Trump appoints General H.R. McMaster as National Security Advisor

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Obviously not.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/mcmaster-defense-general-national-security-235244

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/601

Federal Law allows for the president to appoint generals and admirals to “positions of importance,” but also requires Senate confirmation within 60 days.

The last active-duty general to serve as national security adviser was Colin Powell, in the final years of the Reagan administration.

And he became a fall guy for the Bush administration.Tossed under the bus.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I dunno, seemed like he simply stepped into the street and stood there waiting for the bus to hit.

That is probably more true, in reality.

I highly respect the guy for that myself, personal integrity seems to have been thrown to the wind these days.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
That is probably more true, in reality.

I highly respect the guy for that myself.

Sorry, I watched his UN presentation on Iraq. That was enough to destroy any liking/admiration that I had for the guy.

He won a tiny bit of that back for several things that he's said/done in the past several years but no, no respect from me. He knew what was going on and was a willing participant.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Sorry, I watched his UN presentation on Iraq. That was enough to destroy any liking/admiration that I had for the guy.

He won a tiny bit of that back for several things that he's said/done in the past several years but no, no respect from me. He knew what was going on and was a willing participant.

I think he was even not totally in the know at the time when they rushed him onto the stage, he fell on his sword at the moment at any rate.

Cheney is still running around with no consequences I suppose, and several others that should be in jail cells in my stupid opinion.