Trump asked China to help him win 2020 election

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Last time it was the Russians who made me vote for him. I'll try and avoid the China peeps this time. Thanks for the heads up!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Last time it was the Russians who made me vote for him. I'll try and avoid the China peeps this time. Thanks for the heads up!

That was just you opting for an empty demagogue/criminal over a qualified and rational woman with experience. Being a party before country type means you were already in the bag, thus not a target.

I'll wager a guess and say you were already a hopeless partisan before Putin decided to undermine the 2016 election. Your pre-2014 posts are nothing but patriotic, very protective of the democratic process, right? You're not one of those people who defends Trump for things you lambasted Obama for, of course not. Perish the thought.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Gee, shocker.

Trump asked Xi to have China weigh in with its economic power to help him win re-election. Yet again, Trump asking for favors from foreign powers, in this case a hostile foreign dictator, to help himself personally. Makes you wonder what he offered to give in exchange, huh.
I guess we replace Russia with China and the Democrats get to have more investigations. I bet Adam Schiff has tons of evidence already.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I guess we replace Russia with China and the Democrats get to have more investigations. I bet Adam Schiff has tons of evidence already.

Heh. The Chinese wouldn't piss on Trump's head if his hair was on fire, let alone help him win second term. Putin is a whole different story, judging from past practice.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I don't know about Schiff, but Bolton is claiming to have the goods. But why would we need to replace when it could just as easily be both? Makes sense given Trump's close relationship with Kim Jung Un.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

They didn't make you vote for Trump. They just tried to convince people it was a great idea. Mere fact. I'm sure they had America's best interests at heart.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
They didn't make you vote for Trump. They just tried to convince people it was a great idea. Mere fact. I'm sure they had America's best interests at heart.
In retrospect, the 2016 election was about which party was going to vote to implode itself. It was more about our own internal anger than any foreign influences. And the Republicans lost bigly, it's just that many of them don't know it yet. Which is too bad, because I, along with many others, including their own, tried in good faith to warn them.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
In retrospect, the 2016 election was about which party was going to vote to implode itself. It was more about our own internal anger than any foreign influences. And the Republicans lost bigly, it's just that many of them don't know it yet. Which is too bad, because I, along with many others, including their own, tried in good faith to warn them.

So what? Putin's meddling on behalf of Trump was pervasive & well documented. They were in it to win it, and, for their purposes, they did.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Gee, shocker.

Trump asked Xi to have China weigh in with its economic power to help him win re-election. Yet again, Trump asking for favors from foreign powers, in this case a hostile foreign dictator, to help himself personally. Makes you wonder what he offered to give in exchange, huh.
Should this thread just be re-titled "Bolton book outlines corruption and stupidity of Trump" or some such thing? Just so we have a catch all thread.

Reactions: fskimospy

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
But but all the right-wingers tell me that it's the libs who are supposedly cozy with the CCP... so how can this be? Is this like Trump's "secret" bromance with the communist leader in NK?
Absolutely not. There are no secrets about Donnie Rump's love of fellating his idol, Putin. He has done it at least once on national TV.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Next up, he'll reach out to Rocket Man to team up with Barron and take care of the Cyber interference operation.

EZuYD2aXYAE_YMx.jpg

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000

But if Obama did this....
Strange-explosions-head.png

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Remember the exploding Republican head when Obama made a relatively benign statement "I'll have more flexibility after the election"

My, how the bar has been lowered

Reactions: hal2kilo

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
With former cabinet members willing to speak out against Trumpity Dumpity. Wonder if the world leaders will also bad mouth him once he is out of office?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
With former cabinet members willing to speak out against Trumpity Dumpity. Wonder if the world leaders will also bad mouth him once he is out of office?

Our friends will try to avoid the subject...