Trump and Kim Jong Un to meet

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Do you feel the same about Iran?

Iran's enrichment program was totally monitored by the IAEA. They apparently never produced HEU or plutonium for weapons. They sold off their stocks of LEU rather quickly once an agreement was reached. That's all reasonably verifiable whereas the situation in the DPRK is entirely different. I think the world is stuck with the possibility of them having weapons but they may be verifiably dissuaded from creating the materials for more.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
At this point pretty much every world leader has realized if you praise Trump to his face enough then you can get anything you want. It's like holding a treat up for a dog and telling it to sit, except I think Trump might be dumber than my dog.

Bingo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
tYp2LVUgDayvHneRIprmJBvCLLcrbUPvLNWEvLOHfBk.png

thank you...."@NewsAlertHQ"? whatever the fuck that is....

Tell me something, do you even give a shit about vetting whatever it is that comes across your eyes, or it just isn't worth your time?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
64 years without a war?

The war in Korea has never been officially ended, we only agreed to an Armistice. It has also allowed North Korea to build up nuclear weapons that we now have to take into account along with his massive artillery batteries.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Do you feel the same about Iran?

I think they'd rather have them, but the sanctions are too costly to their regional aspirations. They don't need the nukes to conduct their foreign policy (which is to counterbalance Saudi Arabia) and we've had our noses bloodied from invading Iraq.

In the end, there is not enough value there to justify being constrained by sanctions.

Nk is not the same situation by a long shot. These peace overtures all sound too good to be true. Timing and aggressiveness is suspicious.

Beware of Romans bearing gifts.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Olympus Has Fallen was on TV yesterday. I am concerned that this suggested summit may be the setup to a dastardly North Korean plot to kidnap the President.

(Well, not _that_ concerned...)