Trump Adviser Caught On Tape: Voter Suppression Key To GOP Battleground Efforts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Dirty mother effer claims he was talking about lies that Dems spread.

"Asked about the remarks by AP, Clark said he was referring to false accusations that the GOP engages in voter suppression."

Ha ha ha ha. WTF?

“As should be clear from the context of my remarks, my point was that Republicans historically have been falsely accused of voter suppression and that it is time we stood up to defend our own voters,” Clark said. “Neither I nor anyone I know or work with would condone anyone’s vote being threatened or diluted and our efforts will be focused on preventing just that.”

These assholes get caught , on tape, with lies and then they try to lie again about it. This is what the orange pus bag has brought to the party.
cheeto is saying it fine/good to lie.

Then he asshole says "Clark said Trump’s campaign plans to focus on rural areas around mid-size cities like Eau Claire and Green Bay, areas he says where Democrats “cheat.” He did not explain what he meant by cheating and did not provide any examples. "

Of course not. :rolleyes:

The cheating involves the people being able to vote for someone that isn't a Republican.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
It seems a little off that if someone was planning something this nefarious and illegal, they'd brag about it out loud. Since there is no transcript or full recording being made available, nor is this story being reported by centrist outlets, I am skeptical for now. On the surface, it looks like an extremely poorly worded description of the charges that get leveled against GOP. I wonder why more is not provided, would it be because putting it in context would make this into a non-story?

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
It seems a little off that if someone was planning something this nefarious and illegal, they'd brag about it out loud. Since there is no transcript or full recording being made available, nor is this story being reported by centrist outlets, I am skeptical for now. On the surface, it looks like an extremely poorly worded description of the charges that get leveled against GOP. I wonder why more is not provided, would it be because putting it in context would make this into a non-story?
I don't know, a Far Right-Wing Republican clearly stating that he doesn't want everybody to vote is actually a warning sign.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I don't know, a Far Right-Wing Republican clearly stating that he doesn't want everybody to vote is actually a warning sign.
I know you already believe the guy is crooked and he might be. But there is reason to be suspicious about this for the reasons I already stated. Why hasn't the tape or a fuller transcript been released? Isn't there the slightest bit of curiosity about that? Nothing presented after that first damning sentence connects to or reinforces the presumption that he is advocating for voter suppression in any way. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. In particular I would like to see the paragraph before the first sentence quoted in the article.

What will happen is that the story will get corrected at some point, after nobody is paying attention anymore. For now, it's having the desired effect of stoking hatred for the opposition.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I know you already believe the guy is crooked and he might be. But there is reason to be suspicious about this for the reasons I already stated. Why hasn't the tape or a fuller transcript been released? Isn't there the slightest bit of curiosity about that? Nothing presented after that first damning sentence connects to or reinforces the presumption that he is advocating for voter suppression in any way. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. In particular I would like to see the paragraph before the first sentence quoted in the article.

What will happen is that the story will get corrected at some point, after nobody is paying attention anymore. For now, it's having the desired effect of stoking hatred for the opposition.
For now, it's having the desired effect of stoking hatred for the opposition. -- As it should!! If this was a Democrat saying this you would not be advocating waiting for a correction...….just admit it!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Yeah, I don't know. I think we need more context. We need to get to the bottom of what he really meant.

You clowns are so predictable that it's getting kinda sad.

Also the story was first reported by the AP.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
No it does not seem off! Waht is minteresting si you shose to ignore anything that casts a bad light on your buddy Trump and the Republicans! Is the AP not a centrist outlet?? If this was a Democrat who said such things you would immediately be highly offended........your slip is showing....

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
No it does not seem off! Waht is minteresting si you shose to ignore anything that casts a bad light on your buddy Trump and the Republicans! Is the AP not a centrist outlet?? If this was a Democrat who said such things you would immediately be highly offended........your slip is showing....

Naaaa.....what he meant by centrist is Breitbart or RT or Limbaugh or their ilk.......not a centrist press organization like the Associated Press or anyone like that. Don't you get it yet? Because if Chrisitanity Today is a far left publication, as Trump labeled it, then that moves RT to the center......don'tcha get it yet?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Naaaa.....what he meant by centrist is Breitbart or RT or Limbaugh or their ilk.......not a centrist press organization like the Associated Press or anyone like that. Don't you get it yet? Because if Chrisitanity Today is a far left publication, as Trump labeled it, then that moves RT to the center......don'tcha get it yet?
I do now!!!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I think this is one of those things most of us knew (I certainly did) but couldnt prove and now we finally have evidence.

Fun Fact: I am betting even with this revelation we dont see anybody putting in the effort to register and vote next year. I bet we see the same turnout we always have: 55 to 60 percent, max.
Americans are lazy.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
The old "no one is dumb enough to admit a crime that they plan to commit" defense. Nice.

Its seems we are at stage 1.5. We already have pre-clearrd stage 3 so it's all good.

1. They didnt say that.
2. They didnt actually mean that.
3. It's not illegal.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Can we keep bumping this thread until Trumptards admit Republicans cheat to win elections

Meanwhile an oldie but goodie. PA tried to enact strict new voter ID laws a few years using the voter fraud excuse. A judge caught them and they had to rescind. Meanwhile look at this admission from then

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The article reflects and articulates what the RNC has planned since the 2018 rule change. Dont expect the GOP or voters to conduct themselves with any more diginity or integrity than before, much less would be expected.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This would make perfect sense if Republicans didn't have a history of this kind of shit and no interest in correcting it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I do agree that this is one statement pulled out of a speech. We need to see the entire context.

It's like those shit-for-brains people that think Obama said, "You didn't build that!", because they absolutely refuse to listen to that speech, and what Obama actually said.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This would make perfect sense if Republicans didn't have a history of this kind of shit and no interest in correcting it.

And this is also true--it is damning in itself because we know this is what the GOP does every single year, anyway.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

WAKE THE FUCK UP........