Trump asked China to help him win 2020 election

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Gee, shocker.

Trump asked Xi to have China weigh in with its economic power to help him win re-election. Yet again, Trump asking for favors from foreign powers, in this case a hostile foreign dictator, to help himself personally. Makes you wonder what he offered to give in exchange, huh.
Don't worry, someone will be along soon to let us know that the words Trump said aren't the words Trump meant. Also it's not illegal. Also it's normal and everyone does it. Also they're just fine with it so whatever.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Don't worry, someone will be along soon to let us know that the words Trump said aren't the words Trump meant. Also it's not illegal. Also it's normal and everyone does it. Also they're just fine with it so whatever.
Shortly for sure.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

You missed pointing to Obama's comment to Russia about having more flexibility after the election, and the Dims are the ones really collocating with Russia. (sorry boomerang and brandonbull you'll have to find other bullshit to enter the thread with)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Haha, that much is certain - 'what's wrong with asking China to buy things from the US?' as if Trump saying 'spend this money to get me re-elected' isn't a massive violation of US law, exactly what we saw with him and Russian, and has no bearing on the overall wellbeing of the US, only himself.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Remember Trump's order under his emergency powers to force the meat packers open despite rampaging COVID? Main result was record US pork exports to China in May.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Haha, that much is certain - 'what's wrong with asking China to buy things from the US?' as if Trump saying 'spend this money to get me re-elected' isn't a massive violation of US law, exactly what we saw with him and Russian, and has no bearing on the overall wellbeing of the US, only himself.

Step 1: WH and his surrogates will strenuously deny this happened.

Step 2: Trump will bumble out in front of the press and say of course I did it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Step 1: WH and his surrogates will strenuously deny this happened.

Step 2: Trump will bumble out in front of the press and say of course I did it.
You forgot two steps:

1) Trump will say he didn't do it.
2) Republicans agree it would be bad but since he didn't do it there's nothing to worry about.
3) Trump will say of course I did it.
4) Republicans will say doing that is fine.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
You forgot two steps:

1) Trump will say he didn't do it.
2) Republicans agree it would be bad but since he didn't do it there's nothing to worry about.
3) Trump will say of course I did it.
4) Republicans will say doing that is fine.

I dunno the GOP senators might do the "I don't pay attention to news involving the president" thing this time and/or simply flee approaching reporters.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I dunno the GOP senators might do the "I don't pay attention to news involving the president" thing this time and/or simply flee approaching reporters.
Hmm good point - after being burned in the past for saying 'Trump would never do corrupt thing X' they seem to have realized that Trump almost certainly has committed any offense he is accused of so they are better off hiding.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Hmm good point - after being burned in the past for saying 'Trump would never do corrupt thing X' they seem to have realized that Trump almost certainly has committed any offense he is accused of so they are better off hiding.

Yea, I kinda doubt too many of them want to get caught up in discussing the president's alleged approval of concentration camps...among other things at this point in the cycle.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yea, I kinda doubt too many of them want to get caught up in discussing the president's alleged approval of concentration camps...among other things at this point in the cycle.
Is it possible that even deplorables have reached saturation?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

My favorite variation on that was McConnell's one sentence response when asked about Trump's bible stunt and gassing of protesters.

I'm not going to critique other people's performances.

I guess Mitch is suggesting that he's never criticized anyone before because he just doesn't see the point of it. LOL

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Is it possible that even deplorables have reached saturation?

The true believers will always believe. That's not nearly enough people for the GOP to stave off electoral doom with though.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I guess Mitch is suggesting that he's never criticized anyone before because he just doesn't see the point of it. LOL

The same Mitch who is on video saying Obama should keep his mouth shut. The vast majority of these people have no real principles except the exercise and preservation of power for its own ends.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Can you imagine what this country could become if suddenly all the people who still support Tump were raptured.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
But but all the right-wingers tell me that it's the libs who are supposedly cozy with the CCP... so how can this be? Is this like Trump's "secret" bromance with the communist leader in NK?

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007

In P&N, save for the "and" meme thread, each poster MUST include commentary in their own words in every post. This is your one ZERO point warning.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Robert Lighthizer is a Trump appointee who still works for Trump. Meaning his credibility is barely better than Trump's.
He practicing for the hearings next year. "I have no recollection of that, Senator." "I don't believe that's true, Senator."

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It's really easy to be a Trump Republican. Good guys only do good things. Bad guys only do bad things. We are the good guys.