Trump Admin Suspending Global Entry Program for NY residents for Dubious Reasons

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
The myriad reasons you’re now inventing for DHS’s decision because you can’t justify it on the merits because of their inaction with other states.

Why you are so interested in defending rank corruption is beyond me.

Then why did you bring him up?

If you really need me to go quote you I will. The error you made was basic and obvious.

Hahaha I would LOVE if he did that: ‘they never tried to prosecute me for all the other crimes I committed so why now?!?’ Lol.
Does the federal government have the authority to revoke the privilege of early entry and exercise its own discretion on which states are in compliance?

Regardless, if you want to vote for the most corrupt president in history or those who are actively enabling him because you’ve decided you’re mad at democrats for not prosecuting him before than knock yourself out! You have to live with yourself, not me.
I sleep just fine at night. I expect NY Democrats wrestle with Trump because he was one of them. Probably why I like Bloomberg so much, as he navigated a path for NYC despite the stupid that radiates from Albany.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Does the federal government have the authority to revoke the privilege of early entry and exercise its own discretion on which states are in compliance?

I sleep just fine at night. I expect NY Democrats wrestle with Trump because he was one of them. Probably why I like Bloomberg so much, as he navigated a path for NYC despite the stupid that radiates from Albany.
No the Federal Government does not have the right to single out States that do not cooperate Der Furhrer Trump! In this case it is a punishment nothing more and nothing less! Why? Because Trump and his cronies cannot bully the states!
Again it amazes me at the amount of questions you try to use to attempt to make a valid poi nt, of which there is none for you!! But it is OK to play dumb....

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Not when they're lying about it. It's the same sort of mendacity as about the citizenship question on the Census.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
It may stop you from flying after Oct 20. Probably not. The rules are different for red states, or will be if necessary. Hail Trump. He is the One.
I have my doubts it'll matter, but I do have a passport and a RealID federal ID, so I'm not concerned. My point is, this is a completely BS argument.

The whole reason Oklahoma is not RealID compliant is because they don't want to share information with the Feds. They will start offering RealIDs in April, optionally.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I have my doubts it'll matter, but I do have a passport and a RealID federal ID, so I'm not concerned. My point is, this is a completely BS argument.

The whole reason Oklahoma is RealID compliant is because they don't want to share information with the Feds. They will start offering RealIDs in April, optionally.

Gotta love it. It's OK for Oklahoma because they have good reasons but bad for NYS because they have bad reasons. And no, it's not about immigration enforcement but about (insert bullshit reason here). They're really doing the right thing. They just can't say what it is.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
No the Federal Government does not have the right to single out States that do not cooperate Der Furhrer Trump! In this case it is a punishment nothing more and nothing less! Why? Because Trump and his cronies cannot bully the states!
Again it amazes me at the amount of questions you try to use to attempt to make a valid poi nt, of which there is none for you!! But it is OK to play dumb....
Ok, Jedi

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Hahahahahahahahhaahhahaha.... The tardface sure feels untouchable now doesnt he. Dont even care. IM KING BITCH. HAHAHHAHAHAAH

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
As a NYS citizen with a wife and two children living in Canada (third on the way) who all have Nexus and rely on it multiple times a month. F*** you Donald and F*** you New York State, you both deserve each other.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
The New York State government has been grossly incompetent long before Trump was around, so yeah both sides.

How so?
What other state of comparable size, complexity while also including similar social services can be used a benchmark for comparison?
Asking for a friend who says running a state is hard.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Reactions: DarthKyrie
Dec 10, 2005
Give unrestricted access to the state DMV records to ICE, what could go wrong?

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials have been permitted to run facial-recognition searches on millions of Maryland driver’s license photos without first seeking state or court approval, state officials said — access that goes far beyond what other states allow and that alarms immigration activists in a state that grants special driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants.

More than 275,000 such licenses have been issued statewide since 2013, when the state became the first on the East Coast to defy federal guidelines and allow undocumented immigrants to obtain a license without having to provide proof of legal status. The technology now under scrutiny could let an ICE official run a photograph of an unknown person through the system and see if any potentially undocumented immigrants are returned as a match.

“It’s a betrayal of immigrants’ trust for the [state] to turn around and let ICE run warrantless searches on their faces,” said Harrison Rudolph, a senior associate at Georgetown University Law School’s Center on Privacy & Technology. “It’s a bait-and-switch. … ICE is using biometric information in the shadows, without government notice or public approval, to hunt down the most vulnerable people.”