

I think Pelosi would rather be working on policy & constructive efforts rather than having the discourse consumed by impeachment. She's probably coming to the realization it probably won't work that way. She'll just call it oversight for now.

I think she wanted more time to give Trump more roap to hang himself with .. alas time is running out on her.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I feel if the Dems go half-cocked it will give Trump a victory of sorts. They need something solid to hang him on, so solid the People will either demand their Republican Congress critters convict or they get voted out next election. They need the smoking gun that will turn the public, if they get to his financials soon, that may be it.

Reactions: Ken g6

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
MIght not matter anyway :

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-intervene-trump-office-dershowitz

"The Supreme Court could intervene in attempt to remove Trump from office, Dershowitz says"

As usual, Dershowitz is being disingenuous again. There is hardly anything that would open impeachment to the consideration of the SC. Donnie whining about insufficient evidence isn't one of them.

This below from the article is nonsense from Pelosi. Good god. if she keeps this up, she'll hand the Republicans the victory.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif. -- who presides over the chamber responsible for impeachment -- has repeatedly pushed back on impeachment and, on Thursday, argued it could ultimately prevent an effective prosecution against the president.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
MIght not matter anyway :

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-intervene-trump-office-dershowitz

"The Supreme Court could intervene in attempt to remove Trump from office, Dershowitz says"

Dershowitz is a partisan bullshit artist. He says that the SCOTUS could review removal from office if the people wanted it, even though that's not a legal justification. He goes on to cite previous justices that the court might intervene if the Senate convicted the president w/o a proper trial which obviously has nothing to do with the current situation. And then obfuscates in 57 different directions.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yea, non the less, it was the main story on Fox for a period(so this is what they are priming the base with) and it seems like your rule of law is being rewritten in front of you. Ill believe it when I see it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yea, non the less, it was the main story on Fox for a period(so this is what they are priming the base with) and it seems like your rule of law is being rewritten in front of you. Ill believe it when I see it.

Dershowitz is an insincere & cynical Team Red cheerleader. He doesn't make actual legal arguments anymore. He creates propaganda for the Trumpian masses.

You'll notice how he avoids the issue of obstruction of justice entirely. Don't look at the evidence. Look at my magnificent bullshit. Barr is the same way as is nearly every conservative talking head in existence. Judge Napolitano is more on point-

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6042452393001/#sp=show-clips