Trump Asked Sessions to Retain Control of Russia Inquiry After His Recusal

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
By the time Attorney General Jeff Sessions arrived at President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort for dinner one Saturday evening in March 2017, he had been receiving the presidential silent treatment for two days. Mr. Sessions had flown to Florida because Mr. Trump was refusing to take his calls about a pressing decision on his travel ban.

When they met, Mr. Trump was ready to talk — but not about the travel ban. His grievance was with Mr. Sessions: The president objected to his decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. Mr. Trump, who had told aides that he needed a loyalist overseeing the inquiry, berated Mr. Sessions and told him he should reverse his decision, an unusual and potentially inappropriate request.

Mr. Sessions refused.

The special counsel’s interest demonstrates Mr. Sessions’s overlooked role as a key witness in the investigation into whether Mr. Trump tried to obstruct the inquiry itself. It also suggests that the obstruction investigation is broader than it is widely understood to be — encompassing not only the president’s interactions with and firing of the former F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, but also his relationship with Mr. Sessions.

was also interviewed at length by Mr. Mueller’s investigators in January. And of the four dozen or so questions Mr. Mueller wants to ask Mr. Trump, eight relate to Mr. Sessions. Among them: What efforts did you make to try to get him to reverse his recusal

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/29/us/politics/trump-sessions-obstruction.html

I swear to god somebody is eventually going to uncover a signed memo from Trump saying " I would like to obstruct justice please."

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
So, how many separate attempts of obstruction are we up to with this guy? Giuliani is basically admitting his efforts are aimed at undermining the investigation as well.

Congress, people like Turtle, should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, but we all know the GOP lost any sense of shame a long time ago.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Trumptards don't seem to care
Imagine the contempt the Republicans have for the only kind of people who would elect them. "Thank you so very much my loyal supporters who will only vote for me if I agree to be a gutless piece of filth."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well, if Mueller can't prove collusion then Trump is right to obstruct the witch hunt, right?

And all the other crooked sleaze uncovered doesn't matter because they never should have investigated in the first place.

Persecuted by the rogue agents of the Deep State! Shadow govt, Man! Purge them all! Believe only POTUS! Only Trump can save us!