Trump Approval Rating Watch thread.

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Is the change to ACA, medicare still going to go? that should help shrink the base

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Not really, the average has been around 38% for awhile. I know the conservative engineers in my office like him, like the Republican tax plan, like the Net Neutrality repeal, like the repeal of regulations, think Roy Moore is not guilty, etc.... Intelligent, highly paid professionals and NONE of what has happened thus far has fazed them in the least.

Well take it up with CNN because that's their headline.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's approval rating sits at 32%, according to a new poll released by the Pew Research Center, matching the lowest level in any poll on his approval since he took office in January.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Nah, no need to ignore it when you just choose not to believe it. I'm quite stunned with how many facts can be seen as fake if you so choose... AND you're a Trumpublican or a House Republican or mentally ill, corrupt, traitorous, delusional, vile... a.k.a. Trump. <--- those of course are a prerequisite.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Edit: oops, too slow on my part.

Not really. The combined polls show that he's been pretty consistent at around 38% since April.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

I think Trump must be getting credit for the economy/stock market to keep that number so high. Consumer confidence is very high right now. If he wasn't batshit insane those numbers would be far higher, He inherited a very good economy with a solid foundation from Obama. Until he has completely ruined it, those number may not budge much.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think he could nuke North Korea and Iran without much movement on those numbers. His base are not familiar with the concept of self-preservation.

This is very true. There is a reason that he holds around that 37-40% mark so consistently....that just happens to be the size of his core base and they really love the asshat for some reason.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
I think he could nuke North Korea and Iran without much movement on those numbers. His base are not familiar with the concept of self-preservation.

Yup, it's almost guaranteed that his followers will follow him...

I just don't get it... In the 1980's I used to look to the US as an exemplary nation of how a nation should be run... now, nothing much has changed but I grew older and wiser and you are none the wiser to the actual power that ruled your every elected representative, the lobbyists that buy their minds and votes while you play pretend that they represent you.

Trump is a toddler, we all laugh at the fool and the nation that elected him but in reality, that is a nervous laugh for us since we allow the same bullshit you do even if it is to a lesser degree...

We really need to fix this, funds have to be openly raised and any HINT of implication that someone funded you and you make a decision in their favour and you are OUT!

In the end it would mean no funding since influence bought would never pay off and we... WE THE PEOPLE, would be the ones in charge. You do our bidding or you are OUT.

A man can dream, can't he? There is such a movement in Britain and when May and UDP fails on the compromise... they are fucked forever.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
This is very true. There is a reason that he holds around that 37-40% mark so consistently....that just happens to be the size of his core base and they really love the asshat for some reason.

They are Americans, that is the reason. From a young age they are taught that they can do no wrong, that the nation is based on only glory and greatness, that the US in their holy sacramount special greatness only dropped bombs to save people... (in reality, the same treaty of peace offered before the bombings was the one accepted by the US after the bombings, the Japanese never surrendered their emperor even though the propaganda in the US said it was a complete surrender afterwards, this is taught in schools to this day) or how the Pilgrims left England because they were oppressed when in reality they left because the were not allowed to oppress and burn people alive for not being of their faith in England.

Then there is the Civil war that the US fought gallantly because of oppression when in reality it had to do with England abolishing slavery in England and in all colonies and the American colony wanted their slaves to stay so they got French to fight for a reason that was a complete and utter lie...

Basically everything about American history that is taught and cherished is an outright lie.

But hey... 'murica! Drumph, Capitalism... Much intelligence, such thinking... hurr...

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The Repub Party is the party of fear. They fear that their numbers are shrinking thus are pulling all manner of shenanigans in order to rule the nation as a minority. The various factions within the party all fear for their existence independently. The religious fundamentalists, the white supremacists, the Nazis, the nativists, the traditionalists, those who consider themselves the defenders of "Family Values".....they're all feeling the walls closing in around them and they see the party that they have staked a claim to as their only means of surviving the rising changes in demographics.

They see these changes as a direct threat to their existence. They want to mitigate this threat by taking control of the government and enact laws that, even if it means violating the Constitution, force the majority party to tolerate having to be ruled by a minority party.

You see these things all the time as state governments that are owned and operated by the GOP enact laws that either skirt established laws in compliance with the Constitution/BOR, or subvert the laws of the land with their own laws that violate the intent and even the letter of the laws at the federal levels. This is just the beginning of their attacks and the more desperate they become the more outrageous and dangerously divisive the laws they put in place will become. Just wait and see.

That they have managed to stock the Supreme Court with activist judges that interpret the Constitution in ways that favor Corporations and the very wealthy over the masses is just another way for the GOP to attack the Constitution and make changes to it that were never meant to be interpreted the way these activist judges do. Citizen's United anyone?

Reactions: Younigue